I hate doing this, but Go Lakers.

Stupid Spurs.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
c'mon DCR.. you know you wanna join us. :)

Get yourself a Laker avatar and get behind a winner. If you need to get your fill of losing, do what I do and root for the Cardinals :p

azsouthendzoneEffFace already did. :thumbup:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
c'mon DCR.. you know you wanna join us. :)

Get yourself a Laker avatar and get behind a winner. If you need to get your fill of losing, do what I do and root for the Cardinals :p

No thanks. I hold Kobe's skill in high regard. You can keep the rest of the team.

I will cheer for the Lakers with a heavy heart. But the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Go Lakers. :barf:

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thanks. I hold Kobe's skill in high regard. You can keep the rest of the team.

I will cheer for the Lakers with a heavy heart. But the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Go Lakers. :barf:

Keep the rest of the team? I could see you starting a man-love affair with Ronny's heart, Sasha's ruthlessness or Lamar's smoothness. ;)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep the rest of the team? I could see you starting a man-love affair with Ronny's heart, Sasha's ruthlessness or Lamar's smoothness. ;)

Well, I could stomach Phil J, as we haven't had a real coach...well never. Cotton doesn't count.

Lamar is a more consistent Diaw, which isn't a bad thing. Sasha and Ronny = bleh.

Intentional pun with Ronny's heart?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LAKERS CENTER ANDREW BYNUM HAS SUCCESSFUL KNEE SURGERY
May 21, 2008

Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum underwent successful arthroscopic surgery on his left knee today in New York, it was announced today by the team.

The procedure, which took 30 minutes and was performed by Dr. David Altchek, consisted of removing some cartilage debris and smoothing some rough spots on the underside of the kneecap.

Bynum is expected to make a full recovery by the start of training camp.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080521_bynumsuccessfulsurgery.html

Good stuff! Nothing else found, just minor cleanup. Here's to healing, andrew!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Can't wait for the series to start! Either way though, I won't be too disappointed if the Lakers lose the series. They are playing with house money now.

It's astonishing to see how far this franchise has come since last October.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I can't believe that game.. wow.

Odom couldn't hit the ocean, Fisher was invisible, Turiaf looked lost in the 2nd half, Kobe had 2 points in the first half..

And the Lakers win? Are you kidding me?

I'm really not happy with how we played over all, I don't think we can count on come backs of that magnitude through the rest of this series. I think it's great that Kobe is unselfish and likes to get his team involved, but he needs to be more aggressive then that in the 1st half. If Kobe comes out aggressive and plays the 1st half like he played the 2nd, we would have won in a blow out. Still, we won, we're up 1-0, we preserved precious home court, and I'm happy. I am once again THRILLED to see Sasha on the court in the crucial closing minutes as well. Nicely done all around by the Lakers in the 2nd half. If I'm the Spurs, that's a demoralizing loss, they were dominating, they were THAT close to taking away home court, and they lost.

MVP of the Game: Pau Friggin Gasol. His numbers might not blow anyone away (19pts 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks,) but his defense in this one was great. He used his length to take penetration from Parker and Ginobli, and his 4th quarter "D" on Duncan was about as good as it gets. I friggin love Pau Gasol baby! :)

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Great game! Lakers played great defense in the 4th quarter. Those were two clutch FT's by Sasha at the end.

Amazing comeback, fueled by the MVP. One step closer.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heart Sasha. GREAT defense on Gino in this game. Wonderful game for the machine.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what's going on with Ariza? He wasn't even on the sidelines for this one. We keep dressing out Newble and Mihm, but neither of them play a single minute. I wonder where Ariza is? :(

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what's going on with Ariza? He wasn't even on the sidelines for this one. We keep dressing out Newble and Mihm, but neither of them play a single minute. I wonder where Ariza is? :(

He was there in a suit by the bench. You see him late in the game coming on the court fist clenched. He wants to play so bad. Let the man PLAY!

[yeah, i man crush him too, his perimeter defense and disruption of passing lanes is great stuff to watch...not to mention the athleticism.]

So lets see..order of D-Dogg's mancrushes:

Kobe
Sasha
Lamar (love/hate 98% love)
Pau
Ariza
Fish
Bynum
Jordan
Any other laker, past and present (except Chuckthree Crapkins)

And yes, that includes Shaq..deep down I adore him, but like a family that has a brother you send to rehab over and over but he just doesn't care about recovering, ever, and dies in an alley blowing a guy for crack...bitter disappointment

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even Smush?

Kind of like Smush. I met his family at The Garden when I was at a Lakers/Knicks game, good people.

He sucked, but that's no reason to hate the guy. I sure ain't going to be singing his praises as a non-laker, but he was what he was...a crappy little PG that played in the Golden Armor.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a good game. Kobe pwned Bruce Bowen in the second half. I loved how they kept Kobe in the whole 4th. Bowen looked wasted half way through it. To me anyway.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That game was exhausting. Down 20, the Stapler booing? I was def sweating it out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05