OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they trade Vlade for Kobe.

They did. I editted my post. ;)

Elden left in a seperate trade a few years later.

wiki said:
On March 10, 1999 he was traded by the Lakers along with Eddie Jones to the Charlotte Hornets for Glen Rice, J.R. Reid and B.J. Armstrong.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Radmonovic is the only one I can really think of, but as stated before, Vlad used to get starter minutes under other coaches. Yes, he's starting now, but only because of injury. The great bulk of all players that played under Jackson had their best years under him.

As for the Elden Campbell debate, I'm pretty sure he never played under Phil. He left in the Glen Rice deal with Eddie Jones at the end of the 1998-99 season if I remember right, and Phil was hired in the summer before the 99-2000 season. I might be off on the dates, but I don't remember Elden being on the Phil Jackson Lakers. Shaq and AC Green started in 2000 and we had Travis Knight and John Salley off the bench that year in our front court.

You could technically say AC Green didn't have his best years under Phil since he only played for him one year, but again, I don't really think that counts. There should be a qualifier that the player has to have played at least 2 or 3 years with Phil to count.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
All this means is that Vlad Rad is going to be SICK next season. :D

I actually really believe that.

I don't think Vlad fourishes well as a starter. Next year however, when Bynum is fully recovered and Pau is the starter at PF, we just need him as a sniper off the bench, I think he's going to be deadly. He will mesh well with Farmar, Vujacic, Turiaf, and Walton to make a very strong core for our bench. I really don't like Vlad as a starter, he made a few good shots Sunday, but over all was a liability IMO.

I would much rather see Turaf start over Vlad. The way Ronnie played Sunday, I don't get why he was limited to 3 minutes. Turiaf is under rated!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utah rolling. Going home up 2-0.

While I'm happy to face Utah if we finish off Denver, I'm reaaaaaaaaaaally glad Battier won't be playing us anymore this year.

And TMac is again going to be stuck in the first round.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Utah rolling. Going home up 2-0.

While I'm happy to face Utah if we finish off Denver, I'm reaaaaaaaaaaally glad Battier won't be playing us anymore this year.

And TMac is again going to be stuck in the first round.

You're really happy about playing Utah in the 2nd?

I was pulling for Houston hardcore because Utah in the 2nd is not good for us. Don't get me wrong, I think we can beat them, but it likely goes 7. Utah will have 3 games at home and they are next to impossible to beat in Utah.

Houston is done, they should forfeit the next 2 games. They have absolutely zero chance. If Houston takes even one game in Utah, I'll feel 100% better about Utah in the 2nd. Right now, I'm not thrilled.. it's going to be a very tough match up.

In fact.. without Bynum.. it's no guarantee at all that we even win our home games. Utah worries me quite a bit.

Of course, we have to get past Denver first, so I'll worry about it later. News from ESPN is that Turiaf was sent home Monday with cold/flu symptoms, and DJ Mbenga was hospitalized with bruised ribs after a 2 on 2 collision. We could have some front court depth problems on Wednesday. Mbenga, who cares? But I really hope Turiaf is available.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05