The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't it a back to back with the second game in Denver?

IIRC, didn't you have this same scenario just a couple of weeks ago with them? The scheduling this year has been really odd.

Yep.

Hey, not to mention the Suns are playing their "Golden State" (as seen from Dallas' perspective) against Minnesota. Minny is trying to get the 3-1 season series on you! Abomb, you are in good shape for your bet. ;)

Weird how there are bad teams that seem to give good teams trouble...the Lakers face the bobcats this week too who have had tight games with us in recent years.

Different team with Shaq now. I don't think Jefferson will go off for 37 and 20 this time.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Gasol didnt practice and hasnt made "significant progress" to come back before Sunday 3/30.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/

Crap!

I realize the next couple are "winable" without Pau, but our chances are better against anyone with Gasol on the floor. I was hoping he would play this week. He MIGHT play Sunday, I guess I'll just hope for that.

Thanks for the update.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that the blocking call was horrible. That was one play where you can tell that he was set, and he was a foot outside of the restricted circle. It was so obvious, the refs in Arch Rivals would have made that call.

The talking heads on KTAR in the morning said it was likely a make-up call for the previous poor call that put Nash at the line for 2 and gave the Suns the lead. :shrug:

They also said that the refs didn't make the decision to not play more of the bench or hold Amare to 5 boards. :D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The talking heads on KTAR in the morning said it was likely a make-up call for the previous poor call that put Nash at the line for 2 and gave the Suns the lead. :shrug:

They also said that the refs didn't make the decision to not play more of the bench or hold Amare to 5 boards. :D

That's why I never listen to talking heads.... I don't think that it is a conspiracy. I just think that refs these days cannot go back on a call, if they make a mistake. If you call a foul in one direction in a split second, you should be able to think about it for a couple of seconds to reverse the call. It appears that the ref never even looked to see if Nash was outside of the circle. He obviously was. He definitely was set as well.

One play or call rarely if ever decides a game's outcome, but it is frustrating to watch, especially because this year there is no room for error.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
PHX got beaten in Boston by 20 and they are still crying about the refs. Only the Spurs and Lakers get the calls, etc. LOL!

The ones that post that make me laugh. Do they actually think that the Lakers get every call? I love the way that after a short win streak, the Suns are the next NBA champion, then when they drop 2, to two of the best teams on the planet today, they are doomed. What a roller coaster fan base.

On the bright side, we got the bobcats tonight, with a chance to put ourself up another game on Phoenix. I know we're banged up bad, but we have to find a way to make it happen. Bobcats don't have a good record, but they have been known to put up some points. Lakers need to pull this one out so we can hold pace, and maybe even gain a little ground. If you would have told me a couple weeks ago when Pau went down that we would still be in first place, I would have thought you were insane.

And people laugh at the thought of Phil for coach of the year. I realize he won't win it, but man he deserves it.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Down 17 now in the 3rd quarter. Just sad. Even if they come back.. again.. that's still just sorry. This is a game they need, and they just don't seem to care.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Down 17 now in the 3rd quarter. Just sad. Even if they come back.. again.. that's still just sorry. This is a game they need, and they just don't seem to care.

Damn I'm good. As soon as I type this, they take a defensive stand and cut the deficit to single digits. Lets just hope they can keep it up.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Looks like Kobe fell apart. He lost that game by himself. They were still in it till he took that ill advised 3 pt shot followed by bad defense and the 2 technicals. The second unit brought them back and the starters lost it. I'm telling you, the second unit is great. They seem to keep the the Lakers in every game. Gotta luv sasha. When he gets hot...he gets hot.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Kobe is my official ass of the night.

He was only 2 techs from a one game suspension. Looks like we'll play the next game with just our bench. Way to go hot head. :(

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disappointing, but it was their third game in 4 nights, so they've gotta be tired.

Kobe has looked like ish since the first GS game. His legs have been gone for the past three games.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I rarely git pissed after we lose. There is no point, and even the best teams lose games. But tonight, I'm friggin fuming. There was no excuse for this, and this team should be ashamed of itself.

It doesn't take away from the great things they have managed to accomplish this year, and I'll just be angry for one night, but still. No excuse for getting blown out on your home floor by the f***'ing Bobcats.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I rarely git pissed after we lose. There is no point, and even the best teams lose games. But tonight, I'm friggin fuming. There was no excuse for this, and this team should be ashamed of itself.

It doesn't take away from the great things they have managed to accomplish this year, and I'll just be angry for one night, but still. No excuse for getting blown out on your home floor by the f***'ing Bobcats.
Easy Darth, they were due to lose to a bad team. I actually was cheering for the bench to bring them back. They had a great run. I can't believe I am actually saying this since I am a Clipper fan but still. You guys are set for years to come and don't be surprised if the young ones take over. Sasha (luv that guy's confidence) , Farmer ( lights out shooting when he is hot) and Turiaf ( spark plug) are the future of this team. This too shall pass. :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird how there are bad teams that seem to give good teams trouble...the Lakers face the bobcats this week too who have had tight games with us in recent years.

Yep! Thank goodness we won't ever face the Bobcats in the playoffs. They would sweep us.

Why in the world do we suck so hard against them? And wtf was that second T on Kobe for? He did absolutely nothing. Wild.

Lakers had a gift handed to them and they pissed all over it.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Yep! Thank goodness we won't ever face the Bobcats in the playoffs. They would sweep us.

Why in the world do we suck so hard against them? And wtf was that second T on Kobe for? He did absolutely nothing. Wild.

Lakers had a gift handed to them and they pissed all over it.
Koby did, not the team....