The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
What's funny is.. one thing I'm really looking forward to..

Hearing the "Beat LA" chant in Boston. For some reason, I love that. We haven't really heard it in a decade or so because either the Lakers were so good the fans didn't bother, or the Lakers were so pathetic it wasn't even worth it. That chant always reminds me of how much these teams hate each other.

I really wanna beat these guys. Paul Pierce is a bitch, and Garnett is a thug.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad for the matchup. Want to be the best by beating the best - especially when it's the Celtics.

Go Lakers !!

:jedi:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's funny is.. one thing I'm really looking forward to..

Hearing the "Beat LA" chant in Boston. For some reason, I love that. We haven't really heard it in a decade or so because either the Lakers were so good the fans didn't bother, or the Lakers were so pathetic it wasn't even worth it. That chant always reminds me of how much these teams hate each other.

I really wanna beat these guys. Paul Pierce is a bitch, and Garnett is a thug.

Paul Pierced already was doing the Beat LA chant in the lockerroom. What a douchebag...LA kid gone bad.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

We can't afford to lose to these punks. I am going to be hell to be around for the next couple of weeks.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Thats just ridiculous.. You should ashamed of yourself for saying that..
I guess THUG doesn't apply to Kobe hitting his own player in the face during a plane ride home. I guess a bitch doesn't apply to Kobe crying about the GM & Bynum. I guess a bitch doesn't apply to Kobe crying to Stephen A. Smith about wanting to leave the Lakers. I guess a bitch isn't "snitching" on his own player during an interrogation about his rape case. That is a true bitch & snitch!

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garnett is gonna eat Kobe alive.. I wouldnt want this staring me in the face..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Garnett is a bitch for forcing his way out of Minnesota? And Iverson in Philly? Etc etc.

Haters, they gonna hate.

Its the way Kobe went about it.. I dont think we heard one peep outta Garnett before he was traded..

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Mixed Martial Arts. UFC, whatever.

SI recently conducted a poll and this is who was voted the opponent that players feared most:

So they fear a bitch & a snitch? ;)

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
It's so funny reading this forum these days. You have us Laker fans, and a bunch of bitter ass Suns fans that are so desperate to avoid acknowledging the greatness of the Lakers that they are jumping on the Boston Bandwagon out of desperation. It's great, it's so funny watching all these bitter little cry babies who have to start creating fictitious scenarios where Kobe is a rapist, and some how Paul Pierce and Keven Garnett are great people just because of how afraid they are of the Lakers. I love it, it makes me laugh to see how scared these people are of the Lakers.

No matter what happens in the finals, it won't change the fact that the Lakers are once again the elite in the west. Piss, moan, complain, change your poopy avatar to a Celtics Logo, throw gang signs with Paul Pierce, sacrifice a goat in a flaming pentagram, whatever you have to do to make it sting less. It's all just making this all the sweeter for Laker fans. Every time I see one of these people jump on the Celtics Bandwagon it's a great reminder of the fact that they know their team will never get it done, and they'll never be on the Lakers level.

Keep it coming guys, it's great watching you all make asses of ourselves.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's so funny reading this forum these days. You have us Laker fans, and a bunch of bitter ass Suns fans that are so desperate to avoid acknowledging the greatness of the Lakers that they are jumping on the Boston Bandwagon out of desperation. It's great, it's so funny watching all these bitter little cry babies who have to start creating fictitious scenarios where Kobe is a rapist, and some how Paul Pierce and Keven Garnett are great people just because of how afraid they are of the Lakers. I love it, it makes me laugh to see how scared these people are of the Lakers.

No matter what happens in the finals, it won't change the fact that the Lakers are once again the elite in the west. Piss, moan, complain, change your poopy avatar to a Celtics Logo, throw gang signs with Paul Pierce, sacrifice a goat in a flaming pentagram, whatever you have to do to make it sting less. It's all just making this all the sweeter for Laker fans. Every time I see one of these people jump on the Celtics Bandwagon it's a great reminder of the fact that they know their team will never get it done, and they'll never be on the Lakers level.

Keep it coming guys, it's great watching you all make asses of ourselves.

Boy, is that what you call the high road? wow lol.. Your mad, you just wont admit it..

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Boy, is that what you call the high road? wow lol.. Your mad, you just wont admit it..

That made as much sense as saying you are on a diet after eating a value pack
(super-sized) and ordering a diet coke.

Not responding to your post Gee...only confirming it. :thumbup:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Well, all the hater crap aside.. how do you guys see the matchups against Boston? Here is the way I see it..

Point Guard: Rajon Rondo vs. Derek Fisher: I think we have a good advantage here. I actually like Rondo, he's an exciting young guard, but he's offensively very inconsistent, especially in the playoffs. He's a good defender, but not great, and Fisher should be able to go through him to try and get off a shot. The Lakers win this position in depth as well, as you would have Jordan Farmar vs. Sam Cassell. Neither Cassell or Rondo can keep up with Jordan Farmar. The big problem for the Lakers here could be Farmars streaky shooting on the road. If they can manage to get a couple quick fouls on Fisher in Boston then we could have problems here. As long as Fisher can stay on the floor and out of foul trouble, the advantage is with the Lakers.

Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant vs. Ray Allen: Well, doesn't get much better here. Two great shooters going head to head in the finals. This matchup however, clearly goes to the Lakers. Kobe is the best player in the game and an All NBA first team defender. Ray Allen is a streaky jump shooter who's going to have a very hard time getting off shots over Kobe. On the other end of the floor, he has no chance of stopping Kobe late in the game. He's going to require double team help whenever Kobe decides to take over. Backup battle would pit Sasha Vujacic against Eddie House. This one isn't even worth mentioning, Lakers win this position hands down.

Small Forward: Paul Pierce vs. Lamar Odom: This one is a tough call. Pierce is a dynamic offensive player when he's being agressive, but Odom is quick and long and could create some problems for Pierce. On the defensive end though, it creates issues because having Odom stay out to guard Pierce is going to hurt us in rebounding. Also, Pierce could get Odom in foul trouble which has hurt us a lot in previous playoff games. It might be in the Lakers best interest to switch defensively and put Radmonovic on Pierce early just to see if he can buy Odom some time. That might not work however, because that would mean Odom would have to rotate to take Garnett, or Perkins, which would put Pau on Garnett. This is a close one, but I'll hesitantly give this matchup to the Celtics. I could be wrong here though, Odom is a tough matchup for anyone.

Power Forward: Kevin Garnett Vs. Vladimir Radmanovic: Vlad is going to have his work cut out for him in this one. Garnett is arguably the best PF in the game, and he's about as good as it gets in low post defense. The Lakers are going to have to roam the 3 point line with Vlad and see if Garnett is going to come out to defend him, or if they are going to switch on him defensively. The probelm for the Celtics here is that both Vlad and Pau can shoot from outside, so they can pull Garnett out of the paint and open driving lanes for Kobe and Fisher. On the offensive end, no one the Lakers have can really stop Garnett. Pau and Odom are big enough to disrupt him, but they are going to want to avoid that matchup early due to potential foul problems. Garnett is going to be the Key on the offensive end in this series, and Vlad can't stop him. The Lakers will need Vlad to find his shot early and keep Garnett focused on him defensively. As far as Depth goes you have Leon Powe vs. Ronny Turiaf, but you won't see much of Powe in this series. Turiaf is solid, but not experienced enough to compete with Garnett. Advantage: Celtics

Center: Kendrick Perkins Vs. Pau Gasol: This is where things will be tough for Boston. LA needs Pau to be aggressive and look for his shot against Perkins. Perkins is another guy who likes to stay low and has a problem with big men who can shoot. Pau has a mistmatch here, and I look for Boston to try to help on defense with Kevin Garnett. This would be advantageous for LA since Pau has a habbit of finding the open man when he's doubled. On defense, Perkins isn't anything huge to worry about. Unless he's left open under the basket, he's not going to hurt us. We can give him his 6.9 point per game average that's fine, the key is keeping Perkins off the boards. As far as backups go, I give Glenn Davis the advantage over DJ Mbenga, but I don't count on seeing either of them very often in the game. Advantage: Lakers

Final Prediction: The Celtics inconsistency in the playoffs, coupled with lack of experience does them in. The talent level is close, both teams have their "Big 3" but the Lakers big three is more consistent. The Lakers are playing better basketball then anyone right now, and are led by a hall of fame coach going for his 10th ring. The Celtics will fight hard, they are a solid team, but in the end they won't be able to stop the Lakers. Lakers will force a split in the first 2 and that will be about it for the series.

Final: Lakers win series 4-1.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final Prediction: The Celtics inconsistency in the playoffs, coupled with lack of experience does them in.

What? Besides Kobe and Fish, who else has experience on the lakers? Its not like you guys are trotting out playoff vets with your team.. What a weird statement that was...

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
What? Besides Kobe and Fish, who else has experience on the lakers? Its not like you guys are trotting out playoff vets with your team.. What a weird statement that was...

Allow me to elaborate then..

Kobe and Fisher both have finals experience, no one on the Celtics can say that. Also Phil Jackson is their coach, vs Doc Rivers for Boston. Phil better knows what to expect and how to prepare his team. Neither team overall is all that experienced in finals play, the Lakers have move experience then the Celtics though. Does that make more sense?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05