The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good. It's about time.

It's just minor cleanup surgery...he'll be just fine for the start of next year. Kobe's had a couple of cleanup scopes in different offseasons.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 1 - Wed May 21 NO/SA at L.A. Lakers 6:00PM
Game 2 - Fri May 23 NO/SA at L.A. Lakers 6:00PM
Game 3 - Sun May 25 L.A. Lakers at NO/SA 5:30PM
Game 4 - Tue May 27 L.A. Lakers at NO/SA 6:00PM
Game 5 * Thu May 29 NO/SA at L.A. Lakers 6:00PM
Game 6 * Sat May 31 L.A. Lakers at NO/SA 5:30PM
Game 7 * Mon June 2 NO/SA at L.A. Lakers 6:00PM

*If Necessary

Thanks Renz. :)

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Good. It's about time.

It's just minor cleanup surgery...he'll be just fine for the start of next year. Kobe's had a couple of cleanup scopes in different offseasons.

Yeah, I can never tell from the way they put the article rather or not it was a clean up or a major procedure. I guess it doesn't matter much now, we have all accepted the fact that he won't play again this year, even in the finals. I just want to see him come back strong next year. As good as this team is now, imagine them with Bynum in the paint.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Oh, as a side note..

Cleveland losing today guarantees that if we make the finals, we'll be the road team. Both Boston and Detroit have better records then LA. :(

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
i kinda miss Kobe's afro
and
imo,
it will look good with Radmano, Pau and Sasha's homeless man look
:)

They should all get Afros.. the entire team. How much would it suck to lose to a team that all look like they got kicked out of a "Huggy Bear" audition from the 70's? :lol:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, when Sasha took that late charge in the jaw, then smacked his head on the floor I told my wife that he was probably concussed.

Turns out he was treated for freaking whiplash after that. Wicked.

There's a great quote from Luke about it saying something like "we weren't sure if he was really hurt...you know Sash, he can be dramatic."

LOL...this team has fun busting on each other.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, when Sasha took that late charge in the jaw, then smacked his head on the floor I told my wife that he was probably concussed.

Yikes. I imagine static and dropped packets in the Machine's cranial processing unit (CPU).

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

There's a great quote from Luke about it saying something like "we weren't sure if he was really hurt...you know Sash, he can be dramatic."

LOL...this team has fun busting on each other.

Damn, I hope that doesn't effect his ability to play. I saw his head hit when he went down, and I was amazed he got back up so quickly. He's also battling a pretty bad injury with one of his toes. Apparently, he gets injections so he can play, but without them, he can barely walk. Talk about a warrior!

I love the way Sasha is getting more time and trust with this team. Phil left Sasha in the game all the way through the end of the 4th in a tight game 6 in Utah, that's quite a statement. I love that line up with Kobe at the 3 and Fisher/Sasha in the back court, that's a great line up. Still gives us a lot of punch when Odom is on the bench. I am really enjoying Sasha's play in the post season, I really want it to continue.

Farmar and Walton on the other hand, need to snap out of it. Walton has been good at times, but Farmar has been a disaster in the 2nd round.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also from that same article...I'll go dig it up...it said Sasha and Kobe have had 6 am workout sessions together for a couple of years now.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Also from that same article...I'll go dig it up...it said Sasha and Kobe have had 6 am workout sessions together for a couple of years now.

Wait, there's a 6 in the morning too? :eek:

I knew about the one at night but.. wow.

Seriously tough, that's awesome! :thumbup:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
So, looks like we get the Spurs.. again.

Can't say I'm surprised. The two head and shoulders best teams going at it once more. The two best coaches in the league will battle it out for a chance to play the Celtics or Pistons for the title.

I had to laugh a little in the 4th though seeing the Hornets going constantly to Janero Pargo when they have a guy that some people think is the MVP. Don't get me wrong, CP3 is money, I think he'll probably be MVP next season after he's had more experience, but he disappeared at the end of game 7. They won't have that happen against the team with the real MVP in the WCF.

That being said, props and congratulations to the Spurs. They are a truly great team, they're a legit dynasty, and they're going to give us a hell of a fight. This will be the greatest test yet for the young Lakers. I like some of our matchups, I agree (With Charles Barkely) that we're big enough and long enough in the paint area with Odom and Gasol to take away some of Parkers drives inside. I expect Ariza to be ready to lock down on someone, and we have the best closer in the game today. I like our odds in this one.

Lakers in 6.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was living in Orlando when they first acquired Ariza. After he got there they had expectations of him becoming an Andre Iguodala kind of player. I don't know why Brian Hill decided to stop playing him (another coach that doesn't like to give PT to young guys) but I knew he'd be a pleasant surprise for Lakers fans. That was a major steal.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Lakers have far superior talent and better coaching but it will be a close series because of all the crap the Spurs pull. The Spurs are clearly at the end of their run and are playing with a sense of desperation. Pop is pulling everything he can out of his playbook (hack-a-Shaq is lame) in order to get the most out of this deteriorating bunch and it's been working so far. As much as I want to see this thread in misery and not have to put up with a bunch of gloating Lakers fans for a whole year, there isn't a team in sports I despise as much as the Spurs. I hate everything about that team, from the coach to the players to the fans.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Pop is pulling everything he can out of his playbook (hack-a-Shaq is lame) in order to get the most out of this deteriorating bunch and it's been working so far.
I doubt we'll see Hack-A-XX in this series. I don't think the Lakers have anyone who is a really horrible FT shooter, do they? I can't think of who you would do it against.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
As much as I want to see this thread in misery and not have to put up with a bunch of gloating Lakers fans for a whole year, there isn't a team in sports I despise as much as the Spurs. I hate everything about that team, from the coach to the players to the fans.

Seriously, who gloated more when the Suns lost? Us? or the Spurs fans that came over here just to rub it in?

I'll be happy if the Lakers win, but gloating and rubbing it in is lame ass. Don't sweat it, won't happen from me. I'll give some smack to the haters but that's about it. :p

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Stern must have sabotaged the plane in hopes of assuring a Lakers/Celtics Finals. :D

Spurs slept aboard grounded plane in New Orleans
By Henry Abbott
ESPN.com

The San Antonio Spurs, fresh off a Game 7 win over the New Orleans Hornets, were planning a quick getaway to Los Angeles to prepare to face the Lakers in the Western Conference finals.

Instead, they spent the night in their grounded plane in New Orleans.

League sources have confirmed a report from French radio station RMC, which quoted Spurs guard Tony Parker as saying the team learned at 2 a.m. Central Time that due to a technical problem, their plane would be stuck on the ground until 7 a.m. (8 a.m. ET).

According to the report, Parker said the Spurs could not find hotel rooms in New Orleans, leaving the team no option but to sleep on the plane.

San Antonio uses the charter company Champion Air, which has announced it is ceasing all operations at the end of May.

Henry Abbott writes the TrueHoop blog for ESPN.com.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Series odds are Lakers -290 Spurs +240. Seems skewed to me, but I guess the masses love the Lakers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05