The Big Summer of 2012

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I agree, but we are all working off what management has recited for the past year. I'm just trying to figure ways that we can build for the future while retaining him.

Nash won't stay FA's are not going to come to a team with this little future right now unless they are underachievers that are trying to find a position to prove something.

The only way is to overpay.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Good plan.

1. Draft Lillard when we have the rights to nearly the same player in Aaron Brooks.

2. Max Batum - roflamo, max a player that is no better than Jared Dudley, genius

3. Max Gordon - also great max a below allstar shooting guard that misses 25 games per season.

4. Why would Utah trade Millsap for Frye essentially.

5. How do you plan to sign Nash, Brown, Amundson who is not even a center and Pryzbilla after maxing Gordon and Batum.

6. Amnesty Josh Childress to pay him like 30 M$ for nothing for the next years?

Sorry none of this will happen, thankfully.

I don't agree with you very often, but I definitely do agree with you on this post. Sunsfan88 comes up with the most ridiculous "plans".

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I expect Warrick to be amnestied if at all.

It is more likely we won't spend more money than we have to after realizing that we can't get the bigger fish for reasonable money so we need to keep players on the roster to reach the salary floor.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched Williams a lot this year, and I've come to the conclusion that he is really not that great. He might be the most overrated player in the league.

I've thought that so many times during his pro and college career and just when I reach the point that I'm willing to stand firm on this statement, he starts playing like the best point guard in the game. I've finally decided that the guy is capable of being a GREAT player but all too frequently settles for much less.

Steve

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I've thought that so many times during his pro and college career and just when I reach the point that I'm willing to stand firm on this statement, he starts playing like the best point guard in the game. I've finally decided that the guy is capable of being a GREAT player but all too frequently settles for much less.

Steve

Yeah, I've been thinking it for a while, but it wasn't until the last batch of four games I watched that I got to the point where I was willing to say it. I hope we don't sign him.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dont worry, Suns wont even have a chance to sign him.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good plan.

1. Draft Lillard when we have the rights to nearly the same player in Aaron Brooks.

2. Max Batum - roflamo, max a player that is no better than Jared Dudley, genius

3. Max Gordon - also great max a below allstar shooting guard that misses 25 games per season.

4. Why would Utah trade Millsap for Frye essentially.

5. How do you plan to sign Nash, Brown, Amundson who is not even a center and Pryzbilla after maxing Gordon and Batum.

6. Amnesty Josh Childress to pay him like 30 M$ for nothing for the next years?

Sorry none of this will happen, thankfully.
Yea we "have the rights" to Brooks. Chances are a PG like Brooks will get a very nice contract from another team and Suns would be stupid to match a big deal for him when they already saw that he isn't worth big $$.

And I hope you are kidding about Batum being the same as Dudley. Go say that on a Blazers forum and give them your home address as well and let me know if you are still alive the next day. But your right Batum isn't max worthy but he deserves 5 yr $55 mil or 4 yr $42 mil similar to what Gallinari got from Denver. But Batum is proabably a pipe dream, I don't see the Blazers not matching ANY offer for him.

Gordon is super young. Yea he has had injury trouble in the past but so do a lot of players in their career. As a matter of fact Dwayne Wade has only played 15 or so more games than Gordon has in his first 3 years. Bynum used to be injury prone too but people still see him as a future superstar player. Same for Eric Gordon. He averaged 22 pts in a season in just his 3rd year in the league. He's only 23 he's only going to improve.

Plus I'm confident our med staff and training staff will cure all his injury problems :D

And yea I got carried away with the Frye for Millsap thing.

I think Nash will be fine with taking a discount if it means improving the team. He wants to win and if taking less money is what it takes to win with his OWN team the Suns, then I think he'll do it. And fine Lou played center for us in 09 when Frye was the PF....

And do you know what "amnesty" is? Go look it up. A lot of teams have already done it. I guess they don't mind paying $$$ but clearing cap space for other players at the same time. Childress isn't even close to being worth his ridiculous contract so we can use that money elsewhere to improve the team.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any of you still on board for trying to pick up KG and Ray Allen this offseason to team up with Nash and Hill?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any of you still on board for trying to pick up KG and Ray Allen this offseason to team up with Nash and Hill?

Does anyone honestly think KG will be available? The Celtics will offer him a 1 or 2 year deal and he will take it.

Now, I would fully expect Ray Allen's corpse to be on the market... and judging by recent history we will probably go after him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone honestly think KG will be available? The Celtics will offer him a 1 or 2 year deal and he will take it.

Now, I would fully expect Ray Allen's corpse to be on the market... and judging by recent history we will probably go after him.

sixers could be great with KG. their lack of a good center killed them.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KG has been a much better player this season than Ray Allen but I wonder which player has been more effective the past 3 seasons. I'm not a Boston fan but when I've watched them over this time span, Garnett has clearly been the weaker link until this year. Personally, I wouldn't want either of them but that's just me. I have no interest in adding to our geriatric core.

Steve

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Steve Nash bolts, Phoenix Suns may make a push for Deron Williams

I found this on Hoopshype via New York Daily News.

The Suns have started planning for life after Steve Nash if their two-time MVP opts to come to New York or heads to Toronto when he becomes a free agent on July 1.
Brooklyn fans — it’s strange to write that — won’t like it, but the Suns are going to go all out for Deron Williams.
The Suns’ first choice is to bring Nash back and have the greatest player in franchise history play his final game in Phoenix. They’re hopeful that a two-year, $20 million deal does the trick, and if they add a third season that would probably cinch it since it would take Nash through his 41st birthday.
But there has been enough buzz about Nash leaving the Suns, after he played his eighth season in Phoenix, that Phoenix has come up with a contingency plan for his exit. Going into this weekend, the Suns view the Knicks, Raptors and even the Nets as their biggest competitors for Nash’s services. They are operating under the assumption that Nash will not go to a contender, although he has interest in Miami, where he would have to accept a lot less money than he will get to stay in Phoenix.
“If they lose Steve, then they plan to go after Deron, hard,” said a person with knowledge of the Suns’ plans. “They know he loves golf and they’re going to try to sell him on going out there.”
Meanwhile, the Mavericks remains the team the Nets have to fear more than any other when it comes to losing Williams. He’s been at the top of their free-agent wish list since before they won the title last June and owner Mark Cuban will “pull out all stops” to bring Williams home, according to a team source.

The only way Williams comes here is if he knows he can get Howard to sign the following summer or that Howard could force a trade to us before that. Our only trade bait would be Gortat, Morris, Dudley, and picks. The Magic will have better options, but Howard will essentially have veto power by threatening not sign with his new team. Okay, I'll stop dreaming now.

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
“If they lose Steve, then they plan to go after Deron, hard,” said a person with knowledge of the Suns’ plans. “They know he loves golf and they’re going to try to sell him on going out there.”

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. The Suns contingency plan is to go after the biggest FA on the market? And their selling point is golf?

I wish I could write this off as pure nonsense from someone talking completely out their ass, but I honestly wouldn't put it past the Suns brass to think like this.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Every time I read anything on the Suns board lately I feel nothing but shame.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we sign D Williams, all we be forgiven... We have about as good of chance of signing Williams as we did at winning the lottery, in other words about .7%.. He would stay in Jersey before he goes to the Suns and their lack of a future or current talent..

D Williams is not going to consider the Suns a viable option.. Its nice that they are going to try though..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. The Suns contingency plan is to go after the biggest FA on the market? And their selling point is golf?

I wish I could write this off as pure nonsense from someone talking completely out their ass, but I honestly wouldn't put it past the Suns brass to think like this.

I read this article and then dismissed it considering the source. However, you are right, I wouldn't put it past the Suns to think like this.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So... depressing...

Jerry Colangelo... oh how I miss you.

cly2tw

Reaction score
When was the last time a contender is build mainly via FA signings? Shaq to Lakers? This recent Heat team is the result of player collusion and may break up before it wins a title. The biggest FA signing have not yielded much as in Lewis, TMac, Penny, Grant Hill, McDyess, Googs, KMart, and likely Amare... Orlando has been particularly badly hit with Hill and Lewis signings crippling their cap situation.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think its hilarious that the Suns selling point to Deron is that he loves golf...

"Well Deron you like to golf so we really think Phoenix will be a great place for you to play basketball for the next 5-6 years."

Do we have the DUMBEST FO in the history of the NBA? No seriously, I think the Cavs owner before Gilbert who was stupid is actually better than Sarver and Babby.

Can Deron Williams not play golf in LA while playing for a contender? And even if he wants to come to Phoenix to play golf, can't he come during the off season since he won't have much time during the season anyway?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think its hilarious that the Suns selling point to Deron is that he loves golf...

"Well Deron you like to golf so we really think Phoenix will be a great place for you to play basketball for the next 5-6 years."

Do we have the DUMBEST FO in the history of the NBA? No seriously, I think the Cavs owner before Gilbert who was stupid is actually better than Sarver and Babby.

Can Deron Williams not play golf in LA while playing for a contender? And even if he wants to come to Phoenix to play golf, can't he come during the off season since he won't have much time during the season anyway?

Nah, there are dumber ones out there. The Knicks take the cake. Also deserving consideration are the Nets, Warriors, Bobcats and the Pistons (what happened to Joe Dumars? He went from executive of the year to signing Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva for 85 million). I'd put all those teams ahead of the Suns in terms of stupidity. Maybe you can debate Detroit because they had some former glory but the rest are comic.

Now, we could surpass those clubs in stupidity if we go for a quick fix this offseason and drop 150 million in contracts to build around a 39 year old... but hopefully they are not that stupid.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score

Why wouldn't DWill go to Orlando, team up with Dwight, have a better team, and pay no state income tax? The Suns front office is a absolute joke - they're the laughing stock of the NBA.

Sarver sucks ass

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake