The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
so -- i find it super interesting that the QB would have a real point of view on the GM and how positive he was on the new one. Coach I could understand, but GM?

Curious if he and Keim got crosswise on things other than........ the GM leaking the press what a problem Kyler was
I thought we all figured his contract/study stipulations were leaked by the FO...most likely Keim.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd argue poor coaching. The comment about lack of attention to detail is very telling
We hear the players say this over and over. We can read between the lines and see the big issues were attention to detail and lack of accountability.
It’s wild how much you want to believe Kliffys scheme wasn’t disgustingly poor… I can’t even comprehend your affection for Kliffy

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that anyone here misses Kliff Kingsbury. Hard to imagine anyone coming in and saying, "Well, things would be even better if Koach K were still here!" No one is doing that.

The Keim/Kliff/Kyler relationship was extraordinarily toxic by probably the start of last season. It boiled over mid-year. Something had to be done. No one misses Kliff.

NO ONE misses Keim.

Kyler is who remains. It's better if he synergizes with the current coaching staff and can play substantially better that Josh Dobbs. I wish dude had shown more maturity the past four seasons, also. I'd have loved it if Kyler were Josh Rosen off the field (I find Josh Dobbs cringe but that's just me). I think that with Maye or Williams odds are 50/50 or worse that they're as good as the median Kyler performance.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
That's awesome insight. I'm gonna go possible Qspiracy theory here: Hearing that Kyler had such an attention to detail and would get on his teammates for lack of effort in practice...and valued practice and told receivers that if they didn't go all out in practice, he couldn't trust them in a game...Is it possible that Kyler was frustrated with DHop (a known non-practicer) at some level and may have helped him find the door out of the team?

So much so that Kyler needed a study clause in his contract?

Let's be positive - fresh start. We all know he has the talent to be great.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that anyone here misses Kliff Kingsbury. Hard to imagine anyone coming in and saying, "Well, things would be even better if Koach K were still here!" No one is doing that.

The Keim/Kliff/Kyler relationship was extraordinarily toxic by probably the start of last season. It boiled over mid-year. Something had to be done. No one misses Kliff.

NO ONE misses Keim.

Kyler is who remains. It's better if he synergizes with the current coaching staff and can play substantially better that Josh Dobbs. I wish dude had shown more maturity the past four seasons, also. I'd have loved it if Kyler were Josh Rosen off the field (I find Josh Dobbs cringe but that's just me). I think that with Maye or Williams odds are 50/50 or worse that they're as good as the median Kyler performance.
Very well said.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Off-topic, but I feel like this was the main reason draft-nerds/analysts were so in-love with Rosen back in 2018.
Eh he had some games at UCLA, but it should be a massive red flag when a supposedly great college QB can't will his team to a winning record (shades of Jay Cutler).

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Probably need to listen to your own advice. You’ve been driving the “Kyler study clause contract” thing into the ground the past month.

True.

I was a "Kyler Fan Boy" though. I am a bit pissed at him for several things that I have discussed in detail several times.

Bottom line - I will get back on board 100% if/when he can consistently prove that he is a franchise QB.

I hope that he does.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's a rarity to find a good NFL QB who wasn't a winner in college.
Some good qb can fluorish in the right system and looks great viceversa some great qbs can look Just good in a bad system
The only Time KK had a winning season was with Murray playing all madden level for great part of the regular season

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude... I. Kinda a hater lol... km has a lot to account for.
But along with that truth is the truth that when he is "on" he can be very Mahomes-esque...and with better wheels.
He just needs to stop showing the guy he CAN be...and BE THAT GUY... every down every game.
Not even Mahomes is THE guy on EVERY down In EVERY game. It’s a team sport, and that’s what JG is preaching. Team first, not me first.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes was 12-13 at Texas Tech.
Yes, with KK running the show. Mahomes knows exactly what it was like having to play for KK. Probably why Mahomes has said more than once that Murray is his favorite NFL QB.

Reactions: urs

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact date his four week PUP stint ends?

Well let's all remember who Mahomes had coaching him during his college career. :p
Last injury report said expected return week 5... though I'm sure that's just when he can start practicing