The Official US Soccer thread

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pretty good game. The ladies did show some defensive lapses including on the Sweden score. Linda said I jinxed them as I said, 'Watch out, that girl can score.' and she scored shortly after.

Has Pia said why she doesn't start Alex Morgan? The offense came to life when she was inserted. Was also shocked that she came in for Wambach instead of playing them both up top.

Good game and was glad to be there.

Fun game, great experience. Morgan is a spark plug. When she came in the game changed. We got to get together and watch some football DCR. Best game on Earth.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun game, great experience. Morgan is a spark plug. When she came in the game changed. We got to get together and watch some football DCR. Best game on Earth.

Sounds good to me.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Here are some of the others that were also leaked. Site is pretty reliable when it comes to releasing kits. Those are the home kits too, btw. I thought it would be a third or away kit..nope.

A reverse Paraguay? Yuck...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bocanegra is out for 2-3 weeks after hurting his hamstring.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AO Phoenix is saying there is a good chance that a US Mens January friendly is in the works for U of P.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AO Phoenix is saying there is a good chance that a US Mens January friendly is in the works for U of P.
Last I heard, the tentative plan for January was traveling to Panama, and then facing Guatemala in Seattle. Plus a February game in Italy. Don't think any of that's been confirmed yet.

Not that I'm complaining, but soccer games at UofP have been really hit or miss in terms of achieving attendance expectations. The US game back in 2007 had a great turn out, but ever since its been spotty (either for international games or exhibitions). The Gold Cup games in 2009 hit less than 24k despite Mexico being in town. With January usually being the MLS camp that lacks the big names, we'll see how it goes.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely be there if there was a USMNT game at UoP.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last I heard, the tentative plan for January was traveling to Panama, and then facing Guatemala in Seattle. Plus a February game in Italy. Don't think any of that's been confirmed yet.

Not that I'm complaining, but soccer games at UofP have been really hit or miss in terms of achieving attendance expectations. The US game back in 2007 had a great turn out, but ever since its been spotty (either for international games or exhibitions). The Gold Cup games in 2009 hit less than 24k despite Mexico being in town. With January usually being the MLS camp that lacks the big names, we'll see how it goes.

I think it was against Guadeloupe, that probably had something to do with it. Didn't stop me from going though :D

I'd go to a usmnt game if the opponents were decent.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AWESOME!

Against tough competition in Venezuela as well.

What do you think the turnout will be?

On the team site, it says :

As a sponsor of U.S. Soccer, Visa® is pleased to offer all Visa cardholders access to an advance ticket sale for this match before the sale to the general public. This advance sale starts Thursday, Dec. 8, at 10 a.m. MT and runs until Friday, Dec. 9, at 8 a.m. MT at ussoccer.com. Visa will be the only payment method accepted through the Visa presale and is the preferred card of U.S. Soccer. Terms and conditions apply.

Any idea how to be a part of this? I want to be a part of the rowdy endzone crowd.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AWESOME!

Against tough competition in Venezuela as well.

What do you think the turnout will be?

On the team site, it says :

Any idea how to be a part of this? I want to be a part of the rowdy endzone crowd.

I think we will see 20k on the low end but most likely the whole lower bowl will be full. 30k would be a success. It also depends on how they promote it. I am going to try to get the corner flag again. I had row 1 for the USWNT it was awesome. Gotta set up a tailgate. I just got my US Soccer flag from Amazon yesterday. Great day to break it in.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Only drawback with the presale is that you have to buy online and swallow the fees, plus it can be difficult to get the exact seats you want. I think I will make a lunch trek to Glendale and buy at the box office on the 9th.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we will see 20k on the low end but most likely the whole lower bowl will be full. 30k would be a success. It also depends on how they promote it. I am going to try to get the corner flag again. I had row 1 for the USWNT it was awesome. Gotta set up a tailgate. I just got my US Soccer flag from Amazon yesterday. Great day to break it in.

We saw 19k for the womens team. I would think that we would see higher than that for the mens.

How did you get your tickets last time?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We saw 19k for the womens team. I would think that we would see higher than that for the mens.

How did you get your tickets last time?

I drove out to the stadium on my lunch break and purchased them the day of the regular on sale and was able to pick my seats much better than the online process and it was about $40 less because I didnt pay the fees.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove out to the stadium on my lunch break and purchased them the day of the regular on sale and was able to pick my seats much better than the online process and it was about $40 less because I didnt pay the fees.

We got our tickets. I don't remember where because Linda bought them for us. Really excited for the game. Should be a great test of where we are going.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The US Olympic group is playing in Nashville (about 2 hours away), I can pre-order tickets tomorrow, I am going to try to make it to all 3 games.

I am really looking forward to this group of kids.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donovan is going back to Everton for a two month loan. If he does as well as he did last year, they could try to make the move permanent.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
U23's training in Florida.

http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Youth/US-Under23-Men/Roster/Dec-2011-Camp.aspx

No real surprises. Of the 30 invited everyone listed plays pro except for 3 college guys Wenger & Ibeagha from Duke and Rowe from UCLA.

Shea, Altidore, Chandler & Agudelo are all age eligible but aren't there due to club or training obligations...probably a couple others I am forgetting.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who we'll see in Glendale:

GOALKEEPERS: Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS: Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), A.J. DeLaGarza (LA Galaxy), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), George John (FC Dallas), Zach Loyd (FC Dallas), Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA)
MIDFIELDERS: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Benny Feilhaber (New England Revolution), Jeff Larentowicz (Colorado Rapids), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS: Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City), C.J. Sapong (Sporting Kansas City), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_...states-january-camp-national-team-roster.html

First time senior caps (should they play) would go to Hamid, DeLaGarza, John, Zusi, and Sapong. Unfortunately, no Donovan due to his Everton loan. He's only been seen twice in the Klinsmann era, and if I remember correctly, he and Dempsey haven't been on the field together since the Gold Cup.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake