The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it just me or did the Lakers miss a TON of lay ups last night. Especially Luke and Odom.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and yes.

Odoms 5th foul was also a charge on Duncan.

There were a ton of other calls that went the Spurs way as well. Kobe was fouled at least 6 times that wasn't even called, and anyone that breathed in the general vicinity of Tim Duncan got whistled for a foul. The officiating was so biased for the Spurs the entire game it was ridiculous. And even with all that, they lost at home.

Lakers are clearly better, that's all there is to it. Spurs are too old to hang with LA. I respect the Spurs, I love Popavich, he's pure class, but the fact is that the Spurs simply can't compete with the younger and more athletic Lakers.
Holy moly, the whole game that was a charge until that play.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Here's the bottom line:

When Ginobili comes to play...the Spurs win no matter what the other team does. When he doesn't, they lose. Kobe's play has been great when he isn't guarded by "Edward swissorhands" and even then he is getting his. The Lakers are the better team and I will admit that but if Ginobili comes to play it really doesn't matter...they end up winning.

Yesterday's key play wasn't a foul and the Lakers' deserved to win but keep in mind Ginobili didn't really score and they had a chance to beat the Lakers in the final seconds.

They have heart but not enough to get past the Lakers.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Happy 70th birthday to "Mr. Clutch". One of the all-time greats. A Lakers legend.

:bday:

It was painful watching Horry out there. He used to be such a solid role player, and such a clutch guy. When he gets behind the 3pt line now, the Lakers don't even cover him, and he still hasn't made a single FG. That guy needs to retire like.. NOW! He' just embarrassing himself out there.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't really been following; game six is tonight? Or tomorrow?

/been quietly rooting for the Lakers.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't really been following; game six is tonight? Or tomorrow?

/been quietly rooting for the Lakers.

Game 5 is tonight in LA.

Game 6 would be Sat.

Game 7 would be Mon.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, abomb's color scheme is kind of odd. they should all just be the light, light blue that is almost invisible.

C'mon, light blue was Denver, dark was Utah and black is SA. ;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon, light blue was Denver, dark was Utah and black is SA. ;)

Ahh, so there is a method to the madness.

I applaud your creativity.

But I like the disappearing colors instead...more visually appealing. :shrug:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I don't know rather to be happy or pissed after that first half.

Lakers played like crap, played almost no defense and just looked totally out of sync. Despite that, they close on a big run and are only down 6 at the half. Spurs are going to keep fighting, the Lakers are going to need to play better if they want to close this one out.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So is Kobe gonna pretty much have to carry the team on his back or will the other guys actually step up?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerry West :notworthy

Mitch Kupchak has no voice :D

Man, those hats and shirts look nice. :cool:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
How cool was that, having Jerry West present the Western Conference Championship trophy? Man, gave me goosebumps. So glad that Mr. Clutch is back with the Lakers, where he belongs.

What a ride! Four wins away from another title. Unreal.

Hollinger was right. Lakers in 5. :D

:thewave:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Un-freaking-believable. Lakers dispatch the Spurs in 5 games.. wow.

Kobe was absolutely unstoppable in the 4th quarter, he was as good as I have ever seen him. It amazing to see Mister Clutch out there presenting the trophy to the Lakers and hear his words to Kobe, Mitch and the fans. West is pure class, and the Lakers are very honored to have him associated with the Laker franchise.

This feels good, it feels really god. It's a great feeling to get back to the finals, but it's not over yet. I hope the Lakers take a day or two to enjoy it, but then it's right back to business. The competition will really step up in the finals, Boston and Detroit are great great teams. I have nothing but faith in this team though, and honestly believe we're on our way to #15.

Congratulations to the Lakers.. 2007-08 Western Conference Champions!