The Official Star Wars Episode III thread

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think by "tearjerker" he means BIM and others will cry because of how far the franchise has fallen.

A-Bomb

Lucas: 'Episode III' 'a tearjerker'

'We like to describe it as "Titanic" in space'

Friday, March 18, 2005 Posted: 9:09 AM EST (1409 GMT)

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AP) -- Two decades ago, George Lucas pulled off the mask to reveal the face of one of cinema's greatest bad guys. Now, he's about to slip the mask back on.

Lucas offered a preview Thursday of his final "Star Wars" chapter, which spells out the last dark steps the once goodhearted young Anakin Skywalker takes to become the villain Darth Vader.

"It's not like the old 'Star Wars,' " Lucas told theater owners at the ShoWest convention. "This one's a little bit more emotional. We like to describe it as 'Titanic' in space. It's a tearjerker."

Opening May 19, "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" brings full circle the mammoth sci-fi saga Lucas began in 1977 with the original "Star Wars," which shattered box-office records and remains one of the top-grossing movies ever.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/18/film.starwars.ap/index.html

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Maybe it means that the fanboys will cry knowing a) the series is over, and b) the prequels were so inferior to the originals.

Oh, and this:
George Lucas is planning to remaster all of the "Star Wars" films for rerelease in 3-D, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The director, who is releasing Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith on May 19th, said he hadn't yet committed to a precise schedule but hoped to have the first film ready for the 30th anniversary of the original Star Wars movie in 2007 and that he would then rerelease one "Star Wars" film per year in 3-D.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Maybe it means that the fanboys will cry knowing a) the series is over, and b) the prequels were so inferior to the originals.

Oh, and this:

Geez he's a money grabber! He's probably thinking if he mentions "titantic" it will get some people who liked that movie to go to this one, how the once great franchise has fallen :(

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
abomb said:
I think by "tearjerker" he means BIM and others will cry because of how far the franchise has fallen.

:cry:

'Titanic' in space - because he's sinking the movies to new lows. :|

Then, as a slap in the face, he's goes to release the altered versions of the original trilogy in 3-D. :bang:

:cry:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to be argumentative or anything, but to gross over $300 on the film, someone has to be going to Star Wars films and liking them....

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
UncleChris said:
Not to be argumentative or anything, but to gross over $300 on the film, someone has to be going to Star Wars films and liking them....

Don't worry, these guys complain and complain, but they'll still be at the theater on opening night. ;)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Of course they will, because they DO want to know the story (even if Lucas has gone off course) and they DO hope it will be good...that just hasn't been the case.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
is it just me - or does Darth Vader look emaciated in this pic? Where's the robust intimidating scariest mother of all time?
It looks like they hired either Wil Weaton or Clay Aiken to play Vader this time.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I went to Walmart last nite to buy drawls, i seen the Star Wars first 3 movies. Was only 40 bucks so I thought, wtf.. Ill live some old memeories.

But

OMG

THIS

crap

Is Wack

Are the producers on acid? Matrix and all.

Who in the hell thinks up this stupid crap?

Im watching this.. you can tell this is stupid.. whatever.

Im putting in Friday.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Don't worry, these guys complain and complain, but they'll still be at the theater on opening night. ;)

Of course we will - at least it's an original theatrical release of a Star Wars film. :bang:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucasfilm Launches Episode III Site
Source: Lucasfilm
March 22, 2005

Lucasfilm has relaunched the official "Star Wars" website with a lot of new content for Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith that was previously only available to Hyperspace members, including a brand new front page look. Meanwhile, Hyperspace members now can download the extra larger version of the new trailer at the site.

Star Wars site

After three long years of relentless fighting, the Clone Wars are nearly at an end. The Jedi Council dispatches Obi-Wan Kenobi to bring General Grievous, the deadly leader of the Separatist droid army, to justice. Meanwhile, back on Coruscant, Chancellor Palpatine has grown in power. His sweeping political changes transform the war-weary Republic into the mighty Galactic Empire. To his closest ally, Anakin Skywalker, he reveals the true nature of power and the promised secrets of the Force in an attempt to lure him to the dark side.

20th Century Fox will release the third George Lucas prequel on May 19th.

Attachments

• emperor3.jpg
    emperor3.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 79

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does Palpatine look like like that, other than the fact to make him look scary looking? She looks like the fat girl in Willy Wonka who inflates herself and turns purple.

You'd think with that much power, he'd be able to force a dentist into power cleaning his teeth or something.

He is human, correct?

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
Why does Palpatine look like like that, other than the fact to make him look scary looking? She looks like the fat girl in Willy Wonka who inflates herself and turns purple.

You'd think with that much power, he'd be able to force a dentist into power cleaning his teeth or something.

He is human, correct?

As I understand it it is the effects of the darkside. All the evil power tends to destroy the body.

I think he will look like that after he fights the jedi and becomes overtly evil.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
As I understand it it is the effects of the darkside. All the evil power tends to destroy the body.

I think he will look like that after he fights the jedi and becomes overtly evil.

Is that why Joda looks so withered? (or whatever that puppet's name is)

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It seems like Palpatine changes very quickly though...like when the jedi try to bring him in..it seems like he transforms right then... also he doesn't just look bad he looks really old... I know he is kind of old but that guy looks over 100!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
It seems like Palpatine changes very quickly though...like when the jedi try to bring him in..it seems like he transforms right then... also he doesn't just look bad he looks really old... I know he is kind of old but that guy looks over 100!

That is what happens, and will happen to you if you don't stay away from the dark side.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
That is what happens, and will happen to you if you don't stay away from the dark side.

damn, I'm too vain to go to the dark side! Who cares about power if you can't get the chicks?!

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
First you get the money then you get the power. Than you hook up with an Ewok.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, if you play your cards right, you can jedi mind trick them in to making you into a younger looking darksider on the DVD version.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I just got the graphic novel for the movie at Hastings. Its a comic so short on details but it does answer a lot of questions(although not everything in the movie is probably in the book).