The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LA Times said:
It sounds like remote just turned into extremely remote.

"I doubt there's going to be a comeback this year," Andrew Bynum said Friday. "I've got to get my knee straight. At this point, I'd have to train for a good month just to be able to go out there and play."

There are no plans for the injured Lakers center to begin practicing any time soon. If the Lakers eventually advance to the NBA Finals, the earliest start date would be June 3.

Bynum has been out since Jan. 13 because of a bone bruise in his left knee and a subluxation of his left kneecap -- a brief dislocation that popped back into place.

Bynum said there was no swelling in the knee, but acknowledged it was painful.

"It's frustrating because I can do everything but what pertains to basketball -- running and jumping, defensive slides," he said.

:(

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Times

"It's frustrating because I can do everything but what pertains to basketball -- running and jumping, defensive slides," he said.
Everything but what pertains to basketball?? This is not good for a basketball player. At least he can get a job taking tickets at the door if things don't work out for him...

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Bynum isn't going to play this year. If the Lakers are going to win a title this year, they will have to do it without him.

Looks like if Utah Wins tonight, we play on Sunday. If Utah Wins, we'll host the Jazz in game one on Sunday. If Houston wins, Game 7 will be Sunday instead. No word on when Game 1 would be in that scenario, but I'm guessing Tuesday.

On another note, Celtics lose again, and the Hawks forced Game 7. The Hawks on Sunday will attempt to do us all a favor and knock off the mighty Boston Celtics in what would be the greatest upset in NBA history.

GO ROCKETS, GO HAWKS!

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note, Celtics lose again, and the Hawks forced Game 7. The Hawks on Sunday will attempt to do us all a favor and knock off the mighty Boston Celtics in what would be the greatest upset in NBA history.

GO ROCKETS, GO HAWKS!

I watched the last 5 minutes of the ATL/BOS game. Crazy stuff. :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This'll please the Kobe fans.

Kobe Bryant wins first MVP award

28 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES (AP)—

Kobe Bryant has won the NBA’s MVP award for the first time, the Los Angeles Times reported on its Web site Friday night, citing anonymous sources familiar with the outcome of voting by media members.

The newspaper reported that commissioner David Stern will be in Los Angeles next week to present the trophy to Bryant.

“We have not been told anything by the league,” Lakers spokesman John Black told The Associated Press.

Bryant, who entered the season as the league’s two-time defending scoring champion, had third in the MVP voting twice—after the 2002-03 campaign, when he averaged 30 points for the first time, and again last season, when Dallas’ Dirk Nowitzki won the award.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm absolutely loving the fact that Joe Johnson and the Hawks have forced a game 7. Anything can happen in a game 7.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Kobe Bryant wins first MVP award

28 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES (AP)—

Kobe Bryant has won the NBA’s MVP award for the first time, the Los Angeles Times reported on its Web site Friday night, citing anonymous sources familiar with the outcome of voting by media members.

The newspaper reported that commissioner David Stern will be in Los Angeles next week to present the trophy to Bryant.

“We have not been told anything by the league,” Lakers spokesman John Black told The Associated Press.

Bryant, who entered the season as the league’s two-time defending scoring champion, had third in the MVP voting twice—after the 2002-03 campaign, when he averaged 30 points for the first time, and again last season, when Dallas’ Dirk Nowitzki won the award.
I hope this is true. He deserves it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, it should please the LAKER fans. Kobe regardless, this is another Laker getting top honors in the league.

Hell, I'd have cheered if Del Harris had won COY, and I hate that chomo looking dude, but if he had earned that award, as Kobe has earned his, then I'd rejoice because it's a LAKER.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Technically Phade has about a week to go before they announce and give the trophy out. This has been reported but not confirmed.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will happen on Tuesday, most likely. Announce on Monday and tropy on Tuesday in LA.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
lol i'll stick to it even though i feel we are great friends now. :)

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
but i also have a week till they make the official announcement

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
but i also have a week till they make the official announcement
...once the trophy is in his hands.

Just curious, did you mean a self imposed ban? I thought you did from the original post. Was it also in this section only or this complete message board?

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
...once the trophy is in his hands.

Just curious, did you mean a self imposed ban? I thought you did from the original post. Was it also in this section only or this complete message board?

i meant the mods can ban me.. however at that time i was a huge lakers hater..

not anymore though.. my hate is all for one team and one team alone..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05