The NFL Should Make an Example out of Joe Horn

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought it would have been better if they had pulled it off during a game against the 49ers and Horn could have asked T Owens if he could borrow his pen to write down a phone #.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Re: The NFL Should Make an Example out of Joe Horn

Originally posted by CardinalChris
The baseball thing is interesting. Watch for a couple of seconds, but I hate guys who talk as they run down the line, taunt, etc.

You have to give Bonds some slack. That guy gets crap pitches, thrown at, you name it. 200 walks a season. And you never see him get upset at the pitchers walking him or pitching so far inside it is scary. That guy has more patience and tolerance than I could ever muster. I've even heard Bobby Valentine say Bonds walks TOO much (somehow getting on base is bad).

If I could hit it like that, I'd watch for a second or two also.

As for Horn.... He's always had a huge head on his shoulders. The guy drops more passes than there are numbers on his cell phone. He's a trash talker and above average receiver who thinks much more highly of himself than anybody else. I'll put up with the great one's (Bonds, Pujols, Owens, etc) because they back it up.

Gonna talk it, back it up and take your fine like a man. The next point is when he did it, NY was still in the game and it cost them 15 yards. This is why NO never quite makes it. Too many "me" players on the team.

If the umps had guts enough to stop giving Mr Armor-All Bonds a strike zone the size of a postage stamp and warn anyone who tries to even throw close to the jerkwad maybe BB would come back to reality.

PopToosweet

The Birdman
Reaction score
THAT'S TIGHT

Hey I think the NFL is over doing it...Let that man do whatever celebration that he wants....Personally, I thought the phone call was tight, it topped TO's signing the ball, the NFL is just getting stupid with the rules. He even had the phone hid in the fieldgoal post, that's confidence in knowing. That man knew was going to score.......I give it 5 stars.....:D

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Re: THAT'S TIGHT

Originally posted by PopToosweet
Hey I think the NFL is over doing it...Let that man do whatever celebration that he wants....Personally, I thought the phone call was tight, it topped TO's signing the ball, the NFL is just getting stupid with the rules. He even had the phone hid in the fieldgoal post, that's confidence in knowing. That man knew was going to score.......I give it 5 stars.....:D

Well actually, he did it on the second TD he scored. He also didn't have to do it at all if he didn't score. We'll probably never know how many weeks the phone has been there and he didn't score!

The latest report is he'll be hit with a $30K fine. The NFL was even considering suspension. AMEN to that. It was sophmoric and childish and has no place in a Professional sport. I guess he can always get a job with Vince McMahon and the WWE after his playing days are over if he wants to act this way.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05