The 2023-24 league year

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He's been bad. Monti makes the right call again.
Disagree. I would rather watch Murphy on that contract vs Marco Wilson and sitting on whatever the dollar amount difference is at this point. I don't believe Murphy would impact any "tanking", I don't believe his contract is detrimental at all to what we seem to be doing, and I don't care about saving Bidwill money.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Disagree. I would rather watch Murphy on that contract vs Marco Wilson and sitting on whatever the dollar amount difference is at this point. I don't believe Murphy would impact any "tanking", I don't believe his contract is detrimental at all to what we seem to be doing, and I don't care about saving Bidwill money.
You have to understand that Jonathan Ledbetter not playing but only making $870k is actually better for the Arizona Cardinals than Zach Allen playing 82% of his team's snaps but making $15 million per year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I don't get this.

They are statistically the same. 4th and 5th worst respectively. One costs $1.1m and the other $8.75m. Why?

Marco would still start anyway. It's Murphy vs Clark and I'd rather have Clark.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't get this.

They are statistically the same. 4th and 5th worst respectively. One costs $1.1m and the other $8.75m. Why?

Things both players have in common: draw the opponent's toughest matchup, average-ish pass rushes.

Where both players differ: Byron Murphy has faced down Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert, and Jalen Hurts. Marco Wilson has squared off with the immortal Sam Howell, Danny Dimes, and one-legged Joe Burrow. These are not the same.

Anyone who truly thinks that Marco Wilson and Byron Murphy are the same quality of player need to look up from the stat sheet/log off from PFF. CB metrics are exceedingly fake and non-predictive. Byron isn't Sauce Gardner, but you don't have to squint very hard to visualize him as the starting corner for a playoff team.

Hint: He's already been one

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Things both players have in common: draw the opponent's toughest matchup, average-ish pass rushes.

Where both players differ: Byron Murphy has faced down Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert, and Jalen Hurts. Marco Wilson has squared off with the immortal Sam Howell, Danny Dimes, and one-legged Joe Burrow. These are not the same.

Anyone who truly thinks that Marco Wilson and Byron Murphy are the same quality of player need to look up from the stat sheet/log off from PFF. CB metrics are exceedingly fake and non-predictive. Byron isn't Sauce Gardner, but you don't have to squint very hard to visualize him as the starting corner for a playoff team.

All of this. I don't believe Marco Wilson would start over Byron Murphy at all.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Really happy for my fellow Sun Devils Brandon Aiyuk who had a really rough rookie season. Too bad he plays for the winners, but they might have to make a choice sooner than later which one of him and Samuel they are going to keep. With how he has played out this season, I don't think Aiyuk will settle with anything less than 25m.

Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Zach Allen vs the Cards starting D-line

Cards (Strong+Fotu+Ledbetter)
35 tackles / 3 sacks / 3 TFL / 0 FF / 2 QB hits

Allen
23 tackles / 1.5 sacks / 4 TFL / 1 FF / 8 QB hits

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Man if only CBs matched up against QBs and not WRs, you'd be right.

Tito Paul played a lot of snaps for a Broncos Super Bowl team, so freaking crown his ass. What a dumb argument.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't get this.

Nah man they don't want to admit they were wrong. I liked Murphy but he was never a have to resign. He'd literally make no difference for this squad because he's not a difference maker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky