The Office: Season 3

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dwight is totally coming back. Ten bucks he goes to work for Staples for like a week then comes crawling back.

I heart Dwight Schrute.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dwight is totally coming back. Ten bucks he goes to work for Staples for like a week then comes crawling back.

I heart Dwight Schrute.
He won't crawl back; he'll come back triumphant because the other guy will somehow reveal himself to Michael as a bootlicker.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He won't crawl back; he'll come back triumphant because the other guy will somehow reveal himself to Michael as a bootlicker.

Yes, that sounds better. Not quite sure why I said crawl, as I really didnt mean it like that. In the end, the truth will come out and Dwight will be cleared from all this.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well I must admit. I brought myself to watch an entire episode last week...and I liked it. It was funny. Different...but decently funny. Still wouldn't put it my faves, but who knows...perhaps it will wear on me. I'll give it a few more tries. :)

p.s. Is it a little too "real" for some people though. I don't have an "office" job so maybe that's why I have a hard time relating. Perhaps I'm sterotyping, but is the humor in the show directly related to people's experiences within their own work life? Wondering...

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Well I must admit. I brought myself to watch an entire episode last week...and I liked it. It was funny. Different...but decently funny. Still wouldn't put it my faves, but who knows...perhaps it will wear on me. I'll give it a few more tries. :)

p.s. Is it a little too "real" for some people though. I don't have an "office" job so maybe that's why I have a hard time relating. Perhaps I'm sterotyping, but is the humor in the show directly related to people's experiences within their own work life? Wondering...

the only way to really understand it is to watch all the episodes all the way from season 1

without it most of the jokes dont make much sense and you dont know the characters

(it didnt seem that funny, until i went back and started from the beggining)

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen Stanley as excited as he was in this episode. The only other times he appeared to enjoy his job was...

1. Pretzel Day
2. When he thought the branch was closing.

Pretzel day was awesome.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly started his network's portion of the TCA press tour by announcing full-season renewals for four shows: My Name Is Earl, Heroes, Law & Order: SVU, and The Office.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a great episode.

"I think we broke his brain!"

"Andy is like Marv Something."

Jim: "Wanna help me pull a prank on Andy?"
Ryan: "Maybe you should ask me 10 years ago"
Jim: "I liked you better as the temp."
Ryan: "Me too."

"Have you heard of...paper?"

Best line:

"Did you have fun on your gaycation? I thought of that like, two seconds after you left."

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best line:

"Did you have fun on your gaycation? I thought of that like, two seconds after you left."

favorite line of the night - hilarious.

andy putting his hand through the wall was pretty funny too.

"It takes a big man to admit they made a mistake. I'm that big man." - lol

shawn

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"I think we broke his brain!"

"Andy is like Marv Something."

Jim: "Wanna help me pull a prank on Andy?"
Ryan: "Maybe you should ask me 10 years ago"
Jim: "I liked you better as the temp."
Ryan: "Me too."

"Have you heard of...paper?"

Best line:

:biglaugh:

Angela asking Oscar to the party planning committee was hilarious, and then Kevin asking, and she's like "Never."

So great.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed it last night :(

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy how in every episode I watch there is at least extra long camera shot on someone who is sad because the person he/she likes is or might be with someone else. Pause. Not.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy: "Heeeey Large Tuna, have you seen my cellular phone device?"
Jim: "Maybe it's in the ceiling."
Andy: "Maybe you're in the ceiling."

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Office is one of the best comedies ever, seriously. I was thinking that last night's episode was one of my favorites, then tried to think about my favorites and there are several great episodes. This show has seriously improved year by year, and show by show.

I think I might look at the ep guide and try and pick my top five episodes; I think it will be extremely difficult.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Office is one of the best comedies ever, seriously. I was thinking that last night's episode was one of my favorites, then tried to think about my favorites and there are several great episodes. This show has seriously improved year by year, and show by show.

I can see that for sure. I refuse to watch en episode more than once because I know in a few years when I rewatch the series on DVD, I will have forgotten a lot of things and enjoy it all again.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite bit was Dwight at Staples telling the old woman "I will literally be standing right here behind you if you need anything."

It was hilarious because we've all been in that position where you just want to look and the sales person is lurking but Dwight was so over the top it was
hysterical.

Loved his interview sequences too.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I loved how Dwight had password protected his clients data with names of mythical creatures..... LOL

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I can see that for sure. I refuse to watch en episode more than once because I know in a few years when I rewatch the series on DVD, I will have forgotten a lot of things and enjoy it all again.

Really?? I have every episode from this season on my Tivo and I've probably seen the "Call of Duty" episode 5 times and I still laugh every time. It never gets old. :thumbup:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05