The people's champ
Reaction score
:thud:

:eek:

:shock:

:hairraise

They do exist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Yea, we do...through thick and thin. Don't worry, you guys will not get out of the first round. GS will take you guys out. Since Shaq has left, you guys are just mediocre. We have gone further than you guys since the Shaqless Lakers. Smile now but with the addition of Al Thornton & EB back next season, we will go further than you guys...promise! I will remind you..rest assured.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, we do...through thick and thin. Don't worry, you guys will not get out of the first round. GS will take you guys out. Since Shaq has left, you guys are just mediocre. We have gone further than you guys since the Shaqless Lakers. Smile now but with the addition of Al Thornton & EB back next season, we will go further than you guys...promise! I will remind you..rest assured.

:biglaugh:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

That's the funniest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PHX got beaten in Boston by 20 and they are still crying about the refs. Only the Spurs and Lakers get the calls, etc. LOL!

Don't throw us all on the same boat. There were a couple of debatable calls in the Boston game, but nothing like the Detroit game.

Grant Hill, Raja Bell, and Barbosa forgot to show up. Its hard to win, when 4 of your regular 8 players play like crap.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
KB is one tech away from an automatic one-game suspension. After that, every other technical foul earns an additional game.

I cant find info on the playoffs, but most people believe the limit is 6 or 8.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KB is one tech away from an automatic one-game suspension. After that, every other technical foul earns an additional game.

I cant find info on the playoffs, but most people believe the limit is 6 or 8.

It resets for the playoffs.

He's in no danger for that, but he might miss a game in the regular season.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus Thompson II in the Contra Costa Times: "With four seconds left in overtime, Delaney called an offensive foul on the Warriors' Monta Ellis, who collided with the Lakers' Derek Fisher and fell to the floor before the ball was in-bounded. Kobe Bryant, who was intentionally fouled on the ensuing Lakers possession, then knocked down two free throws in a 123-119 Los Angeles victory. Many, especially Warriors fans, thought if there was a foul at all, it was committed by Fisher. Stu Jackson, the NBA's executive vice president of basketball operations, agreed. 'We did review,' Jackson said. 'The call was incorrect. After looking at the play, the foul was on Fisher and not Ellis. It appeared that Fisher pulled Ellis down.' Jackson said the league informed the Warriors of its analysis. Delaney also was informed, though Jackson kept the discussions with the respected referee confidential."

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus Thompson II in the Contra Costa Times: "With four seconds left in overtime, Delaney called an offensive foul on the Warriors' Monta Ellis, who collided with the Lakers' Derek Fisher and fell to the floor before the ball was in-bounded. Kobe Bryant, who was intentionally fouled on the ensuing Lakers possession, then knocked down two free throws in a 123-119 Los Angeles victory. Many, especially Warriors fans, thought if there was a foul at all, it was committed by Fisher. Stu Jackson, the NBA's executive vice president of basketball operations, agreed. 'We did review,' Jackson said. 'The call was incorrect. After looking at the play, the foul was on Fisher and not Ellis. It appeared that Fisher pulled Ellis down.' Jackson said the league informed the Warriors of its analysis. Delaney also was informed, though Jackson kept the discussions with the respected referee confidential."

Replay!!!

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
After 2 home losses to two of the worst teams in the NBA, it's officially panic time. If Pau can move at all, he needs to be back on the court. The last two losses are inexcusable, flat out. I don't care if we're down 2 starters, there is no excuse for losing to Memphis.

I really don't care if we get the #1 seed, but I don't like losing to these crappy teams.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
That's the funniest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

It may sound funny now but wait and see. You didn't laugh when I told you the Lakers were going to be good this season...right? You were worried and I was right. I am going to be right about the Lakers not getting out of the 1st round if they play the Warriors....just wait.
I am right about the Clippers next season as well. You played our "D' league due to injury. Those were not the Clippers.
I am right about the Shaqless Lakers too. They might have the bigs now but they will not have time to mesh in time before the second season starts. Having 2 big men like Bynum & Gasol will not be a good fit. They have the same style of play and using both on the court will cause problems for them... especially defending the perimeter. I might be wrong about the bigs but I am not wrong about them getting out of the first round.
With a losing streak going on now and them going back to their old ways (too many outside shots), you are now seeing the demise of the Lakers. This is the
worst time for a losing streak...not good

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I have already had the "Pau and Bynum won't mesh" argument so many times, I'm just going to say ok and let you have that opinion. I'm very hesitant that we can win a title this year, I just think the injuries will be too much, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Next year the Lakers will dominate the NBA. Speaking as someone who also likes the Clippers quite a bit, I hope you're right about them, but I believe you're totally wrong about the Lakers. They are built for several championship runs.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Replay!!!
It was a terrible freaking call. Delany did not see the play. He didnt even look that way until after both players were on the floor for a whole second.

The two refs close to the play did not blow the whistle and I was shocked they did not overrule the call.

Here is a video of it I put on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mUZG-HORwA

There is now guarantee the W's would've won, but it looks like Baron would've had a good look.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I have already had the "Pau and Bynum won't mesh" argument so many times, I'm just going to say ok and let you have that opinion. I'm very hesitant that we can win a title this year, I just think the injuries will be too much, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Next year the Lakers will dominate the NBA. Speaking as someone who also likes the Clippers quite a bit, I hope you're right about them, but I believe you're totally wrong about the Lakers. They are built for several championship runs.
Your right about the Lakers having the players to make a good run for the title for years to come but you also have to remember that so do the Hornets. I think the Hornets are a much more consistent team than the lakers. They also have a good core for years to come. It will be tough between both teams but I agree about the Lakers...just not this year.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Your right about the Lakers having the players to make a good run for the title for years to come but you also have to remember that so do the Hornets. I think the Hornets are a much more consistent team than the lakers. They also have a good core for years to come. It will be tough between both teams but I agree about the Lakers...just not this year.

Hornets are scary good. Overall though, I don't know if they play good enough defense to survive round after round in the playoffs. Time will tell, but if the Lakers don't do it, I'm going for the Hornets.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Hornets are scary good. Overall though, I don't know if they play good enough defense to survive round after round in the playoffs. Time will tell, but if the Lakers don't do it, I'm going for the Hornets.
I like the Hornets myself but I have to go with Shaq this year. I know they are in our division but I want the big fella to get the 5th ring and then call it quits. I am starting to feel a little sympathy for the guy. His mouth is starting to write checks his ass can't cover.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I like the Hornets myself but I have to go with Shaq this year. I know they are in our division but I want the big fella to get the 5th ring and then call it quits. I am starting to feel a little sympathy for the guy. His mouth is starting to write checks his ass can't cover.

It will be a cold day in hell before I feel sorry for that big mouth. :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I kind of expected Wed night's loss. This one was BULLSH. Damn, dudes. Oh well, after Pau went down I put 0-4 in the books on the tough roadie...they beat Utah and Dallas, so these two games wash. Come back on Sunday, Pau...this team is looking lost.

Oh, and two things. One, I loved that Sasha hit a HUGE three with the game on the line. I hate that Lamar missed two (one blocked) threes with the game in winning time. Just totally wrong. Sasha is so much more clutch than LO...wow.

Second thing...am I crazy or is Luke Walton practically incapable of throwing an inbounds pass?? He never gets a good pass in from the sideline...tonight was no different. With a second on the clock, and a three needed to tie, he turns it over. Just terrible inbounds passing. Horrid, really.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Phoenix Mercury could beat the Grizz at home. If you think Gasol is going to fix everything you are living in LALA LAND

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Phoenix Mercury could beat the Grizz at home. If you think Gasol is going to fix everything you are living in LALA LAND

You are a guy who is so whiny about people being fans of other teams that you have created an alternate Cowboy fan personality. If you think your opinion of anything means jack squat, you are living in LALA LAND.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Great, well lets see if they come out with their heads up their asses and drop another one then. Washington is much better then the last two teams we played and got killed by, so it doesn't look good for tonight. :(

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Great, well lets see if they come out with their heads up their asses and drop another one then. Washington is much better then the last two teams we played and got killed by, so it doesn't look good for tonight. :(

....I wouldn't worry, they tend to play better with the good teams. The last 2 were just a case of playing down to the teams and Lamar being sick on the last one. If Lamar is feeling better I see them taking it tonight. Remember, they were winning without Gasol & Bynum. I see a bounce back tonight.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guard penetration. Guard penetration. Guard penetration.

They need to get their ish together.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Guard penetration. Guard penetration. Guard penetration.

They need to get their ish together.
I agree. Watch tonight's game and watch Kobe's defense. I have noticed he is not rotating or helping on the weak side when teams penetrate. he wasn't doing that early in the season. Just an observation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05