The Kyler Murray is mediocre thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler is a coach killer in the NFL
I agree from the perspective that what makes him special as a player is overrated IMO. And it is a bit of a coaching conundrum. You probably need to run him 8-10 times per game to maximize what makes him special. However, he is also physically small for the NFL which makes you look stupid if you run him that much and he gets injured. IMO, that is just the risk you have to take if Kyler is your QB and you want to get the most out of him.

I don't believe many coaches would go that route which minimizes his talent and why he can be considered a "coach killer".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree from the perspective that what makes him special as a player is overrated IMO. And it is a bit of a coaching conundrum. You probably need to run him 8-10 times per game to maximize what makes him special. However, he is also physically small for the NFL which makes you look stupid if you run him that much and he gets injured. IMO, that is just the risk you have to take if Kyler is your QB and you want to get the most out of him.

You just summed up what I’ve been thinking about Kyler since he stopped being a major running asset like he was his first two years in the league where he rushed for over 1300 yards.

Since then, he’s rushed for around 440 yards per season. That’s just not special enough output if he’s also going to put up mediocre passing stats.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

I don't believe many coaches would go that route which minimizes his talent and why he can be considered a "coach killer".
It's true and the big issue with every QB that relies on running to be successful. Either you have to be ridiculously tough and lucky with injuries, or that QB is marginalized.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's true and the big issue with every QB that relies on running to be successful. Either you have to be ridiculously tough and lucky with injuries, or that QB is marginalized.
Agree that if you have a QB like Lamar, Fields, Hurts, Richardson, Kyler, and Josh Allen it's just a risk you have to take.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new thread is stickied at the top of the forum.

Please express your love or criticism there or in game day related threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22