The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Amazon Prime)

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Can we stop the arguing here for a second to agree that this needs to happen the next Matrix movie? ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Man… I have to vehemently disagree. Every bit of the money is on screen. You’re living in a past where the die hard fanboys freaked out over a picture and tweet that made y’all go nuts about how cheap jt looked, then could never admit you were wrong once the show actually hit screens.

Well… that’s because it’s NOT the Peter Jackson world. And holding a TV show to the standard of an Academy Award Nominated and Winning film is ludicrous.

This is its own thing and its own interpretation of a massive story. You either gotta get over the fact that it’s not Peter Jackson’s LOTR or stop watching.
Or..maybe because it's 3000 years earlier.
Compare our own world in 1824 to today... only 200 years but it's a completely different world.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone watched S2, Episode 1 yet? It's on my list for the upcoming weekend. I honestly had a little bit of trouble getting into this last season, but I'll give it another try.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone watched S2, Episode 1 yet? It's on my list for the upcoming weekend. I honestly had a little bit of trouble getting into this last season, but I'll give it another try.

Not yet but I plan on watching this weekend. I personally liked the first season. It had some odd scenes like the slow-motion horse riding but other than some odd stuff like that I enjoyed it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Very much enjoyed it. This is sooo much better than WoT.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW. Just watched S2E1. Every drop of budget is on the screen. How the hell can Amazon prime keep this up?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way I was disappointed to find out Nazanin Boniadi quit the show.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah ive been meaning to ask her about it, but she did speak on it on social media. She's heavily involved in charity (big on the rights of women in Iran) and I imagine the grueling schedule didn't help, but yeah, I was surprised too.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that - I liked her. I was also surprised to see that the character of Adar was recast, although the new actor, Sam Hazeldine, seems like a worthy replacement. I liked the first episode and will watch a couple more soon.