The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Another interesting tid bit found here..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3394891

Lakers F Trevor Ariza, who hasn't played since breaking his right foot in practice Jan. 20, was cleared Tuesday to practice with no restrictions. "The bone is not completely healed, but it's healed as much as it's going to heal," team spokesman John Black said, adding the chances of Ariza breaking the same bone again are remote. Jackson said no timetable has been set on when Ariza might play in a game. "We'll just see what he can do. Vlade's not played well in the last two games," Jackson said, referring to Vladimir Radmanovic, the Lakers' starting small forward. "[Ariza] plays that position. We'll see if Vlade can't right his game here."
Also in that article, Kobe is still sore, but sure he'll play Wednesday. Hopefully, he'll be effective, we need him. I would LOVE to see Ariza back on the floor, but I'm sure it won't happen today.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Can't wait for the start of this game today. Hope it comes down to the final seconds.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ariza won't be back until the WCF if we move past Utah.

It would have been really nice to have had him back for this series.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good win Lakes. My Machine missed a lot, but I love that he has no fear, none at all, to take shots. That is a requirement of the tri, and something missing in the last few years.

Pau was a MONSTER in the game, especially late. Glad to see all the stupid haterade about him sucking in the playoffs has died down...pure stupidity. Lamar is ballin' too. I love seeing him pumped up and he should always be wired..I love the stuff he says.

Deron Williams is a great, great player. I know that CP3 struggles against him and that Paul gets the pub, but Deron is tough as nails, smart, great vision and can do it all. That draft class for PGs was sick.

Kobe's back is bad...his lift is not there and he was only able to exert himself for 5 minute stretches or so...he took a lot of plays off in relaxed mode....hope we can get this game 6 and get him a bit of rest, and that Ariza can come in soon now that he has been cleared to play/practice to get some help on the defensive end. 10 FGA for the night...2.6 per shot points. Efficient as hell. If he played 2/3 that well in the OT, we'd be waiting on the WCF right now.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I think that game might be the most nervous I have ever been watching a game. That one was a tough win, I give props to Utah, they were right there the entire game. Every single time we looked like we were about to open it up, they came storming right back, I'm impressed.

Pau, and Lamar were monsters in this game, and Vlad really pulled it together nicely. Jordan bounced back a little which is good, Sasha was off and Luke Walton was pathetic. I have to admit, I'm a little worried about our bench, they have been so consistent all year, and lately they are so streaky. I'm really happy we held on, a loss would have been disaster for us, but I'm a little worried about how close they made it. I'm also concerned about Kobe's injury, he didn't look himself today, but he still played well and found his team mates for open shots. Our free throw shooting still needs to improve as well.

I really hope they can close out in Utah Friday, but they're going to need to play a lot better in order to do it. I don't want a game 7 with these guys, they're starting to scare me.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One last thing before I retire for the night here....

I liked the defensive plan on Boozer at the start of the game. Kobe was helping down quite often, which led to Brewer going off early. That sucked, from a scoring standpoint, but it also negated Boozer early. Keeping Boozer from going off early is key, because he's a guy who feeds off of success. Brewer got dunks and layups, but that meant that Booz wasn't involved. That kept him once again, uninvolved in the game. Give Brewer his if that is what it takes. Ideally, you'd be able to contain him too but if you have to pick a poison, that's the one to take. He isn't going to be a long term factor. They adjusted to it and Boozer never got going.

With Kobe ailing (and he said that in game 4 it was the worst pain he's ever had) having him lay off and protect from Boozer getting position down low..well, it is the best plan. The Lakes adjusted and closed the backside stuff, and ultimately Brewer did little else and Boozer did nothing, it worked. Game 6 will be different, but I'd like to see more of the same.

As long as Fish stays out of foul trouble to guard Deron we can win in Utah. Game 6 is going to be fun. We played a TERRIBLE game in game 3, and lost by 5 with a shot to win. We played an ok game in Game 4, shooting terrible from the FT line and lost in OT with Kobe playing hurt and horrid in the OT. We are working towards a win in Utah. The Jazz don't think they can win in LA...their quotes say as much. The Lakers KNOW they can win in Utah...they've done it before and came damn close twice now playing subpar games. Game 6 is the Lakers to lose, IMO.

Friday is going to be a battle and a Laker win.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Yeah, I think i'll be keeping my posts to this thread for a day or two.

I find myself getting really irritated with all the ignorant hate in the Suns forum, and one of these days I'm gonna snap in a string of expletives that's gonna get me banned.

You know they're just trying to bait us right Donald? No one could really be THAT stupid. Some of the stuff in those threads is just purely insane. :p

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I find myself getting really irritated with all the ignorant hate in the Suns forum, and one of these days I'm gonna snap in a string of expletives that's gonna get me banned.

You know they're just trying to bait us right Donald? No one could really be THAT stupid. Some of the stuff in those threads is just purely insane. :p

I think it is some of both, depending on the poster.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I think it is some of both, depending on the poster.

Right, depending on the poster.

Again, I would never lump everyone together in one group, I like 90% of the people that post here, including the Suns fans. Most of them are very classy, it's only a small number of people, a vast minority.

I should have made that more clear.

Lakers4Eva

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Yep, Suns fans are delusional homers. I've found that it's best just to let those little kids keep their conspiracy theories flowing and not try to talk logical to them.

They are the worst fans in the NBA for sure.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Yep, Suns fans are delusional homers. I've found that it's best just to let those little kids keep their conspiracy theories flowing and not try to talk logical to them.

They are the worst fans in the NBA for sure.

Naw dude, not all of them.

I don't know if you live in LA or what, I live in Phoenix and I know several Suns fans who are really good people. There are some really crappy fans, and a lot of them post here and are very vocal, but really, have you ever looked at our fan base? There are some pretty asinine Laker fans too. We have a lot of bandwagoners, and fans with no class that think they're better then everyone.

Every team has their share my friend, we're far from immune. Some of the people on this forum though (a minority) are among the worst fans in the world, no question there.

Lakers4Eva

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I live in Tucson and I haven't met a smart Suns fan yet. Yes, the Lakers have horrible fans too, but they are few and far between compare to the Suns.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I live in Tucson and I haven't met a smart Suns fan yet. Yes, the Lakers have horrible fans too, but they are few and far between compare to the Suns.

:lol:

Fair enough then. I usually just don't talk to Suns fans to be honest. I just get sick of hearing about how Stern is out to get them at every turn, it really gets old. :p

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, I don't buy that Lakers4Eva is all he's pretending to be...

/has previous poster written all over him.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
oh, I don't buy that Lakers4Eva is all he's pretending to be...

/has previous poster written all over him.

Could be.

Doesn't matter, no one is going to convince me that EVERY Suns fan is an idiot, I know better then that. That title is reserved for the Sacramento Kings. ;)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be.

Doesn't matter, no one is going to convince me that EVERY Suns fan is an idiot, I know better then that. That title is reserved for the Sacramento Kings. ;)
I think it's a Suns fan pretending to be a Lakers fan to see how much he can get away with on our "Lakers Board"

jmho. Something just doesn't ring true about him/her.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AHA! Isnt Darth always saying Suns fans find conspiracys? Now he's paying attetion to this?

So ironic.. he fed into it.. His brain is being formed..

Hold up..

Sit back..

Wait for his rant.. Its gonna happen..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's some talk going on about Newble not dressing tonight and Ariza suiting up...

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
There's some talk going on about Newble not dressing tonight and Ariza suiting up...

That would be great news for us. Obviously, Arzia would be rusty on offense, but he could really provide us some defensive help.

Game 7 between the Spurs and Hornets isn't till Monday for some asinine reason. If we can finish off Utah tonight, the Lakers get to rest till Wednesday, that would be huge for Kobe. If we lose, our Game 7 would also be Monday. I have no idea why they don't play them on the weekend.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you have me mistaken for you hot head.

That was it? "I know you are but what am I?" How disappointing.. I'll just have to wait a few hours.. After all, your the same guy that said youd be staying away from the Suns forum for a few days but instead you posted a few hours later in there making outlandish posts.. Your a 3.5 Cali earthquake about to pop off at any time.. Its only a matter of time before you effect the WA volcano and you blow everything up..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about "I'm rubber and you're glue, what ever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

That better? I would so hate to disappoint you.

Its bubbling.. You can feel it in your gut, I know you can.. You prolly went and sat on the pot but nothing happened huh?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05