The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Wow.. the way they are calling this game, I can't believe we're even in it, much less in the lead. A 7 point lead going into the 4th after being up 19 at one point.

At the risk of sounding like one of the crybaby Suns fans, they are doing their best to hand this one to Utah.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Lakers win game 1!

Tough game though, very physical. I'm happy about the win, but I wish the refs would make a decision to either let them play physical, or not allow any contact and then stick with it through the game. Not every call went against us, we got a few, but I would like them to just let these guys play basketball.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a little surprised at the defensive sets against the Jazz today. They let Deron move around a lot more than I thought smart to do...and they were less aggressive on the pick and roll against them.

Plus, they really didn't use Kobe as the weapon he can be against this team...since they really have NOBODY who can guard him. But maybe Phil is going to slowplay this series like he did Denver, integrating strategies as we go along.

Win game two, and split in Utah...lets go. That sets up for a good chance to lose the series in short.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus, they really didn't use Kobe as the weapon he can be against this team...since they really have NOBODY who can guard him. But maybe Phil is going to slowplay this series like he did Denver, integrating strategies as we go along.

Oh, and Kobe still dominated even though he wasn't dominating the offense. If he needs to dominate, he will be scary since he can get his at any time. But I hope he keeps this pattern up.

The bench won this game in the second quarter.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like one of the crybaby Suns fans, they are doing their best to hand this one to Utah.

That game was ridiculously officiated on both sides. I dont think either team could make heads or tails of how it was being called.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Phil Jackson has never lost a playoff series when he has won Game 1.

In the playoffs, the team that wins game one wins the series 79% of the time.

The Utah Jazz are tied for the worst road record among Western Teams that made the playoffs (17-24.) The team they are tied with, The Denver Nuggets.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Phil Jackson has never lost a playoff series when he has won Game 1.

In the playoffs, the team that wins game one wins the series 79% of the time.

The Utah Jazz are tied for the worst road record among Western Teams that made the playoffs (17-24.) The team they are tied with, The Denver Nuggets.

brother why do people live by those statistics.. i'm sure you can find a ton of other statistics just like it.. it doesn't really hold much weight.. ie. phil jackson hasn't lost a playoff series when his team was up by 5 at halftime of game 3.

with that being said i loved your post about crybaby suns fans.. i won't deny that our fanbase is the biggest ******** on the planet..

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
ya'll know if bynum will be suiting up at all for playoffs? that'd suck to get a ring like that..

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya'll know if bynum will be suiting up at all for playoffs? that'd suck to get a ring like that..

It doesnt look likely that Bynum will sniff the court this postseason.

It never, ever, ever sucks to get a ring any way. ;)

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
KB's FTAs are clearly unfair. This one was all ball!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
It doesnt look likely that Bynum will sniff the court this postseason.

It never, ever, ever sucks to get a ring any way. ;)

it doesn't suck but bynum will feel like he didn't earn it..

at least it'll make em hungrier..

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it doesn't suck but bynum will feel like he didn't earn it..

at least it'll make em hungrier..

Bynum's early 10 and 10 play got the Lakers to first place. I see what you are saying though, it would probably be a little hollow for him, not playing in any of the post-season games.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Bynum's early 10 and 10 play got the Lakers to first place. I see what you are saying though, it would probably be a little hollow for him, not playing in any of the post-season games.

they were first place for a whole 1 game right? lol .. jk

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
brother why do people live by those statistics.. i'm sure you can find a ton of other statistics just like it.. it doesn't really hold much weight.. ie. phil jackson hasn't lost a playoff series when his team was up by 5 at halftime of game 3.

with that being said i loved your post about crybaby suns fans.. i won't deny that our fanbase is the biggest ******** on the planet..

Oh, I totally agree with you, none of those stats mean jack. I just posted them for fun mostly, and because they are interesting. They have absolutely no bearing at all on how this post season will pan out, just a mildly entertaining read. I believe the Lakers will win because they are the better of the two teams, no other reason.

There are a lot of cool Suns fans, being a Cardinals fan myself, I empathize with a great number of them. The ones that cry about conspiracy and all that crap are in the minority, they just make more noise then the rest. You know what they say man, the voices of discontent always scream the loudest. You guys have some cool fans, we have our share of ass hat retards as well, trust me. :)

KB's FTAs are clearly unfair. This one was all ball!!!

:biglaugh:

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
The ones that cry about conspiracy and all that crap are in the minority, they just make more noise then the rest. You know what they say man, the voices of discontent always scream the loudest. You guys have some cool fans, we have our share of ass hat retards as well, trust me. :)

:biglaugh:

thats what makes the suns forum so interesting.. where the hell else would you see something like that..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05