Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Grievous...

The Voice of General Grievous
Source: StarWars.com
February 3, 2005

In their latest Homing Beacon newsletter, the Official Star Wars site revealed who will be playing the voice of General Grievous in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith:

His implacable metallic skeleton gives him the aspect of a droid, but hidden inside the armored carapace is an unwholesome, living being. To remind viewers of this inner Grievous, his words are occasionally punctuated with a hard, wet hacking cough -- suggesting that Grievous is literally rotten to the core.

Providing the voice of Grievous is Matthew Wood, whose history with Star Wars has been mostly behind-the-scenes. Though Wood is an actor, his contribution to the prequel trilogy has been primarily as Supervising Sound Editor. His access to the Episode III production process may have given him a head's up that casting was underway for the part, but the use of a pseudonym ensured that insider status didn't factor into the selection process.

They also added the following:

In a three-hour recording session, Wood laid down all of Grievous lines. "He's definitely an evil character. He's the leader of the droid army, but not a droid. He feels things; he feels things extremely, I would say. It's a lot of yelling, and shouting out orders, so it had a lot of drill sergeant to it."

While studying acting at American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, Wood came across a website that offered samples of various accents to help actors hear and mimic patterns of speech from around the world. "You could hear the same line of dialogue read in different accents," he says. "I liked the sound of the Eastern European and Romanian accents. Also, I had just come back from Prague, so I had that in mind for Grievous."

Grievous had previously been rumored to be voiced by Gary Oldman or John Rhys-Davies. Obviously that wasn't the case.

:jedi:

Attachments

• woodgrievous.jpg
    woodgrievous.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 135
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Star Wars' Trailer to Premiere March 10

NEW YORK - Darth Vader is coming to "The O.C." The trailer for "Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith" will premiere during the March 10 episode of the Fox show.

The final installment of the "Star Wars" saga will open in theaters on May 19. The new trailer will be released in movie theaters beginning March 11.

"Revenge of the Sith" is the third prequel to the original "Star Wars" trilogy. It continues the chronicle of young Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen), who eventually turns to the dark side and becomes Darth Vader.

As an avid superhero fan, Seth Cohen, the main character of "The O.C." played by Adam Brody, would likely relish the event.

"The O.C." airs Thursdays (8 p.m. EST).

:jedi:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still think there's gonna be a grevious/darth maul connection. Just a hunch.

Djaughe

Reaction score

Attachments

• baron_papanoida_sm.jpg
    baron_papanoida_sm.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 87

Djaughe

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
okay - THAT is a kick-ass poster.

I dunno about the flying yoda thing though...other than that it looks cool.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
I dunno about the flying yoda thing though...other than that it looks cool.

yeah - actually, the more I look at it, the more I don't like it - I REALLY just like Darth Vader's head up there.

Question for those who have seen promotional materials starting to pop around 7-11's and what not - does Darth Vader look like he's tiny and not really filling out his suit as the intimidating menace that he looked in the original movies. I KNOW that Hayden Christensen is the guy ACTUALLY in the suit, which I think is a mistake - there was something about how huge Vader was and the way he walked/carried himself that I would be very surprised to see Hayden be able to emulate. I also though Vader looked weird/small briefly when they showed him in the trailer.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they really think Young Vader wore a brutal bilevel? Damn bad enough I have too look at my high school graduation picture.

Now Vader looks like the Wedding Singer or the guy from Men Without Hats.:bang:

I swear on all that is holy that Vader would never had worn a mullet. No way!!

Djaughe

Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Do they really think Young Vader wore a brutal bilevel? Damn bad enough I have too look at my high school graduation picture.

Now Vader looks like the Wedding Singer or the guy from Men Without Hats.:bang:

I swear on all that is holy that Vader would never had worn a mullet. No way!!

lmao!...I'll throw my popcorn in disgust if the young vader still sports that stupid 80's tail in this movie.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
lmao!...I'll throw my popcorn in disgust if the young vader still sports that stupid 80's tail in this movie.

I NEVER had a tail, but I am starting to think they used one of my graduation pictures for that poster. That is me in 1989!!!

I might have to sue. Why would my parents do this to me? I am suing them as well.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
...does Darth Vader look like he's tiny and not really filling out his suit as the intimidating menace that he looked in the original movies. I KNOW that Hayden Christensen is the guy ACTUALLY in the suit, which I think is a mistake - there was something about how huge Vader was and the way he walked/carried himself that I would be very surprised to see Hayden be able to emulate. I also though Vader looked weird/small briefly when they showed him in the trailer.

Fans wanted Prowse (or someone with the same height and build) in the suit, but Lucas went with Hayden ... wearing lifts. :|

Djaughe

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Fans wanted Prowse (or someone with the same height and build) in the suit, but Lucas went with Hayden ... wearing lifts. :|

I'm sure in a couple years lucas will CGI in a bigger vader. :D

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
WTH is the deal!

You can only view the trailer if you sign up for the fan club for $40.

:thumbdown

Anyone know another place to see or download it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05