The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
100%! Which is what was so mystifying about last year. At least since his college days Murray has always been elite on long throws. Not sure about high school. ;)

Personally, I can't wait to see Murray play in the new offense and with Petzing scheming for him. Maybe we finally, finally, finally get to see him reach his full pro potential.
First warning.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That highlight reel of Kyler reminds me of how good he has been. However, over reactions aside, our defense is still not VG, but I'm hoping that after the next offseason that will change. One thing that has changed IMO, is the effort. At the same time one thing that hasn't changed is open field tackling. We are trending up.
Our defense may not yet be VG, but at least it's no longer VJ :D

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We ALL HOPE this is the case. It's one win. However, they are passing the eyeball test. The team is visibly playing better.

It's not so much about the win(s). More that this is a really well coached team that should be able to get the best out of Kyler.

Kyler is very bought in. The staff are bought in on Kyler. If this staff can do this with Dobbs something would have to break in the matrix for it not to work with Kyler.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wonder if Kyler's issues were an artifact of just a poor scheme and poor coaching.

He says as much below.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think the poor scheme and coaching hurt a lot--quite a lot. I think he did himself no favors and very much made it worse. Both are true.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I wonder if Kyler's issues were an artifact of just a poor scheme and poor coaching.

He says as much below.

That's awesome insight. I'm gonna go possible Qspiracy theory here: Hearing that Kyler had such an attention to detail and would get on his teammates for lack of effort in practice...and valued practice and told receivers that if they didn't go all out in practice, he couldn't trust them in a game...Is it possible that Kyler was frustrated with DHop (a known non-practicer) at some level and may have helped him find the door out of the team?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I think the poor scheme and coaching hurt a lot--quite a lot. I think he did himself no favors and very much made it worse. Both are true.
Kyler isn't saying poor scheme. It sounds like he wasn't given the information on where to go on every given play.

We've heard this before from players about the new staff. It sounds like essentially, the players weren't given direction and the right motivation.

As we say in the Army, what is role of a noncommissioned officer? Provide purpose, direction, and motivation to accomplish the mission. It's one thing to draw up great plays and call good plays, but when the QB isn't on the same page as the play caller on where to go with the ball in certain situations, it's not going to run optimally.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score

He says as much below.

I'd argue poor coaching. The comment about lack of attention to detail is very telling
We hear the players say this over and over. We can read between the lines and see the big issues were attention to detail and lack of accountability.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

He says as much below.

I think it's an embarrassing culture top to bottom that had him disconnect and play for him.

Kliff was a symptom, not the cause.

Keim was probably also a symptom, TBH.

But sometimes you clear up the snot and take a cough suppressant and there's nowhere for the infection to take hold.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
m

Great post. Haters gonna hate & have short memories.
Dude... I. Kinda a hater lol... km has a lot to account for.
But along with that truth is the truth that when he is "on" he can be very Mahomes-esque...and with better wheels.
He just needs to stop showing the guy he CAN be...and BE THAT GUY... every down every game.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score

He says as much below.

so -- i find it super interesting that the QB would have a real point of view on the GM and how positive he was on the new one. Coach I could understand, but GM?

Curious if he and Keim got crosswise on things other than........ the GM leaking the press what a problem Kyler was