The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon bro, you're better than that. :)

Read "Sacred Hoops".

Don't have much of an interest to read it right now. I barely have the time to read about my boy Obama....

I just have said I haven't heard it. He is very coy about that side of him. Partly because the media doesn't ask him these questions too often.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw, just talking about how Arco and Kobe have a "special" relationship. Lots and lots of mutual hatred there in poison cheeseburger land.
lol...I read "prison cheeseburger" and I was wondering what the heck that was.

Now I'm wondering what the "poison cheeseburger" is referencing.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol...I read "prison cheeseburger" and I was wondering what the heck that was.

Now I'm wondering what the "poison cheeseburger" is referencing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2002/playoffs/news/2002/05/20/lakers_bryant_ap/

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- All-NBA guard Kobe Bryant was in the Los Angeles Lakers' starting lineup for Game 2 of the Western Conference finals Monday night despite a bout of food poisoning that left him severely dehydrated.

About two hours before tipoff, Bryant walked slowly but steadily from the Lakers' team bus to the locker room at Arco Arena, where he was given a third liter of intravenous fluids.

"I don't see any reason he wouldn't play," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "He seems to be recovering."

Jackson said the Lakers will wait until game time to decide whether Bryant would start and how much he would play.

Bryant, who scored 30 points in the Lakers' 106-99 victory over the Sacramento Kings in Game 1 on Saturday, ate a bacon cheeseburger and a piece of cheesecake from hotel room service on Sunday night.

He began to feel ill about 1 a.m., and he called Lakers trainer Gary Vitti three hours later.

"He was doubled over like a shrimp," Vitti said. "Anybody who's been there before knows what he was going through."

~snip~

None of the other Lakers complained of illness, and no problems were reported from any of the other 1,200 meals served by the Lakers' hotel on Sunday night, Vitti said.

"Sometimes, these things just happen," he said.

Cheeseburgers are the only thing that has slowed down Bryant in Sacramento recently. He scored 114 points in the Lakers' past three playoff games at Arco -- all victories for Los Angeles.

Then this followup in the mailbag:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/marty_burns/news/2002/05/22/burns_mailbag/

Was Kobe poisoned? Maybe, maybe not
Posted: Wednesday May 22, 2002 4:05 PM
Updated: Wednesday June 19, 2002 1:56 PM

It’s the latest NBA conspiracy theory.

Was Kobe Bryant’s food-poisoning experience before Game 2 of the Western Conference finals an inside job? Did somebody at the local Sacramento hotel room service deliberately "spike" his cheeseburger? That’s what several readers in this week’s mailbag wondered.

Michael from L.A. says the NBA should investigate. Jeff from Indiana wonders if this sort of thing could become a trend. Even Lakers forward Robert Horry said before Game 2 he wouldn’t be shocked to learn of such an act.

Keep in mind that it would take a really crazy person -- let alone a crazed fan -- to risk his job and possible criminal charge by tainting somebody’s food. Still, the NBA apparently recognizes the possibility. A league source involved in security told me that an inquiry was made to the hotel, but wouldn’t comment further.

In the meantime Bryant might want to consider adding a food-taster to his retinue of private security guards. Or, as he said after the game, "Next time I want a cheeseburger, I’ll go to McDonald’s."

Gotta love the cowbell ringing fools in Sucktoe.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I can go for the free tacos, I guess.

Oh, and thanks for explaining the cheeseburger.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw, just talking about how Arco and Kobe have a "special" relationship. Lots and lots of mutual hatred there in poison cheeseburger land.

That's a great feud they have over there.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I can go for the free tacos, I guess.

Oh, and thanks for explaining the cheeseburger.

They are too spicy for you. The Jack in the Box tacos, not the cheeseburgers. But maybe they have pepperjack so they are too spicy as well. :shrug:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are too spicy for you. The Jack in the Box tacos, not the cheeseburgers. But maybe they have pepperjack so they are too spicy as well. :shrug:
dcr was laughing at me the other day when I told him that JitB tacos are too spicy... :)

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
To this day, the Sacramento Kings are my least favorite NBA team. I hate them like I hate no other team. More then Boston, Portland, anyone in our division.. anyone.

I still want to vomit anytime I have to look at Mike Bibby, Chris Webber or any of those idiots. Even Vlade sucks, even though he was a Laker. The only thing I like Vlade for is the fact that we were able to sucker Charlotte into taking him for the rights to Kobe Bryant.

Peja I kinda like, he's the only member of that old cry baby team that I don't despise. Screw the Kings.. they will always suck ass and Arco Arena is a toilet.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To this day, the Sacramento Kings are my least favorite NBA team. I hate them like I hate no other team. More then Boston, Portland, anyone in our division.. anyone.

I still want to vomit anytime I have to look at Mike Bibby, Chris Webber or any of those idiots. Even Vlade sucks, even though he was a Laker. The only thing I like Vlade for is the fact that we were able to sucker Charlotte into taking him for the rights to Kobe Bryant.

Peja I kinda like, he's the only member of that old cry baby team that I don't despise. Screw the Kings.. they will always suck ass and Arco Arena is a toilet.

Amen brother.

I hate Mike Bibby with a passion and wish Dr Evil never would have rolled on top of his mom and he won my college a NCAA championship!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have kicked him in the knees that time in church. I still have a moral dilemna about that one.

:)

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great doubleheader on ESPN tonight;

Spurs @ Jazz 5:00PM AZ
Lakers/Dallas after that.