The Official Star Wars Episode III thread

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
lol...my family we're like 'WTF' when I was hollerin and pointing during the flick.

Yeah, luckily my hubby waited till the drive home to tell me about it. Had he told me during the movie, I would have been thinking 'WTF' also! LOL!

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
[/left]

Thank you for confirming my mental justification! :D

Glad I could do so! The last thing we need is Djauge going mental on us! ;)

Djaughe

Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
I thought I saw it... the seen where they are landing on the planet right? its in the lower part of the screen.

:thumbup:

lol...I was like 3 rows from the screen so it stood out pretty good.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
CQ said:
Ok, did a bit of Googling and found some info on this. According to this article, yes, the Millennium Falcon does make a little cameo in Episode III.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/f20050526/

You must be registered for see images
the Falcon
It's tiny, but visible enough to send a warm fuzzy through the hearts of original trilogy fans. In the establishing shot of the expansive Senate docking bays, there's a tiny Millennium Falcon easing into frame. And it's not just a non-descript Corellian freighter; it's on good authority -- namely George Lucas -- that this is the infamous hunk-of-junk before it came into the ownership of either Lando Calrissian or Han Solo. Also peculiar about that shot: there are no less than three gleaming Naboo star skiffs parked on the lot. Does Padmé have spares?

Cool!

Good googling CQ. :)

That sucker must have been fresh off the assembly line at that point. :p

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
That sucker must have been fresh off the assembly line at that point. :p

I wonder if it was before it did the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs

Djaughe

Reaction score
Ryanwb said:

lol...no wonder it had such a history of mechanical problems...they exceeded the warrenty in one big trip....

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:

And, of course, that was a big nit that was picked when Episode 4 first came out, in that a parsec is a unit of distance, and the sentence appears to be using it as if it were or measure of time....

UNLESS.... Because of the jump to light speed (one would assume faster than the speed of light) distances are compressed, thereby making it a valid statement, i.e. at 100mph, the distance was 60 parsecs, but at 5 times the speed of light, the distance is compressed to 12 parsecs.....

Remember.... the news is on at 10:00p.m. (in AZ). :D ;)

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
UncleChris said:
(one would assume faster than the speed of light) distances are compressed,

Interesting, I've never heard this theory of quantum physics. Where did you find this? Is this actually a scientific theory? You've got my interest piqued.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Interesting, I've never heard this theory of quantum physics. Where did you find this? Is this actually a scientific theory? You've got my interest piqued.

That's basically a variant from one of the "wormhole" theories. involving lines that are straighter than straight, etc. The "formula" I provided actually has a direct proportional relationship to it.... I just made that one up for illustrative purposes. Additionally, it is in debate whether or not you have to achieve light speed to enter a wormhole or whether they just exist as a rip in the fabric of space.

If we really want to ge goofy here, there could be a relationship between the speed of an object and it's ability to enter one of the other 10 dimensions described in the String Theory, and the speed might in fact determine which dimension you end up in..... and distance might be equated with this.

OWWWWWW!!!! My head!!!

Also, such ideas come from general relativity theories.... Quantum theories/mechanics have to do with physics at the molecular and sub-molecular level.

:wave:

p.s. I highly recommend "The Elegant Universe," a production of Nova, that goes deeply into the physics of "the String Theory," but on a level we mere mortals can understand. It's availabel from Amazon.com and Deep Discount DVD

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've read quite a bit on string theory, and what I can basically interpret and put into lamen's terms here is that the only mathematical model that quantum physicists can come up with for the universe that works, incorporates rougly 10 dimensions rolled up on each other, suspended and interwoven by 1 constant: gravity.

Any more complex than that, and we have to dig out about 600 pages worth of material to get to the nitty gritty on it, but the idea that when entering a possible wormhole, the idea that the time for the distance is compressed... I understand that. The idea that the distance itself shrinks... well that seems to make sense since theoretically you CAN'T go any faster than the speed of light... it's an interesting theory and thanks for turning me onto it :D

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Saw it. Thought it was really good. I also thought Anakin's descent and allegiance to the darkside was rushed. He kills Windu in what almost seems like an accident, then suddenly pledges his allegiance. I know his hate grows further in the future, but he just agrees to kill the Jedis almost instantly.

Also I liked the fact that Anakin's vision caused him to go to the darkside to save her, but in the end it was the fact that he went to the darkside that killed her.

The end seemed strange to me that the Emperor would tell Vader that he killed Padme. Why wouldn't he tell him Obi Wan killed her or something else. What was the point of him telling Vader that Vader killed her.

And would it take them 20 years to complete the death star. It looks like they already had the foundation built.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe the death star was done quickly, but either did not have to use its power until a new hope or the the weapon itself took the long period

Djaughe

Reaction score
JPlay said:
...And would it take them 20 years to complete the death star. It looks like they already had the foundation built.

The Empire ran into financial problems and had to cut the storm trooper pension plans to accelerate completion.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
The Empire ran into financial problems and had to cut the storm trooper pension plans to accelerate completion.

They hired a construction company that was founded by an old college buddy of General Veers. Vader got pissed when he saw a bill for $300.00 toilet seats and $90.00 for a cases of soda....

Djaughe

Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
...Vader got pissed when he saw a bill for $300.00 toilet seats ....

So thats why they went the trash compactor route..

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I've been playing the Return of the Sith video game and it's providing way more insight to scenes that were left out of the movie. Going way more in depth.

For instance you have to play as Anakin when he goes into the Jedi academy and actually destroy all of the Jedis and turn on the homing beacon to call all of the Jedi's to the academy. You have a bunch of troops with you, but by the time Anakin walks into the academy his power has grown so much that he can easily defeat the other Jedis.

The first scene has him walking in and talking to that old lady in Episode II who runs the library. He asks to have access to the beacon and she says no and pulls her lightsaber out. Anakin simply uses the force and pulls her into his lightsaber. It's gruesome, but I was like damn....that's dope. Then you have to fight through young Jedi's, like teenagers and in their 20s. Huge Jedi's that have those double sided lightsabers. And at the end you have to go through one of the Jedi Masters (who is a master swordman) and his apprentice. It's really cool. Anakin's powers are so great that he can usually outpower others and cut through their defense.

DS

Ladies Man
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know if it was just me, but I got homosexual vibes from the Emperor :confused:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
************* said:
I don't know if it was just me, but I got homosexual vibes from the Emperor :confused:

Na, he's asexual. The only thing that dude humps is power. He's in lust with it.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Honestly. I'm one of the few that didn't have a problem with that line. I don't get why so many people didn't like it. I thought it made Vader's character all the more tragic.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan