Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gasol is carrying the team today. 34 points, 15 board, 8 assists. :notworthy

31 assists as a team is nice to see.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Great game guys! I say Odom is MVP. The guy does everything. He is the backbone for the team. Gotta luv him. If he plays like he did today and ever since you got Gasol, you guys
If the Suns fall, You guys will have a real shot against the Spurs.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Great game guys! I say Odom is MVP. The guy does everything. He is the backbone for the team. Gotta luv him. If he plays like he did today and ever since you got Gasol, you guys
If the Suns fall, You guys will have a real shot against the Spurs.

Thanks Joe. I still think we're gonna play New Orleans in the West Finals, but at this point, I'm more then willing to admit I'm doing nothing more then just guessing.

My MVP has to be Pau. I LOVE Lamar Odom, and he was fantastic today no doubt. But Gasol dropping 36pts, 16 boards and 8 assists in his playoff debut has to take the cake today. I'm very dissapointed in Iverson, that was a low class thing to do. He was getting calls all day, and the first time he doesn't get one he likes he goes off and gets intentionally ejected. He knew his team couldn't win and he wanted to get off the court, and that's just a crappy thing to do when you're supposed to be a team leader.

On another note, I'm dissapointed that the Staples Crowd was chanting D.U.I. at Mellow. I hate DUI with a passion, I have had family killed by drunk drivers, but that's just bush league right there.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Bush league or not, Anthony deserves to be called out for his actions.

You're right, he does. It was stupid and irresponsible no doubt. I'm still not sure I like the chant, I would rather the NBA suspended him for the bad image he's setting with a stunt like that. That will never happen though.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The chanting is more punishment than he'll ever see in court. Our DUI laws are ridiculous.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder why the Lakers always seem to play better when the second unit is in there w/ Odom or Gasol. As soon as Kobe left the game, they took over. As soon as Kobe
came back in, the Nuggets started to come back. Am I the only one who feels that way?

Because our bench is lightyears better than other teams' benches. Thus, they often extend leads. Vs. starters, our bench can hang, but against other benches they throttle them. And with a team like Denver with a very light bench, ours will shine.

Nice and simple win. Go Pau. Wait until Kobe has a hot game FFS.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome game. I am so hyped for the playoffs.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Because our bench is lightyears better than other teams' benches. Thus, they often extend leads. Vs. starters, our bench can hang, but against other benches they throttle them. And with a team like Denver with a very light bench, ours will shine.

Nice and simple win. Go Pau. Wait until Kobe has a hot game FFS.
Actually, Denver has a great bench. They have Kleiza, JR Smith & Najera. They combined for 38 points while the Lakers combined for 32 points off the bench with 4 guys. Denver's bench had 2 guys scoring.

Lakers have an above average bench but not light years better than other teams. I say they are in the top 5 but not the best.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's because Kleiza absolutely and always kills the Lakers. If he played against the Lakers 82 games a year, he'd be an all-star and probably MVP.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Hmm, what about everyone warning of how "playoff Pau" would show up and we'd be ruined?

Yeah, well they were obviously right on the money there huh? Pau had almost no impact on todays game, we should have instead gone after Shaq. Those 5 rebounds would have put us over the top. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Yeah, well they were obviously right on the money there huh? Pau had almost no impact on todays game, we should have instead gone after Shaq. Those 5 rebounds would have put us over the top. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Pau got most of his points off a pass and under the basket. Even the commentator said it was handed to him. I personally liked his versatility in Memphis. It was Odom that sparked the lakers and Pau was sitting there for the lay-ups. Pau's points came from the passing. He was beneficiary of the players making the play happen.
I've watched EVERY game and i pay attention to small details and I am positive if Odom was not there, the Lakers would not be the top seed. He creates, scores, rebounds, and plays defense. Just because I am not a fan of the team, I can appreciate great players.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
That's because Kleiza absolutely and always kills the Lakers. If he played against the Lakers 82 games a year, he'd be an all-star and probably MVP.
Nope, he has been playing great all year. I think you are basing this on just the Lakers & Nuggets games. The guy can ball for a 23 yr old. He is definitely a starter on another team.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am positive if Odom was not there, the Lakers would not be the top seed. He creates, scores, rebounds, and plays defense. Just because I am not a fan of the team, I can appreciate great players.

Is this even in doubt? Lamar has had a brilliant second half of the season.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy can ball for a 23 yr old. He is definitely a starter on another team.

Not going to argue that. And it wasn't an insult against Linas either. Just pointing out that he plays MUCH better against the Lakers. He averaged 11 points a game this year overall.

Against the Lakers he scored 15, 21, and now 23. He was injured in one of the games against us and only scored 3 points in 6 minutes, which is the only time he didn't hurt us. If I were Scar, I'd be starting the guy against the Lakers especially.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it Van Gundy yesterday who said something like "I doubt Iverson even cares about getting suspended for too many technicals. He probably thinks, the way his team is defending, he won't be around for much longer anyway."

Classic.

BTW, anyone know why Gasol looks like a homeless?
Dude, take a shower. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05