The Official US Soccer thread

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahaha... the Brazilian GK deserves that for jumping out early on every freaking penalty kick

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Awesome finish. Couldn't be more happy for the USWNT to win after all the Brazilian flopping/faking injuries.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Awesome finish. Couldn't be more happy for the USWNT to win after all the Brazilian flopping/faking injuries.

Indeed, what a gutsy bunch of gals. It would have been pretty easy in those closing mins to say, meh, we got screwed oh well, but they didn't. Amazing game but the flopping and faking injuries in Soccer still makes me want to puke. It's not just soccer, I despise it in any sport but soccer is the worst.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
CBS Sports, that never covers soccer, had this to say and it pretty much sums up how I feel...
This was a victory for the United States, yes, but it was also a victory for class and dignity. Brazil showed very little of it with the theatrical flopping and bush-league stalling tactics.

I'm not sure the better team won. But I'm sure the classier team won. And if you're thinking to yourself, "This blogg post sure was written by an American homer," I'd tell you that you're damn right.

http://gregg-doyel.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/5881996/30574292

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today was just another example of what a great pick up Ian Darke was for ESPN. What a fantastic call on the Wambach goal, shades of Donovan against Algeria.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Not to state the obvious or be a typical male or anything but,,,,

Hope Solo is super hot.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one of the greatest sports endings of all time. You can't ask for a better script.

I overslept and didn't start watching until the 80th minute. Shame.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today was just another example of what a great pick up Ian Darke was for ESPN. What a fantastic call on the Wambach goal, shades of Donovan against Algeria.

Absolutely love Ian Darke. Probably my favorite announcer of any sport.

Hope Solo is super hot.

That's what Linda said too.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed, what a gutsy bunch of gals. It would have been pretty easy in those closing mins to say, meh, we got screwed oh well, but they didn't. Amazing game but the flopping and faking injuries in Soccer still makes me want to puke. It's not just soccer, I despise it in any sport but soccer is the worst.

She did get a yellow card when she came back on the field. Should have received a Red. (not even sure if that is allowed in the FIFA rulebook)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The US Women are getting screwed. The red card, retaking a penalty, not calling offside on the second goal. All inexcusable officiating decisions for any game let alone a World Cup

If the call was encroachment, the player definitely entered the box early. Deserved call. Hope definitely was on the line when she stopped it though.

The rest was a screwjob though. Glad the ladies were able to pull it out. I'd love to see a Sweden/USA rematch, but I'm pulling for Japan in the other game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gus Johnson had an emotional call of Wambach's goal too.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You know, I really hope that the crybaby ****** Marta spirals into a depression so deep she never plays again...what a WHINER!!! They tried to screw us hard, and we gave the refs a collective middle finger. Tough as nails, baby.

Hope Solo is super hot.

Oh yeah, she's been my favorite. She's not only hot, but she's got girl balls! lol She was getting ripped like crazy after our loss to Brazil in the last World Cup, but I was in her corner 100 percent. She was probably the best player in the tourney at that point, and certainly the best keeper, and the ass hat coach BENCHED her in that semi-final...why, you might ask? To play a more 'experienced' backup keeper. Now, Scurry had her day, but she looked every bit her age in that game.

Solo was thrown under the bus after that game because she threw her coach under the bus afterward. You know what? So would I. It was one of the dumbest coaching decisions I've ever seen in any game, and he deserved to be fired for it. Thankfully, he was. I'm very glad she's back and playing so damned well. She put up a shutout versus Brazil, including stopping a penalty, no matter what the sheet says.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Gus Johnson had an emotional call of Wambach's goal too.

Granted I dont watch much soccer, but that was the greatest pass I've ever seen. The shot was great too but man, what a freaking perfect pass.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Granted I dont watch much soccer, but that was the greatest pass I've ever seen. The shot was great too but man, what a freaking perfect pass.

I loved Rapinoe's statement about it...
"I just took a touch and friggin' smacked it with my left foot," Rapinoe said after the game, in one of the greatest personal play-by-plays ever delivered. "I don't think I've ever hit a ball like that with my left foot. I got it to the back post and that beast in the air just got a hold of it."

I think she is seriously downplaying how well she struck that ball..."friggin smacked it" LOL

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
3-1 US now! Morgan with a nice finish off of a Rapinoe assist. Alex Morgan >>> Amy Rodriguez

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
3-1 US now! Morgan with a nice finish off of a Rapinoe assist. Alex Morgan >>> Amy Rodriguez

That was a great goal, too.

She looks like she'll be on this team for a long time, too. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake