The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never understood the "he's faking it" thing when it comes to professional athletes. By & large, they play the sport professionally because they love to play. Also, I think if Kobe didn't want to play in the All-star game; he'd just say so. He's not much for *****-footing around a subject.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
People just need a reason to complain. When your team can't win a title, everything is a conspiracy against you. It's just easier then admitting your team isn't good enough to win without excuses.

On another note, Odom is putting up some impressive numbers since the trade. Talk about a player that's benifited a lot from having the spot light taken off him. The guys a walking double double. :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LO had the dub dub before the half. He really is loving not having any pressure on him.

I love watching this team. Coby Karl's dunk was fantastic. The Machine is auto-matic. I love the bench. That's two straight games where the bench got the whole fourth quarter.

I love when we blow out bad teams...that's what good teams are SUPPOSED to do...great game on both ends tonight.

Dacos!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People just need a reason to complain. When your team can't win a title, everything is a conspiracy against you. It's just easier then admitting your team isn't good enough to win without excuses.

On another note, Odom is putting up some impressive numbers since the trade. Talk about a player that's benifited a lot from having the spot light taken off him. The guys a walking double double. :thumbup:
Try to say something nice about Kobe, and I get a smack back...geez. No wonder no one likes you Laker fans.

Bunch of jerks, you all are. ;)

Oh, well. I AM in the Smack Shack...

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Try to say something nice about Kobe, and I get a smack back...geez. No wonder no one likes you Laker fans.

Actually, that wasn't directed at you, I thought you liked the Lakers. :lol:

I actually respect the Suns, some of their fans just have me a little hostile. I usually don't do much "smack talking." Sorry if my post seemed rude, it wasn't meant that way. You're ok by me! :thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice win. Can't wait to see tomorrow's game. A couple of morning shows are giving away tickets... :cool:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He didn't say the Suns, technically.

I see how you could assume that though, without titles and all. :p

J/K.

I haven't seen the "he's faking it" yet but I'm sure it will fly all around. I've seen his pinky aka second thumb. It ain't pretty. But he's played just fine with it for 5 games now.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, that wasn't directed at you, I thought you liked the Lakers. :lol:

I actually respect the Suns, some of their fans just have me a little hostile. I usually don't do much "smack talking." Sorry if my post seemed rude, it wasn't meant that way. You're ok by me! :thumbup:
I figured you thought I was a Laker fan. Nope. No way. Just have Laker fan friends. :D No apologies needed; I was just teasing you.

He didn't say the Suns, technically.

I see how you could assume that though, without titles and all. :p
Yeah, yeah...jerk. :D

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a play in the first half when KB was fouled by Joe Johnson and Kobe was talking to anyone who would listen, "He cant guard me. He cant guard me." ;)

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times: "Three weeks ago, the Lakers left town with a gaping hole in their lineup and gnawing doubts about their short-term future. Nine games and one astonishing trade later, they returned to Staples Center on Tuesday with a 7-foot souvenir named Pau Gasol and an air of invincibility. Gasol, stolen from Memphis on Feb. 1, made his Los Angeles debut a night to remember. Greeted with a roar during the pregame introductions and saluted during timeouts by fans waving the red and yellow flag of his native Spain, Gasol applied an emphatic flourish to the can-you-top-this trades that have made the Western Conference scaringly good."

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the crowd throwing down a "Co-by, Co-by" chant too after Karl's great dunk in garbage time.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

:lmao:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers 4th toughest strength of schedule in the league.
Lakers 3rd highest scoring differential in the league.

Lakers second to Boston in most 20 point wins (11 to 12)

ddogg likey

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers 4th toughest strength of schedule in the league.
Lakers 3rd highest scoring differential in the league.

Lakers second to Boston in most 20 point wins (11 to 12)

ddogg likey

What does that mean? Honestly, don't all pacific teams play the same schedule?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that mean? Honestly, don't all pacific teams play the same schedule?

Means we've played tougher teams so far than the others. LAL is .517 SOS and the Suns are .480 SOS. If we play the exact same schedule (not sure if that is the case, but probably) then the SOS wouldn't even out until the end of the year.

What it also says is that either the Lakers schedule will ease up, or the Suns' will get tougher, or a combo of both. For example, we've already played Boston and Detroit twice, while you haven't played either yet.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of the times that SOS tells you anything. Looking at last year's SOS in the NFL when projecting future records is teh stoopid.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Means we've played tougher teams so far than the others. LAL is .517 SOS and the Suns are .480 SOS. If we play the exact same schedule (not sure if that is the case, but probably) then the SOS wouldn't even out until the end of the year.

What it also says is that either the Lakers schedule will ease up, or the Suns' will get tougher, or a combo of both. For example, we've already played Boston and Detroit twice, while you haven't played either yet.

Ok, I get it. I didn't realize you were talking about to date, not overall. I sure hope the Suns/Lakers meet in this years playoffs, it would make for a very entertaining series.. of course It will probably lead to my being admitted to a mental ward or a stroke.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is one of the times that SOS tells you anything. Looking at last year's SOS in the NFL when projecting future records is teh stoopid.

I'm not sure that's true. The SOS is based on the other teams W/L records. It doesn't take into account whether those teams had injuries at the time, ect.. It might be a good indicator, but it can be misleading.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that's true. The SOS is based on the other teams W/L records. It doesn't take into account whether those teams had injuries at the time, ect.. It might be a good indicator, but it can be misleading.

Yep. It doesnt tell you much, but it tells you something. NFL SOS is worthless imo due to the parity year to year.