The Official US Soccer thread

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That is kind of disappointing for the AZ crowd, a C team with only Shea & Agudelo being regulars...although I guess Beckerman is a regular under JK and Clark & Pearce used to be regulars.

Nice to see Omar Gonzalez and George John get in there though.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That is kind of disappointing for the AZ crowd, a C team with only Shea & Agudelo being regulars...although I guess Beckerman is a regular under JK and Clark & Pearce used to be regulars.

Yep, much less likely to go considering we'd be seeing the C team.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah but we knew that would happen since it isn't a FIFA international date. Disappointing, but since they only stop by in the state once every 5 years or so I'm still pretty excited.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yeah but we knew that would happen since it isn't a FIFA international date. Disappointing, but since they only stop by in the state once every 5 years or so I'm still pretty excited.

Yeah, I'd probably go too if I was there. It still is disappointing, a lot of guys a casual USMNT fan probably wouldn't even recognize.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a little disappointing. I'm excited for the same reason coyote is. Glad to see Gonzalez there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got a 2 month loan to Nurnberg (Timmy Chandler's team).

Will be an interesting pairing over there. I have seen a few Nurnberg games, including Chandler's red card game.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So much for Gonzalez in Germany, he tore his ACL in his first practice there, on a hard challenge by Chandler no less.

Feel bad for him and I hope he recovers quickly.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much for Gonzalez in Germany, he tore his ACL in his first practice there, on a hard challenge by Chandler no less.

Feel bad for him and I hope he recovers quickly.

:thud:

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Only 9/22 of Venezuela's players have more than 10 caps for the Vino Tinto. Most are domestic league and MLS players. Should be a doozy for Klinsmann.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the friendly this Saturday evening going to be aired? I haven't been able to find any information on the broadcast.

It is supposed to be on ESPN3 online. I don't see it listed anywhere else.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boo! I can't DVR ESPN 3! Why would those U.S. Soccer Federation geniuses schedule a Saturday night game and only have it aired on ESPN 3? Grrr!

You can watch it at any time though. ESPN3 saves the data on their site up to 90 days.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be fine if you go directly to espn3.com rather than the espn homepage. They don't show the score on espn3.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Just got home from the game. Great time! So much fun! Had seats at midfield/second row, players were about 20 feet away. So cool.

I know it was B Team vs B Team, but we totally dominated. The game could have easily been 4-5 to 0. Shea was excellent, he looked dangerous all night. Jermaine Jones was man-of-the-match for me.

Gotta give props to Venezuela's goalie. He kept them in the game with some outstanding saves.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Just got home from the game. Great time! So much fun! Had seats at midfield/second row, players were about 20 feet away. So cool.

I know it was B Team vs B Team, but we totally dominated. The game could have easily been 4-5 to 0. Shea was excellent, he looked dangerous all night. Jermaine Jones was man-of-the-match for me.

Gotta give props to Venezuela's goalie. He kept them in the game with some outstanding saves.

Yeah, B teams or not, that was an impressive game. Our problem continues to be finishing, though. Granted, we didn't have our top scorers, but we have to be able to finish. Much as [still] never want Clark to see the field again, that was a great last-gasp goal.