The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, this road trip is gonna be tough.

I predict much panic in Laker land as the Suns will close the gap on us when we drop a couple on this one and they cruise through an easy stretch. However, remember they still have roadies against Detroit and Boston coming up, and Ray Allen isn't going 1-for again. So don't panic, Lakerfan, if the objects in the rearview mirror are closer than they appear, because they still have more potholes to navigate.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Machine runs on Gasoline....apparently. Sasha and Pau are tight.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/baloncesto/nba/es/desarrollo/1099889.html

Translated:
Gasol's neighbours: Maria Sharapova and Johnny Depp

Welcome to Gasolywood. The Catalonian FC has settled in Redondo Beach, a coastal area in South California where many celebrities live. Celebrities such as Depp and Fox (Jack in Lost series), or Maria Sharapova, tennis player. Anyway, Pau's favourite neightbour is his best friend in Laker's roster, the Slovenian Sasha Vujacic

By the end of legendary Beach Boys' song, 'Surfin USA', the band names Redondo Beach, one of the best beaches to practice surf and Gasol's new home. This place has appeared in many films, such as 'Jerry Maguire' (Rene Zellwegger's house), and it's also the place where other famous people look for comfort and tranquility.

Sasha is his closest mate in the locker room. They are inseparable. The big hug they shared after beating the Suns it's just an evidence. Vujacic, who is as old as Marc Gasol (Pau's little brother), met each other in several European Championships, and now is his best ally. ''He's european and it's his first time here in LA, so I'm just helping him not to feel so lost, which is an easy thing for me'', Vujacic says. ''Where to go, which are the good places to go out and live'', describes Vujacic in his host role.

Pau has become 'famous' in the team because of, as Vujacic says, ''setting new rules in the team's poker games''. Gasol has made good friends soon, in one of the most international rosters in the league (Pau, Vujacic, Radman, MBenga and Turiaf. Only the Raps counts with more foreigners, with six.

Pau, as he has quickly become an superstar, has even been pursued by terrble Hollywood tabloids. In this video you can see how he is waited as he leaves a bar. Pau, who has already experience in things like this back in Spain, replies as good as he can, but always politely.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always knew Pau was famous in Spain and all, but I didn't realize he is damn near the most famous dude in the country. He's like Brad Pitt would be here if he were the only actor alive.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always knew Pau was famous in Spain and all, but I didn't realize he is damn near the most famous dude in the country. He's like Brad Pitt would be here if he were the only actor alive.
In Spain? I am thinking some of the dude's in La Liga (football) are more. But maybe not.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Spain? I am thinking some of the dude's in La Liga (football) are more. But maybe not.

I thought as much too, but those people go gagagonzos over any Pau news. Stalk him everwhere he goes.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Maybe Pau is more popular because he isn't a polarizing figure. A guy like Raul from Real Madrid is just as famous, but if fans in Catalunya saw him crossing the road they would probably try to run him over.

Football players who play abroad are probably seen as traitors for not playing in Spain. Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas is despised by Barca fans because he left their youth team to sign in England etc.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My boss at work, who is a laker fan, even played college ball, thinks Jordan is the best ever.. Yes, including every laker, he considers Jordan the best.. And he's tipping 40 years now, so he's seen alot of players..

And yes, I give him crap everyday for being a lowlife scum sucking laker fan everyday.. :D

:suns:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Best ever was Magic Johnson in my opinion. Jordan was a better scorer, but Magic did everything else. Show me another player who could play Point Guard or Center and still be an all star.

Comparing Magic and Jordan is kind of hard though, they both did different things, they weren't the same type of player. If someone says Jordan was the best ever, I don't argue, a case could be made for a few different guys.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best ever was Magic Johnson in my opinion.

Thats the exact thing I asked him when he said Jordan was the best.. I asked.. "Every laker fan will tell me Magic was the best, you dont believe that?" Heart was his answer.. No one matches Jordans heart.. Plus in a one on one game, Magic's fastbreaks ability is taken out the equation.. Tell Jordan he couldnt do something and he would come right back and be the best at what you just said he couldnt do.. Never been a player that could do that..

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Best ever was Magic Johnson in my opinion. Jordan was a better scorer, but Magic did everything else. Show me another player who could play Point Guard or Center and still be an all star.

Comparing Magic and Jordan is kind of hard though, they both did different things, they weren't the same type of player. If someone says Jordan was the best ever, I don't argue, a case could be made for a few different guys.

both great but Magic couldve played all 5 positions and be effective. But Air Jordan was the clutch go to guy...Both the top two imho

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Man, this road trip is gonna be tough.

I predict much panic in Laker land as the Suns will close the gap on us when we drop a couple on this one and they cruise through an easy stretch. However, remember they still have roadies against Detroit and Boston coming up, and Ray Allen isn't going 1-for again. So don't panic, Lakerfan, if the objects in the rearview mirror are closer than they appear, because they still have more potholes to navigate.

Not sure why there would be panic, but I can see that. Honestly, I don't even care that much rather we finish 1st or 2nd in the pacific. Sure, I would like us to win the division, and I honestly believe we will, but considering that at the starting of the year most people thought this team would be lucky to even make the playoffs, I'll be happy.

Rather we're 1st or 2nd, we're going deep into the playoffs, no doubt.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one matches Jordans heart..

Except for Magic.

Plus in a one on one game, Magic's fastbreaks ability is taken out the equation..

If we are talking one on one, then I'd say Jordan too, but not by a large margin. But I thought we were talking about the best player ever, which would be Magic who could do anything and everything he wanted on the court in a team game. If the real MJ hadn't gotten all HIV'd up, Jordan wouldn't be holding as many rings.

Tell Jordan he couldnt do something and he would come right back and be the best at what you just said he couldnt do.. Never been a player that could do that..

Did you forget about Wilt? One year he was pissed because people said all he could do was shoot, so he led the league in assists that season.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why there would be panic, but I can see that.

Fans panic over anything.

I would have loved to see message boards back in the days of Showtime...people would have been the same mindless buffoons then as well.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the real MJ hadn't gotten all HIV'd up.

How in the hell is Magic considered MJ? The dude already has the nickname "Magic".. Now he has the name MJ too? Ridiculous.. You are the first person I ever heard refer to Magic as MJ.. Your just pulling crap out your ass now..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, THAT is what you pick a bone with. Well, I guess when you can't debate other things you whine about initials.

BTW, Jordan already has the nickname "Air." And Mike Jurecki also has the nickname MJ. So does Mary Jane in the Spiderman movies. And anyone else whose first name starts with an M and last name starts with a J.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, THAT is what you pick a bone with. Well, I guess when you can't debate other things you whine about initials.

BTW, Jordan already has the nickname "Air." And Mike Jurecki also has the nickname MJ. So does Mary Jane in the Spiderman movies. And anyone else whose first name starts with an M and last name starts with a J.

I would have entertained the other things you said but they are ridiculous and have been proven wrong time and time again so I gues the question is.. Why should I talk about them anymore.. I just came in this thread because I was so happy to finally find a lakers fan that can see the truth and admit it without any fear of what other laker fans think about him..

As far as Mike Air Jordan.. No one goes around calling him Air.. Seriously, when was the last time you heard him refered to as Air? I had totally forgetten about that till you just mentioned it.. But in contrast you prolly hear him called MJ on the regular.. Any time you hear MJ you automatically think Jordan, no one else, just Jordan.. And every goes around calling Magic Magic, you dont hear people calling him Irvin.. And you dont hear anyone saying MJ in Magic's presense unless Jordan is in the room..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have entertained the other things you said but they are ridiculous and have been proven wrong time and time again so I gues the question is..

Yeah, Wilt leading the league in assists WAS ridiculous. But it was proven right because, you know...it actually happened. The other things have never been proven wrong because, well, you know...it is impossible to know because they are conjecture.

Why should I talk about them anymore.. I just came in this thread because I was so happy to finally find a lakers fan that can see the truth and admit it without any fear of what other laker fans think about him..

Truth is subjective.

As far as Mike Air Jordan.. No one goes around calling him Air.. Seriously, when was the last time you heard him refered to as Air? I had totally forgetten about that till you just mentioned it.. But in contrast you prolly hear him called MJ on the regular.. Any time you hear MJ you automatically think Jordan, no one else, just Jordan.. And every goes around calling Magic Magic, you dont hear people calling him Irvin.. And you dont hear anyone saying MJ in Magic's presense unless Jordan is in the room..

Man, I didn't know you were such a Jordan nuthugger...cripes man. Ride that jock, Gee...ride it! Getting torn out of shape because of initials? How does Mr. Jordan take his morning coffee? Does he snore? Does he allow you to make eye contact, or must you just do his bidding and leave post haste? My goodness, Gee, I've never, EVER seen a non-Chicago Bull fan get so twisted in the ****** over his freaking nickname. I mean, I think Oscar Robertson might be the greatest of all time, really, but I'm not going to go throw a picket party outside of Big O tires for sullying his good name.

Man. That is wild.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I didn't know you were such a Jordan nuthugger...cripes man. Ride that jock, Gee...ride it! Getting torn out of shape because of initials? How does Mr. Jordan take his morning coffee? Does he snore? Does he allow you to make eye contact, or must you just do his bidding and leave post haste? My goodness, Gee, I've never, EVER seen a non-Chicago Bull fan get so twisted in the ****** over his freaking nickname. I mean, I think Oscar Robertson might be the greatest of all time, really, but I'm not going to go throw a picket party outside of Big O tires for sullying his good name.

:biglaugh:

Ive never seen someone get so bent outta shape for presuming someone got bent outta shape..

:biglaugh:

I need a beer..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05