The way things are going, the Suns might have two picks in the NBA lottery this year

kaesile

Rookie
Reaction score
you;d have to be one of the worst 4 teams to get into the top 4 picks in the lottery.

those 4 picks are guaranteed for those 4 worst teams

Huh? That makes no sense. Just last year, the Celtics had the second worst record in the league and ended up getting the fifth pick. Meanwhile, Portland tied for the sixth worst record and ended up with the top pick.

For the Kurt Thomas trade, NBA.com's transactions page doesn't list any protection on the picks that the Suns sent to Seattle.

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
well after the top 3 picks have been awarded, the remaining teams draft in inverse order of regular season record. so the worst team in the league is guaranteed a top 4 pick is what i meant.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's no protection on the '08 and '10 first round picks the Suns sent Seattle, BUT the '09 2nd round pick Seattle sent back is conditional.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's no protection on the '08 and '10 first round picks the Suns sent Seattle, BUT the '09 2nd round pick Seattle sent back is conditional.
Well isn't that special?
That K.T. deal may go down as one the worst trades in SUNS history.
I remember being extremely pissed when it was even being discussed(moving K.Thomas). My jaw dropped when the SUNS pulled the trigger on that one....i remember thinking when i first heard of the trade(on radio) that when the first round picks were mentioned that we'd "gained" a couple future firsts and i was thinking...okay well, we're gonna miss Kurt but thats a pretty smart move.
Needless to say, it turns out that the SUNS willingly bent over for SEATTLE on that deal.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
im glad none of you are my teamates in real life, or people id go to war with overseas...id look forward scared as **** and then look back for support only to see everyone running away.