The Road to the Stanley Cup 2008

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great game between Philly and Washington tonight, the best of the playoffs so far. Washington really impressed after being down two goals midway through the game. I'm looking forward to watching more of this series. The Minny/Colorado series as well as the Calgary/San Jose series look like a lot of fun to watch as well.

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
Did anyone see the guy from Philly get hit in the marbles by a shot? He was taken to the hospital, haven't heard anything as to how he is doing but I think they could be shattered... That has to suck bad.

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Big boy W by my boys tonight. Did a great job on Oveckin. Still gettin a little too cute on the power play at times, but a great game today.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Big boy W by my boys tonight. Did a great job on Oveckin. Still gettin a little too cute on the power play at times, but a great game today.

Sorry, Philly, but though I want your guys to advance, it's only so the Pens can knock the Cryers out of the playoffs :p

On a serious note, though, what's with that one thug on Philly? Starts with an H...can't remember the name. He came out in the next-to-last game against the Pens literally trying to hurt someone. I wouldn't mind having him lose a few teeth in the playoffs!

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe somebody hasn't knocked Sean Avery's head off yet.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
i really hate the sharks sometimes........................

Yeah I do too. We got exposed on Sunday for being a soft team. We cant be soft if we are going to win the Stanley Cup. I think the refs calls some BS power plays but we didnt match their physical side nor we let them skate all around us.

Power plays are key in this series. We seen them with those two power plays and they got goals from them and they snatched the momentum and came back. When we are on a power play its a struggle to even just set up. We need to hit them right back and match them physically. Sunday we got hit in the mouth and got punked and didnt do a d*** thing about it

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
Yeah, that was embarrassing for the league. What a tool.
Since it wasn't breaking any rule or anything at the time he was doing it, from what I understand he isn't even going to be punished for it. No fines, no suspension, nothing. Hopefully someone on the Devils takes care of him in the next game. That was one of the stupidest cheap things I've seen done in a professional game in awhile.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since it wasn't breaking any rule or anything at the time he was doing it, from what I understand he isn't even going to be punished for it. No fines, no suspension, nothing. Hopefully someone on the Devils takes care of him in the next game. That was one of the stupidest cheap things I've seen done in a professional game in awhile.
Actually, he did.

75.4 Misconduct Penalty
(iii) Any player or goalkeeper who, after warning by the Referee, persists in any course of conduct (including threatening or abusive language or gestures or similar actions) designed to incite an opponent into incurring a penalty.

The NHL issued a clarification on rule 75 today, saying that brandishing a high stick in somebody's face counts, as well it should.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Yeah I do too. We got exposed on Sunday for being a soft team. We cant be soft if we are going to win the Stanley Cup. I think the refs calls some BS power plays but we didnt match their physical side nor we let them skate all around us.

Power plays are key in this series. We seen them with those two power plays and they got goals from them and they snatched the momentum and came back. When we are on a power play its a struggle to even just set up. We need to hit them right back and match them physically. Sunday we got hit in the mouth and got punked and didnt do a d*** thing about it

yeah - another mediocre canadian team muscling them a little and creating odd chances and owning the specials play - i think i've read this script before

the team also needs to realize that their strength isn't playing a defensive game - they are great at puck control, movement and holding the offensive zone - everytime they lay back they get killed

also, don't let you captain get his head ran into the boards and bloodied without taking some kind of action - idiotic how this team plays sometimes

Stout

Reaction score
Break out the brooms and say goodnight to the Senators. Aww, ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building! *best Mike Lang voice*

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Bring on the Rangers.

Where is Assface so we can trade the stereotypical words of war ?

I'll start.

:ais: and so are the Rangers. :D

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, Philly, but though I want your guys to advance, it's only so the Pens can knock the Cryers out of the playoffs :p

On a serious note, though, what's with that one thug on Philly? Starts with an H...can't remember the name. He came out in the next-to-last game against the Pens literally trying to hurt someone. I wouldn't mind having him lose a few teeth in the playoffs!

Yeah, the Pens. Lawd.

I can't recall who you're talking about. I didn't see that Pens/Flyers game. I can tell you that it seems to get a lil chippy when we do meet. I wouldn't mind bringing you a little agony myself Stout. Maybe we'll have to do a lil somethin' somethin' if it gets to that!
:devil:

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah, the Pens. Lawd.

I can't recall who you're talking about. I didn't see that Pens/Flyers game. I can tell you that it seems to get a lil chippy when we do meet. I wouldn't mind bringing you a little agony myself Stout. Maybe we'll have to do a lil somethin' somethin' if it gets to that!
:devil:

I'd love nothing more than to meet the Flyers in the playoffs. I figure we'll win, but I know a few Flyers fans (you included) so it would be a fun series.

By-the-by, I was hoping to make it out for the draft again, but I won't be able to. I should have a new job shortly with the state, and I will do 2 weeks of training in the Harrisburg area (I'm out West). If I was in training, I would have been able to make it, but I won't be hired until probably mid-May. Oh well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05