The official June 1st cut thread

pinnacle

Reaction score
I did not know that junior bryant has only played in 3 games over the past 3 years...I was thinking that I would rather have him over steve white...but it seems bryant has been unable to play for quite awhile and may be finished.....

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
and a howdy-do to you too! Finally found your keyboard. Welcome - I'm sure you know, when you first post, you buy the sandwiches. I'll have tuna on rye.

I'd just like a Budweiser please. Thanks.

What the hell happened to Junior Bryant?

The Niners are replacing Bryant, Stubby and Okeafor with Kirschke, Kolodziej and Anthony Adams?

The Niners are a mess.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
49ers | Stokes Released - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:27:10 -0700

ESPNews reports the San Francisco 49ers have released WR J.J. Stokes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

49ers | Bryant Released - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:26:29 -0700

ESPNews reports the San Francisco 49ers have released DL Junior Bryant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants | Zeigler Released - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:25:40 -0700

ESPNews reports the New York Giants have released OL Dusty Zeigler.

Five cuts so far today...hmmm...me thinks this may be poll material!

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11

According to 49ers.com:

"Bryant has not played since a career-ending neck injury suffered against the St. Louis Rams in the third week of the 2000 season. A nine-year veteran, Bryant originally latched on with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent from Notre Dame. He closes his career with 83 games played, 206 tackles and 13.5 career sacks."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by JC_AZ
Let's not bring in another "potential" candidate that has scrambling ability and college credentials (ala Jake Plummer)... We have everything now revolving around Blake as a temp solution. McKown has POTENTIAL too, let him learn and stay in the system for another year, Parsons really is a great athlete with a very strong arm... another year in the system and he more than adequate as a third string QB... hell if we get that far down the food chain we are in deep *&^^%^ anyway.

Next year may offer some better options at QB upgrades.. let's make our efforts to keep the other teams points LOWER and maybe pick up a veteran reciever for a year or two.

Patience for one more season will not kill us... you know damn well that the Cardinals will do everything they can to make this team competitive before the stadium year... enjoy the fact that football is finally about to begin...

Carpe Diem:cool:

AND IT'S O-FFICIAL! THE FIRST, "BE PATIENT FOR A YEAR" POST OF 2003! whatever happened to wait for training camp? or even wait 'til midseason? we're already at "wait for next year" - hummmmmmm...

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Well not exactly "wait until next year", but there will be an improvement from last year... I have no doubts about that... will that get us to the playoffs? NFW... however, there is a history of going after NAMES and the results are obvious and consistent.

Hell, it's still football in the valley and at least we now have a quarterback that throws a long ball to SOMEONE... that is not considered a deep route to go 25 yards... and than have turn around backwards to try to catch it...might be fun to watch some of these young guys competing for a spot...

as far as lunch, sandwiches, beers... no problem... you can ALWAYS find me a few hours before game time in the Karsten Golf Course parking lot... until then... feed and fill yourselves

But thanks for the welcome... a nice gesture for sure:cool:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
AND IT'S O-FFICIAL! THE FIRST, "BE PATIENT FOR A YEAR" POST OF 2003! whatever happened to wait for training camp? or even wait 'til midseason? we're already at "wait for next year" - hummmmmmm...

Ladies and gentlemen, the funniest post of the post-June 1 period.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Steelers | No Releases Needed - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:15:16 -0700

Steelers.com reports the Pittsburgh Steelers will not have to release any players after June 1 to get under the salary cap.

Steelers | Conley Released - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:14:45 -0700

Steelers.com reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have released rookie WR Jeremy Conley.

Hmmm...after they dump Conley, they say that no releases are necessary? :confused:

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Huh

Originally posted by Lex
Wait...a defensive end that had a career ending injury in 2000???

I'll betcha we could talk HIM into playing here???

The Niners can't be THAT stupid.....there must be more to this story.....sounds like we can't afford him so we're spreadin injury bull$hit to me.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
June 2nd has come and gone...and this is it?

I'm suing Section over this!:mad:

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Graves said training camp. Not the regular season this year or next to judge his work. So far....looks dim. But hey, I am optimistic....((GUZZZLE>>>>GUZZLE>>>>>slamming the koolaide)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
You guys might think I'm crazy (and admittedly, I probably am) but I wouldn't mind us bringing him to camp to compete for a roster spot (but not a guaranteed one).

I agree lets give him a look see. A new outlook with new surounding and new coaches could be the answer.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I'd just like a Budweiser please. Thanks.

The Niners are replacing Bryant, Stubby and Okeafor with Kirschke, Kolodziej and Anthony Adams?

The Niners are a mess.
Also replacing the MOOCH with the old Seahawks coach... Thats bad when you cant remember a coaches name... He has white hair though!

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
Somebody explain to me why we don't have a shot at the division this year. I'm not saying we'll win it but I think we can compete. The 49'ers are definately up in the air, d-line worse than ours, corners are just as suspect, owen's contract, rb ???, head coach is a joke all of which plays into our favor.
The Rams are definately the favorite but they too have corner problems, o-line problems (too few), and you can bet by the end of the year will have a quarterback controversy.
The Seahawks I think our in the same postion as us, you just can't take them seriously until they do something, they are a team that has some really nice pieces but they don't seem to fit together?
I'm not smoking crack, I don't see a 10-6 season but I don't see a 10-6 season for anybody in our division, I think 9-7 wins the division and probably with a tie breaker (division record). I don't think we'll make the playoffs but I do think it will come down to the end.
OK go ahead and shred me.:D

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by BEERZ
Also replacing the MOOCH with the old Seahawks coach... Thats bad when you cant remember a coaches name... He has white hair though!

His name is Dennis Erickson, and he will lead the 49ers to three consecutive 8-8 seasons before he gets fired...

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Chiefs | Crockett Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 07:49:20 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Kansas City Chiefs have announced they have released CB Ray Crockett.

Ok, here's a guy who can help us!

Right?

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucs sign RB Kirby:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tamterrykirbysigns&prov=st&type=lgns

Bucs sign RB Terry Kirby to one-year deal

June 3, 2003
TAMPA, Florida (Ticker) - The Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed veteran running back Terry Kirby to a one-year contract, the team announced Tuesday.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

Kirby spent the last three seasons with Oakland, backing up the likes of Charlie Garner and Tyrone Wheatley while playing on special teams. He played in only six regular season games last year, totaling 51 rushing yards and 17 receptions.

This will be Kirby's fifth NFL team. He also has played for Cleveland, San Francisco and Miami, totaling 2,875 rushing yards and 27 touchdowns, and 333 catches for 3,222 yards and 12 scores in 10 seasons.

In Tampa Bay, Kirby will get a chance to spell Michael Pittman and Mike Alstott.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Giants | Pochman Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:14:43 -0700

Giants.com reports the New York Giants have released PK Owen Pochman.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Giants | Malcyzk Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:18:22 -0700

Giants.com reports the New York Giants have released LS Mike Malcyzk.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Jets | Thomas Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:15:21 -0700

The New York Jets have announced the release of TE Jason Thomas, who was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Nevada-Las Vegas in May.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Chargers | Lyman Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:16:59 -0700

The San Diego Chargers have announced the release of rookie WR Josh Lyman, who was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent out of the University of Utah in May.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Raiders | Warren Released - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 06:45:34 -0700

The Contra Costa Times reports the Oakland Raiders have released DE David Warren.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Colts | Druckenmiller Released - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 21:50:02 -0700

The Indianapolis Colts have released QB Jim Druckenmiller, according to Cliff Cook and Rob Phillips of DallasCowboys.com.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05