The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already changed my vote to "beat it, Phade" after he got gee-ish with the raping white chicks jokes.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
gotta renig on the bet sorry.. love the trash talk on this place too much..

should i care what a bunch of lakers fan on a suns forum think about me?

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I was getting goosebumps during the presentation and applauding.

Great day for Kobe and the Lakers and all their fans!

You must be registered for see images attach
Me too, it was kind of chilly here in LA today. ;)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotta renig on the bet sorry.. love the trash talk on this place too much..

should i care what a bunch of lakers fan on a suns forum think about me?
I think y'all need to get Assface involved now.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I think it's best for my overall attitude if I don't read any thread about Kobe or MVP. This board is so ridiculous, when Steve Nash wins the MVP it's a great award and no one has a complaint in the world. When Kobe finally wins it after years of being snubbed, the haters here just bitch like a bunch of pre-teens getting their period for the first time.

I'll say it here cause it's the Smack Shack. If you don't like Kobe getting the MVP, too damn bad. Blow it out your ass crybaby, there isn't anything you can do about it. The entire league agreed he deserved it, bagging on Kobe won't bring the Suns back from the dead.

There, I feel better now. :D

P.S. This isn't meant to spark debate, I'm done with that crap. Kobe is MVP, if you don't agree, you're wrong. No need to argue, you're just wrong.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As DancingBarry on LG posted:

Kobe Bryant is Legend. You may not like him, you may hate that he can drive you crazy a thousand different ways...or you may love him like a brother. Regardless of your opinion, you cannot argue that the man is legend.

You can try to argue away three rings. You can try to argue away 81. And now you can try to argue away MVP.

At some point people just need to admit that Kobe rubs them the wrong way. It will save a lot of time and effort. Admit it and be done with it.

The haters said he couldn't win MVP when his team was barely above .500. This, despite dropping strings of 50-point and 40-point games on opponents to keep an overwhelmed team afloat. Turn the tables on the haters and give Kobe a team with one of the best records in the NBA and the haters start to look for new excuses.

There will always be a reason why some people will just never be ok with Bean. Sometimes it will be grounded in reality, but most often it is nonsense. Most polarizing figure in sports, IMO.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
There will always be a reason why some people will just never be ok with Bean. Sometimes it will be grounded in reality, but most often it is nonsense. Most polarizing figure in sports, IMO.

So true. It's never going to stop, I should be used to it by now.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Back on topic though..

Big game tonight. I have to admit, I'll be nervous if we give away home court to the Jazz. They played tough the last game, and I think they really believe they can win. It won't be an easy game, but we really need it. I'll feel pretty good if we can go into Utah on Friday with a 2-0 lead.

Anyone know if they're doing anything for Kobe before the game? I know he received the MVP trophy at his press conference yesterday. Of course, even if they do, there is a game on before it that probably won't end till tip off or after, so we probably wouldn't get to see it anyway. :(

Go Lakers!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Anyone know if they're doing anything for Kobe before the game? I know he received the MVP trophy at his press conference yesterday. Of course, even if they do, there is a game on before it that probably won't end till tip off or after, so we probably wouldn't get to see it anyway. :(

Go Lakers!

The Commish is going to officially award KB the MVP trophy before the game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are honoring Kobe before the game. We probably won't see it, but maybe at halftime they'll show it. Stern will be there.

So long as the refs continue to call the fouls on drives to the rim, the Lakers should be ok. Would like to see the rebound disparity shrink though. I'd also like to see the pushes in the back start getting called.

The Jazz lead the league in fouls and free throws given...and they have NOBODY who can guard Kobe. Combine that, and he should get easy ones and put fouls on them, their bigs especially.

Winning the first two at home is very important in all series...it puts the pressure on the team going back home 0-2 to not give up the split, and effectively end the series 1-3. Teams do odd things when they get put in that scenario, and can easily grip.

The Jazz are a poor road team but a great home team. The Lakers are a very good home team and top 3 in the league on the road. Handle business in LA, get the split in Utah and move on. That's the hope, at least.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am very excited for tonight's game.

I would love if Jerry West was at halfcourt during the presentation.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Cool, I just hope we get to see some of it. You're probably right, they'll show it on Inside the NBA at half time.

As long as we can keep their front court in foul trouble, we'll be sitting pretty. Rather the refs call it tight, or let it go, either way, I just want them to be consistent. Call it the same way in the 4th that you did in the 3rd. If they do that, we'll be fine.

Lakers are the better team, no doubt in my mind.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Tracy Morgan or Andrew Bynum?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads