The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From LG;

Larry Legend was interviewed on Dan Patrick's show this morning and gave Kobe a lot of props. He acknowledged Kobe as the game's best player, but he went beyond that by saying (not a direct quote) "When I think about the fact that he (Kobe) has never won an MVP award, it makes me want to give back one of mine". He also said that he'd want the ball in Kobe's hands at the end of the game.

:thumbup:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isnt it crazy that the D'Antoni/Nash/Amare/Marion-Shaq Suns will be remembered as being "the team that didnt win the title" over a nice stretch, similar to early '00 POR and SAC?
Or those Cleveland Cavs from the Jordanaire days. Or the Milwaukee Bucks from before that.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Steve Nash, for all of his "greatness", has never gotten a team to The Finals, and looks like now that he never will.

IMO, that's a damning indictment against a player who supposedly makes all of his teammates better.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't participate in those threads, but the Suns did have 3 calls against them. Two times Duncan and Parker tripped over their own feet, and the refs called a foul. Near the end of the game as well, the ref said that the turnover against Nash that went out of bounds was off of his knee, but it didn't touch it.

Three more possessions could have been 2 or 3 more free throws using Hack-A-Shack.

to be fair, Amare bear hugged someone, the ball popped out and he stole it, to which the announcers said "good defense!" Uhm, no, good foul and no-call.

So you only got jobbed on two at the end (what with the balancing out). ;)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strangely enough, the Suns find themselves in the same position they did shortly before getting Barkley. Good point guard, KJ, with a head coach, Cotton, who built a team perfect for the regular season, but not in the playoffs.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to be fair, Amare bear hugged someone, the ball popped out and he stole it, to which the announcers said "good defense!" Uhm, no, good foul and no-call.

So you only got jobbed on two at the end (what with the balancing out). ;)

True. Even I was like, OMG that was a foul.

2 possessions = 1 free throw from Shaq. Probably doesn't make a difference.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese agrees with you.

I don't. Especially because the ref signals it off his leg.

Exactly. He signaled off of his knee. It didn't touch his knee.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. He signaled off of his knee. It didn't touch his knee.

i don't care if it touched his knee or not, it touched his hands last so ultimately the call went the way it should have... turnover Nash.

Haren

Veteran
Reaction score
Do any of you find it hard for somebody to be a fan of the Lakers AND the Suns? I used to live in California and have liked the Lakers ever since then, and now that I live in Phoenix, I can't help but like the Suns because of the fact that their games are basically the only ones I get to watch out here.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Do any of you find it hard for somebody to be a fan of the Lakers AND the Suns? I used to live in California and have liked the Lakers ever since then, and now that I live in Phoenix, I can't help but like the Suns because of the fact that their games are basically the only ones I get to watch out here.

I couldn't do it. I was born in Inglewood, lived there till I was 15 and my whole family is full of Laker fans. I moved here, and started hating the Suns more then I did when I lived in California because I had to hear about them all the time. I find it impossible to root for Phoenix, I just hate them.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Truehoop;

Kobe Bryant: MVP of the Steakhouse

May 1, 2008 10:44 AM

On his website, Lamar Odom tells a funny little story about a Laker team dinner, just before the Denver series, at a high-end steakhouse.

Odom says the place can be "rather expensive," especially, you'd imagine, for a large group.

When the check came, Kobe Bryant reached out his hand for it. "As soon as he picked up the bill," says Odom, "we all started chanting 'MVP MVP MVP!'"

"I thought that was pretty funny."

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Truehoop;

Kobe Bryant: MVP of the Steakhouse

May 1, 2008 10:44 AM

On his website, Lamar Odom tells a funny little story about a Laker team dinner, just before the Denver series, at a high-end steakhouse.

Odom says the place can be "rather expensive," especially, you'd imagine, for a large group.

When the check came, Kobe Bryant reached out his hand for it. "As soon as he picked up the bill," says Odom, "we all started chanting 'MVP MVP MVP!'"

"I thought that was pretty funny."
Yeah, it prolly cost them, relatively, what it would for me to eat at the Sizzler.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
You guys see the newest user on the forum? "AnotherLakerDynastyBegins." Made one post and got banned. God I hope we don't get a bunch of the childish Laker fans over here that just come to troll.

One thing that kinda sucks about liking the Lakers is being lumped in with all the bandwagon trash that seems to rise to the surface when the Lakers are playing well. Lakers have some good fans, for sure, but man we have such a huge contingent of people I would like to throw off a bridge.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys see the newest user on the forum? "AnotherLakerDynastyBegins." Made one post and got banned. God I hope we don't get a bunch of the childish Laker fans over here that just come to troll.

One thing that kinda sucks about liking the Lakers is being lumped in with all the bandwagon trash that seems to rise to the surface when the Lakers are playing well. Lakers have some good fans, for sure, but man we have such a huge contingent of people I would like to throw off a bridge.

:stupid:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Ok, so the Rockets/Jazz Game 6 is friday. If the Rockets manage to force game 7, that game will be played on Sunday.

I can't find anything that tells me, but I assume that if the Jazz close it, then the Lakers would play the Jazz on Sunday instead?

If the Rockets win, and they play game 7 on Sunday, do we get the winner on Monday on a back to back? Or do they wait till tuesday? All ESPN says is "No Games Scheduled" for every day past Sunday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05