The Players Have Quit on the Coaches

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They may very well have quit on the coaches but what does that say about the supposed leaders in the locker room? Wilks and his coaches may be incompetent but they are not quitting. The players are the ones quitting (if you buy into that) and that is a reflection on them.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Yep.

And yet MJ & his other post game hosts say to all the callers calling for Wilks head “be patient Bill Walsh was 2-14 & Jimmy Johnson was 1-15”. Lol

I’m sorry this isn’t the 80’s & no team is giving you five #1 draft picks for an almost done Larry Fitzgerald like Herschel Walker :moon:

It’s a different game today fellas come on man! It’s about offense, the passing game & scoring 30 points a game. Consistently winning & competing for SBs isn’t likely by pounding the rock & relying on a defense to win 20-17.

These to guys also got to be the GM in addition to HC so they had complete control.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
They may very well have about on the coaches but what does that say about the supposed leaders in the locker room? Wilks and his coaches may be incompetent but they are not quitting. The players are the ones quitting (if you buy into that) and that is a reflection on them.

From what i can find Fitz (Bradford was too) is the sole offensive team captain, the defense on the other hand has several, PP, Peters, Jones and Bethea. On special teams it's Dawson.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
From what i can find Fitz (Bradford was too) is the sole offensive team captain, the defense on the other hand has several, PP, Peters, Jones and Bethea. On special teams it's Dawson.
And yet they don’t have many so called leaders.

Bottom line is this team should’ve ripped the C off Pat P’s jersey once he wanted a trade. He’s not a leader & isn’t giving the effort of one & being all in for the team imo.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you help quoting as a player when the staff quit at halftime. We quit playing to win or compete. I saw Leftwich shaking his head on the sidelines and believe he was told to keep it conservative. In the middle of the third quarter down 24 points we ran the ball 3 straight times . We didn’t touch the ball again until the 4th quarter then we ran the ball twice and got a sack. We should have been in no huddle and been throwing swing passes which the defense would have GAVE us. Pathetic!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And yet they don’t have many so called leaders.

Bottom line is this team should’ve ripped the C off Pat P’s jersey once he wanted a trade. He’s not a leader & isn’t giving the effort of one & being all in for the team imo.
Captain's are voted on by the players. Why would they take Patrick Peterson's C when they benched a healthy Bradford who was also voted as a captain?

Patrick has taken this year about as well as a player will outside of Larry Fitzgerald. Chandler Jones has done the same. People can only tolerate inept bosses for so long until it begins to impact their personal goals and earnings. It is the same in every industry. This sounds like a dangerously high-horse your position/opinion is coming from.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, let's be real at what "quitting" means in the NFL. There are a lot of different nuances to this. Very few players go out and specifically do not do their job. Those who players say "quit" are those who don't play when they can, citing "injury". The other times what you see on teams where the coaches have lost the locker room is players either playing for themselves (sacrificing the scheme to get sacks) or playing to prevent "bad tape". I guess another area is that you see players play to not get hurt. Anything outside of these three/four circumstances is having bad players on your roster. Guys who don't work hard, don't work hard regardless. Guys who have character issues, have character issues regardless. Dumb players are dumb.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wilks doesn't have insight into defense or offense or special team.

You see it, he doesn't know what his player can and can't do, he doesn't understand it and doesn't understand what the opponent wants to accomplish.

Therefore he puts his players in bad spots to start with, they than have to overcompensate and we see poo happening. But after some time people start do don't overcompensate, they do what they need to. It's like when in your job you have to do extra work because the system is flawed and you have to do extra work every time because your boss doesn't understand how work should be done so people start to stop do the work properly and because the result is the same. And that is what the D players did ... it has nothing to do with the players and anything to do with the coaching staff.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The coaches actually quit once it got to be 28-10. To put the ball in our pocket and only running 3 plays in an entire quarter means the coaching staff mailed it in at halftime. When the coaches quit, how can you expect the players to play hard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Reaction score
The coaches actually quit once it got to be 28-10. To put the ball in our pocket and only running 3 plays in an entire quarter means the coaching staff mailed it in at halftime. When the coaches quit, how can you expect the players to play hard?

Absolutely I said this another post!

There was zero attacking or agressive play calling whatsoever after the half. I still say Wilks rolled over & played dead by not attacking the Chargers with a passing game & telling Leftwich to open it up we’re getting our ass kicked. 2 yards & a cloud of dust, all Checkdown passes...BA & some of the other coaches today would laugh at waving the flag that early.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree the coaches have quit.... they have no answer... no adjustments, their brilliant plan worked so good for 1 Q, why change it ? the other team adjusted and shredded what worked so brilliantly for 1 Q and our side... kept doing the same thing... Wilkes must go.... Keim must go... and PP21 MUST go... he couldn't tackle my grandmother giving him a simple juke... and she's been dead for about 40 years...

the good thing here is we will all have 8 weekends free next fall, because this putrid mess is NOT going to sell out and home games will NOT be on local TV... time to clean the garage...

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
How can you help quoting as a player when the staff quit at halftime. We quit playing to win or compete. I saw Leftwich shaking his head on the sidelines and believe he was told to keep it conservative. In the middle of the third quarter down 24 points we ran the ball 3 straight times . We didn’t touch the ball again until the 4th quarter then we ran the ball twice and got a sack. We should have been in no huddle and been throwing swing passes which the defense would have GAVE us. Pathetic!

My thoughts exactly, why would the players keep going at 100% when their head coach said keep the offense at 50? I could not understand why we were not in the two minute offense in the fourth quarter? I mean if nothing else to give JR the reps and a chance to work on it. I mean WTH let the dude call his own plays, can't get any worse.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing that gets me is that the only moves that were made were getting rid of players. Not one coach was sent packing.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Captain's are voted on by the players. Why would they take Patrick Peterson's C when they benched a healthy Bradford who was also voted as a captain?

Patrick has taken this year about as well as a player will outside of Larry Fitzgerald. Chandler Jones has done the same. People can only tolerate inept bosses for so long until it begins to impact their personal goals and earnings. It is the same in every industry. This sounds like a dangerously high-horse your position/opinion is coming from.
We have different expectations & philosophies of what a captain & leader is & that’s ok.

Yes Fitz, Chandler, Buddha, Peters etc are leaders but I wasn’t going to name names other than #21. Those guys give it their all & best almost all of the time. Can you really say Pat P is doing EVERYTHING he can to improve the Arizona Cardinals? I can’t. Tackling , half assed play returning punts & repeatedly throwing you hands up in frustration & sometimes lackluster effort in chasing receivers have rubbed me the wrong way.

Chopper he threw the towel in, waved the white flag, wanted out & demanded a trade at the sign of adversity. Imo real leaders don’t do that! He basically quite on his teammates & coaches by doing that & said “screw you guys I’m taking care of me”. He committed to this organization a few years back & should have shut his mouth, played out his contract & left. I think if Wilks is here in 2019, Pat P won’t be.

Again it’s ok to disagree but he doesn’t deserve the C on his jersey Imo for the reasons stated. And yes, I’ve heard other media say the same thing. Just my 2 cents

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Also, let's be real at what "quitting" means in the NFL. There are a lot of different nuances to this. Very few players go out and specifically do not do their job. Those who players say "quit" are those who don't play when they can, citing "injury". The other times what you see on teams where the coaches have lost the locker room is players either playing for themselves (sacrificing the scheme to get sacks) or playing to prevent "bad tape". I guess another area is that you see players play to not get hurt. Anything outside of these three/four circumstances is having bad players on your roster. Guys who don't work hard, don't work hard regardless. Guys who have character issues, have character issues regardless. Dumb players are dumb.
Its an effort thing. Sure their still doing their job but not with much effort.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that gets me is that the only moves that were made were getting rid of players. Not one coach was sent packing.

The buddy system is in play.

The HC was the last one standing in the availablility line when the Cards came calling. Even worse were the "assistants" left for the slim pickings. Steve had limited connections and background so ended up calling in old buddies.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
The more I look at it, the more I think Wilks is a product of the Kuechly/Davis combo. When you have such elite guys in the middle, you can play zone all day. They will stop the run and nobody in their zone will catch a ball or break a tackle. The great Seahawks zone defense of past years had Wagner and KJ Wright. Last year's great Jaguars defense had Telvin Smith and Myles Jack. I think with a pure zone defense having 2 stud LBs is a must, or you will get shredded by any decent QB who will exploit the holes in the middle all day. In a blitz heavy man scheme it's easier to get away with below average LB play.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wilks needs to consider some further changes among his coaching staff itself.