The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I might be missing something. but I don't see an upside to Matthew. I do have high hopes for Williams, when he comes back and is able to play. If he recovers and we add a high draft pick CB, I'd feel good about our CB's next season.

Reactions: PJ1

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I wonder sometimes if the Bidwill kids are going to cut costs as much as possible to milk as much profit as they can before Bill Sr passes. Then sell the team.
I am seeing how having deeper pockets is benefitting the Suns. The Cards could use a multi Billionaire owner.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Agreed - if you can win and be competitive with Dobbs, then Kyler is an upgrade.

I disagree that fixing the staff/culture means Kyler can be the franchise guy.

That is 100% up to Kyler.

I do agree having Kyler be elite is the best case scenario.

You must be registered for see images attach

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Agreed - if you can win and be competitive with Dobbs, then Kyler is an upgrade.

Agree with you 100% TheCardFan. After last year, he's got to prove it to us.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Agree with you 100% TheCardFan. After last year, he's got to prove it to us.
Gotta hope last year was just an outlier in terms of his deep ball. Kyler has his flaws, but if he's an elite deep ball passer then it can cover some of it.

He should get opportunities in this play action offense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Not only that, but if we do end up pretty terrible, players will likely look at the fact that despite an entire regime change…. the Cardinals were terrible. A terrible season with a new GM probably doesn’t help sell a narrative that things are different here now.
I think even if the Cardinals don't win many games this year, but battle like they have so far, free agents will come.

Gannon has clearly changed the culture of the team. Petzing is clearly a pretty good schemer as is Rallis. Players will want to play in this scheme. Add a few good free agents and some good draft picks and this team can win soon.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Gotta hope last year was just an outlier in terms of his deep ball. Kyler has his flaws, but if he's an elite deep ball passer then it can cover some of it.

He should get opportunities in this play action offense.

100%! Which is what was so mystifying about last year. At least since his college days Murray has always been elite on long throws. Not sure about high school. ;)

Personally, I can't wait to see Murray play in the new offense and with Petzing scheming for him. Maybe we finally, finally, finally get to see him reach his full pro potential.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
100%! Which is what was so mystifying about last year. At least since his college days Murray has always been elite on long throws. Not sure about high school. ;)

Personally, I can't wait to see Murray play in the new offense and with Petzing scheming for him. Maybe we finally, finally, finally get to see him reach his full pro potential.
Murray on play action!

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That highlight reel of Kyler reminds me of how good he has been. However, over reactions aside, our defense is still not VG, but I'm hoping that after the next offseason that will change. One thing that has changed IMO, is the effort. At the same time one thing that hasn't changed is open field tackling. We are trending up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think even if the Cardinals don't win many games this year, but battle like the have so far, free agents will come.

Gannon has clearly changed the culture of the team. Petzing is clearly a pretty good schemer as is Rallis. Players will want to play in this scheme. Add a few good free agents and some good draft picks and this team can win soon.

But also mainly because players want to get better so they can make more money and this coaching staff are making chopped liver look like fillet steak.

Players will see that and want a piece.