The official HOF Cards vs. Saints thread...

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
dude... a pick on any Cardinals receiver is a wasted pick with these two QBs... even Fitz to a certain extent.

Cheesebeef seriously, no disrespect but litterally every post ive seen from you on here and the suns board is dooms day negative. I have probably read 40+ posts from you and all are negative. I just dont understand why you get on these boards? Just to bash local sports teams?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One more note about Kolb. It will be interesting to see the reaction he gets if he plays again (at home) during the preseason. Its going to be really awkward if he plays like he did today in Glendale.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5% points is much more accurate?

Again it's not just the balls that are incomplete, even the ones that are caught are often not accurate. The best thing about accurate passers is they give the guy room to run after the catch, Skelton doesn't. He also has the terrible habit of missing high, why he has so many INT's.

But it doesn't matter because as of today he's the starting QB so I have to hope he gets better. He settled inthere in the first half. We have some talent on offense if he can not turn the ball over and make the offense better that's all we can ask.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One more note about Kolb. It will be interesting to see the reaction he gets if he plays again (at home) during the preseason. Its going to be really awkward if he plays like he did today in Glendale.

Whiz has a tough job picking between these two, especially after tonight. I don't think Kolb can play this poorly again, I don't see how anyone can play any worse.

Thing is, if Kolb is out for any length of time, even a week, this QB controversy is over. It may be over already.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Again it's not just the balls that are incomplete, even the ones that are caught are often not accurate. The best thing about accurate passers is they give the guy room to run after the catch, Skelton doesn't. He also has the terrible habit of missing high, why he has so many INT's.

But it doesn't matter because as of today he's the starting QB so I have to hope he gets better. He settled inthere in the first half. We have some talent on offense if he can not turn the ball over and make the offense better that's all we can ask.

Agree with you about his accuracy. He also has no ability to "throw guys open". But even though I wanted Kolb, there's no doubt Skelton looked alot better tonight.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we cut Kolb, what impact does it have on our cap? All cash we already paid considered, just gotta eat it, can we still save money if we drop him come cuts?

If his injury is serious (broken rib, etc) and will miss significant time, we should absolutely cut him.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Oh gosh thats a scary thought. I didnt think about that. I think its wrong to boo him as its not his fault they expect more from him. Fans were booing him when i was up in Flag last week.

If he does that again in Glendale he will get Booed all the way to the locker room, sad to say...

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

He showed absolutely zip. Still will not command a pocket.

OL was shaky, but just get rid of it for Pete's sake. There are check downs in place.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kolb is more accurate to the other team, yes.

Again Skelton's INT% is almost twice Kolb's for their careers. Kolb looked horrible tonight but career wise he's much better at not throwing picks.

SKelton settled down and played well and that's really all we can ask, we can't ask him to win games, just not lose them. He did that well enough last year if he can get better we still can win some games.

But my belief is we'll be looking for a new QB next year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have confidence in Skelton starting at QB although some others may not. However, I do worry about the Cardinals backup QB situation. I don't think it's smart to factor Kolb into the equation. IMO, Bartel is not it either and Lindley is only a rookie. Anyone out there available?

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Cheesebeef seriously, no disrespect but litterally every post ive seen from you on here and the suns board is dooms day negative. I have probably read 40+ posts from you and all are negative. I just dont understand why you get on these boards? Just to bash local sports teams?

One thing you can say about Cheese...he calls it like he sees it. Pure and simple. I happen to agree with him right now......wait for half a season....that will change:)

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we cut Kolb, what impact does it have on our cap? All cash we already paid considered, just gotta eat it, can we still save money if we drop him come cuts?

If his injury is serious (broken rib, etc) and will miss significant time, we should absolutely cut him.

Agreed but i think his count towards the cap is minimal since they just paid him his bonus. Hell be here for the year no matter what i think

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Seriously, even for the Kolb haters (or realists, if you prefer that term), aren't you even a little surprised at such a putrid performance?

I'm absolutely shocked.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I have confidence in Skelton starting at QB although some others may not. However, I do worry about the Cardinals backup QB situation. I don't think it's smart to factor Kolb into the equation. IMO, Bartel is not it either and Lindley is only a rookie. Anyone out there available?

It may be awhile before some cuts are made that could give us any help. I'm not optimistic. I think we Probably have the highest paid b/u in the NFL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jesus... what are you talking about? Just in this thread alone I've praised Bradley (who I destroyed last year) and said Skelton deserves to be the QB and the O-line played better when he came in.

and i said repeatedly in this thread that even though we looked like crap at the beginning of the game, I love that we actually get to watch football.

With the Suns... they're a joke. So I bash them, when I think they're a joke. But even in THAT forum, I give them props for the Lopez move which I thought was a steal and I liked the Dragic deal which I said as well.

save me the above and stop painting with a wide brush. How about you just TALK SPORTS and stop talking about me hating out teams and "posting negative things LITERALLY every post".

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, even for the Kolb haters (or realists, if you prefer that term), aren't you even a little surprised at such a putrid performance?

I'm absolutely shocked.

He is still learning the playbook and getting experience with the offense. :rolleyes:

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I'm absolutely shocked.

The injury is putrid (although you cant fault a guy for getting hurt)

The pick was awful, but besides that, we really didnt get a good look at him.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
jesus... what are you talking about? Just in this thread alone I've praised Bradley (who I destroyed last year) and said Skelton deserves to be the QB and the O-line played better when he came in.

/QUOTE]

SPOT ON. The OL was MUCH BETTER with a defined pocket presence.

Bradley is a nice surprise. He'll see a lot more action, and will need to. Lennon is getting up there a little.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm absolutely shocked.

I'm a Kolb hopeful this year (meaning I never wanted him, but I really hope he does good this year now that he has a full training camp).

I am very surprised at the performance, especially after feeling like he did a better job at camp than Skelton did.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm absolutely shocked.

I wasnt surprised with his play. Its the same as what we saw for the majority of last year. I was surprised to see him get injured so quickly. I believe I had my prediction as week 4.

And to answer a different question. Cutting Kolb right now, sadly, would actually hurt our cap situation. He only makes 1 mil in base salary this year (that ignores his various bonuses that he has already received) but is owed another 6 million in guarantees after this year, and if we axe him that immediately impacts our cap for this year.

If he is injured for more than a few weeks I think we should just IR him, then waive him after the year.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No reason to panic yet, 1st game of preseason, but Massie looks horrid. Bad. Really friggin awful.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheesebeef seriously, no disrespect but literally every post I've seen from you on here and the suns board is doomsday negative. I have probably read 40+ posts from you and all are negative. I just don't understand why you get on these boards? Just to bash local sports teams?

You think cheesebeef is negative now?! This current version of cheese is so much more positive than the pre-SB cheese. :D Although if we keep heading in the wrong direction the dark side of cheese may once again take over completely.

:jedi:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

seriously... I just went back and read this thread and i just have to ask... do you actually READ what I write?

I gave Housler props on a nice long play to him.

I gave the O-line props.

I gave Skelton props.

I gave Bradley props multiple times.

All of those were positive posts, made because I saw positive plays.

I also said Kolb looked terrible and was injury prone.

And I said our tackling has been atrocious.

See what I did there... pretty much gave players praise when they earned it and bashed when they earned that. it's called being objective. Try it sometime when you're reading my posts instead of just calling me out as some basher who hates all our teams.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05