SG- Goodwin
PG- Marshall

Not sure about the starters but I guess

Gortat
Beasley
Butler
Dragic
Bledsoe

Scola, Tucker, Brown, Butler, Beasley, Frye, Gortat, Lee clearly trade bait and maybe Dragic too.

Long term roster

Len // ???
??? // Morris
??? // Morris
Goodwin // ???
Bledsoe // Marshall

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Curious why they picked up Brown's option for the year if they had this deal in the works. Seems like an already crowded backcourt.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather make room at the forward positions. We have the Morris boys, scola, and beasley.
We can easily lose atleast one Morris and Beasley for another quality forward.

Goodwin isn't a lock yet to be backup to dragic and bledsoe, and then Marshall might be done in the Nba once McD gets a full eval on him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curious why they picked up Brown's option for the year if they had this deal in the works. Seems like an already crowded backcourt.

They say this deal came together in less than 24 hours. So, they did not have this deal in place. It probably would have made an impact on the choice they made with Brown had they known.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because his contract was partially guaranteed, and they didn't want to pay him so he can play elsewhere. I have no problem with that.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Heck, he'll probably be the starting SG once the Dragic/Bledsoe experiment proves to be a failure.

it is obvious that it will fail..

2 PGs combination or combo guard combinations have a long history of failing especially when both players are not good shooters.

Dragic at SG is bound to fail and I hope we cash in on him soon as Bledsoe is the player for the future clearly.

I have high hopes that maybe Goodwin will earn the starting position by the allstar break.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
By my count, if Frye can play this season that gives us three deep at every position with 15 players under contract. (not counting Childress who we are paying to play X-box and eat Cheetos for a few more years.)

PG: Dragic, Bledsoe, Marshall
SG: Goodwin, Brown, Lee
SF: Butler, Tucker, Mc Morris
PF: Scola, Mk Morris, Beasley
C: Gortat, Frye, Len

Going into the off season, the two positions where we were pretty solid were PG and C with Dragic and Gortat/O’Neal. So of course, our first pick was a Center and our “big” trade was for a PG.

One of our biggest weaknesses was a lack of good outside shooting, and we’ve traded our two best 3 point shooters, Telfair and Dudley. Now if Frye does not return the only good three point shooter on the team is the coach.

I think that Bledsoe and Len are nice pieces to use in rebuilding, but I don’t see this year’s roster being any better than last’s.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Players out from last year: Telfair, Dudley, Haddadi, ONeal, Garrett. You will probably add Scola to this.

Players in: Len, Goodwin, Bledsoe, Butler, Oriakhi, Frye (was not a factor last year).

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cannot believe that Scola or Lee will be any part of the mix this next year. However, Wes Johnson might.

What about Lee? Anyone know anything about him?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe that Scola or Lee will be any part of the mix this next year. However, Wes Johnson might.

What about Lee? Anyone know anything about him?

Bruce yes, Malcolm, not so much. I don't remember watching him at UCLA and thinking he was destined for the NBA. I know he was a streaky shooter in college but that's about it.

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
You think it's going to fail? Already?

Yes. Neither player has shown SG skills. You can't just pencil someone into a lineup position and expect them to perform there. It's not like asking a shortstop to learn how to play third.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

My guess is that Johnson will sign with someone else before the Suns can clear a spot for him. Right now they have way too many SFs as it is.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is obvious that it will fail..

2 PGs combination or combo guard combinations have a long history of failing especially when both players are not good shooters.

Dragic at SG is bound to fail and I hope we cash in on him soon as Bledsoe is the player for the future clearly.

I have high hopes that maybe Goodwin will earn the starting position by the allstar break.

Am I the only one who thinks Bledsoe is getting seriously overrated here? I like the fact that we received a young, exciting prospect, but Bledsoe's miles from being a good starting point guard. I also think people are overestimating what we could get in return for Dragic at this point.

One thing is for certain. Jeff Hornacek has his work cut out for him as a shooting coach on this team. He should have no problem getting us a great shot at Andrew Wiggins though.

Joe

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Bledsoe is getting seriously overrated here? I like the fact that we received a young, exciting prospect, but Bledsoe's miles from being a good starting point guard. I also think people are overestimating what we could get in return for Dragic at this point.

One thing is for certain. Jeff Hornacek has his work cut out for him as a shooting coach on this team. He should have no problem getting us a great shot at Andrew Wiggins though.

Joe

Not at all. In fact, several of us have pointed this out. He's a young project, hardly a finished product. The Clippers struggled when he filled in for Chris Paul but he showed flashes of the player he could become and I'm still amazed we added him for nothing more than Dudley and a 2nd rounder.

Steve

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake