The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, what an amazing feeling. There is no quit in this team. I love every guy on that roster.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has to be close to a year to the day that KB went on Stephen A Smith's show and laid it down. I was in Louisiana glued to my Sirius.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not done yet, Lakerfans. We dispatched the beast...that's all. We have a damn tough Finals ahead, regardless of the opponent.

I LOVE this team. I told Rebecca tonight I have not been more proud of my team in decades. I love this roster, top to bottom (the trade for Ariza made that possible). I bag on Luke, but he's been nails in this playoffs. He was gimpy in the reg season but has played hard in the post.

Man, I am so damn happy right now.

Jerry West wanted to cry...dude is a bundle of nerves still. He needs to come back as a consultant or something...the guy bleeds gold.

Kobe was MVP tonight. I hope all the haters and the people who said CP3 got jobbed are choking down tears tonight. If you don't want Kobe on this team, you don't want to win. Hate him all you want, you have to respect his game...the guy is clutch, and feels the moment like nobody in the game right now.

Bring on Boston. Bring on Detroit. Bring on anyone.

Pau had a hard time this series going against Timmah...but he held his own...hurt on the offensive end but man did he board tonight. 19 rebounds? Awesome...playoff career high. Those haters saying his 0-12 playoff history would hurt us? :82: He's now 12-15, and counting. Next season he's going to for sure get that in the black. I would not be SHOCKED if he got it positive this year...surprised yes, but not shocked.

Bruce Bowen told Kobe to "bring it home" after the game (reading lips). Dispatching the Spurs in 5 was huge.

I heart Jerry West...man, that was emotional. I heart this team. Win or lose in the finals...this team is going to monster heights now and in the future.

FINALS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those WC Champs shirts are sweet, and the hats too...I love "The Finals" in script under the bill. Tight.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I'm sorry, Kyra Sedgwick, but that boy Kobe Bryant is "The Closer."

-Charles Barkley

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and late in the game there were some HORRID calls in the Spurs favor on both sides...props to the team for playing through that. At one point (we were up two I think) I banged the table and told my wife "ef it...5 on 8...bring it the ef on...let's go. We have to beat the champs right now, not the refs...the champs...SCORE." They did.

I said Lakers in 6...I'll take Lakers in 5 skipping and jumping my way to a great night's sleep!!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and late in the game there were some HORRID calls in the Spurs favor on both sides...props to the team for playing through that. At one point (we were up two I think) I banged the table and told my wife "ef it...5 on 8...bring it the ef on...let's go. We have to beat the champs right now, not the refs...the champs...SCORE." They did.

I said Lakers in 6...I'll take Lakers in 5 skipping and jumping my way to a great night's sleep!!
Imma kinda bummed the series is over. Watching Kobe abuse Bowen and rain down jumpers of fury over Timmee was sooo niiice!!

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this years laker team looks good so far. bynum seems to be progressing really nice and walton is looking even better. ugh...stupid lakers

lakers are gonna win the pacific with 55 wins :bang:

trade kobe please????

57 wins, but who's counting? ;)

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thursday, June 5 (9 p.m. ET) Lakers at Pistons or Celtics
Sunday, June 8 (9 p.m. ET) Lakers at Pistons or Celtics
Tuesday, June 10 (9 p.m. ET) Pistons or Celtics at Lakers
Thursday, June 12 (9 p.m. ET) Pistons or Celtics at Lakers
#Sunday, June 15 (9 p.m. ET) Pistons or Celtics at Lakers
#Tuesday, June 17 (9 p.m. ET) Lakers at Pistons or Celtics
#Thursday, June 19 (9 p.m. ET) Lakers at Pistons or Celtics

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

I am guessing. I wish it were Ray Allen. KB could drop 50 on him.
How in the world did Kobe hit all those shots over Duncan? I was wondering about how bad Kobe could make Shuttlesworth look.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How in the world did Kobe hit all those shots over Duncan? I was wondering about how bad Kobe could make Shuttlesworth look.

Recall KB and Shuttlesworth have great disdain for each other too.

KB over Duncan was sick. I dont know who on the Celts would contain Gasol.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Most places went off last night with the Spurs +7.5. I heard that Sasha's final basket was worth about $100 million swing. :D

It's probably not much of a surprise for gamblers to see the Lakers listed as eight-point home favorites over San Antonio for tonight's Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals.

After all, things do not look good for the Spurs, who trail, 3-1, in the best-of-seven series.

San Antonio, which suffered a 30-point defeat to the Lakers in its last appearance at Staples Center in Game 2, has lost six of eight road postseason games and needs to win three in a row over the Lakers in order to advance to the NBA Finals again.

The Spurs also have to deal with the streaking Lakers, who have not lost a home game throughout the playoffs and are coming off a two-point victory at San Antonio in Game 4.

Yet, early betting action had the Spurs getting more support than the Lakers for tonight's game.

As of Wednesday, San Antonio had received 63.38% of the picks against the point spread according to Wagerline.com, and the Spurs were the choice for 58% at theSpread.com.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
George Lopez has issues.

What is the deal with the pic of Radman morphing into Finley?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Bring it on *******! :D

Lakers vs. Celtics.. just the way it should be. This is gonna be good.

Split the first two, and then try and sweep them at home. The 2,3,2 format is lame, but it's really going to help us against Boston. Lakers aren't going to be as easy to beat as Detroit. ;)