The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see the Suns crap the bed. Sucks that it was against NO.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

Yeah, I had mixed feelings on that as well. They didn't really help us or hurt us, I believe it just moves them into 2nd in place of the Spurs. I can't believe how tight this race is, one loss can push you from 1st to 5th. Talk about tense.

It does at least put us further out ahead of the Pacific.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had mixed feelings on that as well. They didn't really help us or hurt us, I believe it just moves them into 2nd in place of the Spurs. I can't believe how tight this race is, one loss can push you from 1st to 5th. Talk about tense.

It does at least put us further out ahead of the Pacific.

Shaq played 31 minutes on the ass-end of a b2b! :thud:

PringlesMan will have the Diesel in the shop in no time.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq played 31 minutes on the ass-end of a b2b! :thud:

PringlesMan will have the Diesel in the shop in no time.

You are KIDDING me!

Good Lord, Pringles...do you have Shaq in a death pool or something?

They could use Shaq in the playoffs...Pringles is hell bent on ensuring he isn't there. He played him late in the Pistons blowout..got 33 minutes in that game which was over in the third...he's just not a good coach.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Eh, the Nooch will drop more games. Right now, I'm concerned about keeping hold of the Pacific. 1st overall seed would be nice, but we've now got an effective 2.5 game cushion when you factor in the tiebreaker.

Make sure we keep the division and we have a top 3 seed; then we worry about the first overall.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are KIDDING me!

They could use Shaq in the playoffs...Pringles is hell bent on ensuring he isn't there. He played him late in the Pistons blowout..got 33 minutes in that game which was over in the third...he's just not a good coach.

Upon furter analysis, here is Shaq's info this season;

Code:
	MPG	PPG	RPG	DNP
MIA	28.7	14.2	7.82	14
PHX	28.8	13.5	8.34	5

Pre-Shaq	109 PPG		34-14
Post-Shaq	109 PPG		5-5

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I can't believe the minutes they are putting on Shaq. Just another example of why D'Antoni is probably the worst coach in the NBA. Every off season, I pray that they don't fire that guy, I love having him in charge of one of our division rivals. At this rate, Shaq will be on IR by round 1.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upon furter analysis, here is Shaq's info this season;

Code:
	MPG	PPG	RPG	DNP
MIA	28.7	14.2	7.82	14
PHX	28.8	13.5	8.34	5

Pre-Shaq	109 PPG		34-14
Post-Shaq	109 PPG		5-5

Actually, the Suns haven't played that many games WITH Shaq...he was on the team but didn't play for a few games.

I broke down the actual numbers without him in the lineup and with him in the lineup. Prior to Shaq's first game the Suns averaged 109.9 PPG, and allowed 104.1 PPG. In Shaq's 6 games with the Suns so far, they are averaging 105 PPG and allowing a whopping 111.2 PPG.

Now, that's an AWFULLY small number of games to base any statistical relevance on at this point, and they had quality opponents during that stretch, but it will be interesting to see how that bears out. If the trend continues, it isn't good for the Suns and the number that should be concerning is the 7 points per game worse defensively. You expect some offensive problems integrating a true center into a system that never had one, but the defense should NOT be regressing. Not when that's a reason you brought the guy in.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the Suns haven't played that many games WITH Shaq...he was on the team but didn't play for a few games.

I broke down the actual numbers without him in the lineup and with him in the lineup. Prior to Shaq's first game the Suns averaged 109.9 PPG, and allowed 104.1 PPG. In Shaq's 6 games with the Suns so far, they are averaging 105 PPG and allowing a whopping 111.2 PPG.

Yeah, I debated doing it that way too and will for future analysis. The way I did it, it factors in the loss of Marion/Banks. The PAA is sick.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are KIDDING me!

Now that part I agree with. With 10 minutes in the 4th Q, ALL of my starters would be out of the game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now, that's an AWFULLY small number of games to base any statistical relevance on at this point, and they had quality opponents during that stretch, but it will be interesting to see how that bears out. If the trend continues, it isn't good for the Suns and the number that should be concerning is the 7 points per game worse defensively. You expect some offensive problems integrating a true center into a system that never had one, but the defense should NOT be regressing. Not when that's a reason you brought the guy in.

When you consider the 70 something they held Boston to, it's pretty scary.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
And now.. a rant:

I don't know why people always say there are a lot of Laker fans in Phoenix. It's a load of crap. In 18 years living in Arizona, I don't know another Laker fan. All the crappy radio "personalities" here bash Laker fans and talk about how stupid we are and how none of us know anything about basketball. Everyone on the Sports Radio station (KTAR) is a ******** that knows nothing outside the realm of their own homeristic tendencies toward the all mighty Suns. The funny thing is, the Arizona Cardinals get the exact opposite treatment even though they are a home town team as well.

Most people in Phoenix aren't smart enough to realize that Phoenix is mostly made up of people from other places, hence there will be people here that like other teams. It can be frustrating though, living here and having to hear all the time that you're an idiot because you like the Lakers. I honestly think at this point that Suns fans are dropping below Cowboy and Bears fans on my list of most classless fans in the world. On that note..

Go Lakers!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walton behind the back to Odom for the dunk! :thud:

Looks like Luke is waking up. :thumbup:

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Heat should move to the NBDL.

Dwayadwayneduade sucks. He has also won zero titles without Shaq if you want to play that game.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wade back in. LOL

Farmar length of the court - tossed it at the hoop and got a goaltend call. :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walton behind the back to Odom for the dunk! :thud:

Looks like Luke is waking up. :thumbup:

Uhm, before that kobe threw it the length of the court behind his head..backwards....to Luke who drops the behind the back to Lamar BEFORE he came down with it.

Sick, sick play....play of the year, no freaking doubt.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
That was a fun game to watch. Lakers got a bit sloppy on defense a few times, but they led the entire game and were in control the whole time.

Great to see Luke, Ronny and Farmar have such good games. Good game by The Machine as well. :)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good game by The Machine as well. :)

Add dwyayayayne to the growing Sasha "fan club" that has Mike Bibby, AI, JJ Reddick, Carmella Anthony and many more in it. He pisses people off, gets under their skin and frustrates them into fouls and techs. I LOVE it...and if he were on the other team I'd freaking hate him for it. :D