There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I also agree with @Stout.

We already have a bunch of picks and there's blue chip talents like Nabers and Alt(if MHJ is gone) staring right at us in the face, lets not play with fire and potentially miss out on them two + Odunze.

What do we plan to do next year with those picks? Just trade back again as well in a never-ending cycle?
Acquire more picks ---->>>>?>>>>>Profit!

I think it's safe to say that these guys will be picked before Odzune:

Williams
Maye
MHJ
Daniels
Alt
Nabers

So you *should* be safe to trade down to at least 7, right? Drafting Odzune at 4 would seem too early, especially if someone else falls in love with Daniels.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We read the articles. This player, that player, mock drafts and more.

We all have our ideas of what we should do. What you and I think is going to change. Between today and April Players are going to move up and down the board. Stories and past injuries will get reported. There will be players that explode at the combine and we still have to go through free agency.

You can bet the “clear” picture we see today is going to change. One thing for sure this is going to be way more exciting off season than last year.

PEW PEW!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I also agree with @Stout.

We already have a bunch of picks and there's blue chip talents like Nabers and Alt(if MHJ is gone) staring right at us in the face, lets not play with fire and potentially miss out on them two + Odunze.

What do we plan to do next year with those picks? Just trade back again as well in a never-ending cycle?
Preach.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
While Im still not sold on Murphy going that high (yet). I am starting to believe Odunze goes top 7. As long as he doesnt run a 4.6
Ok - so he goes 7? Let me know who on this list he'll replace:

Williams
Maye
MHJ
Daniels
Alt
Nabers

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Odunze probably goes no later than 6 or 7.

He's a pretty damn good prospect, I'd take him at 4.
Ok - so he goes 7? Let me know who on this list he'll replace:

Williams
Maye
MHJ
Daniels
Alt
Nabers

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score

Williams
Maye
MHJ
Daniels
Alt
Nabers

So you *should* be safe to trade down to at least 7, right? Drafting Odzune at 4 would seem too early, especially if someone else falls in love with Daniels.
The teams than need OL also need receivers. In fact every team in the top ten could use a receiver, or at least another talented WR.

The OT class is pretty good, there should be solid prospects at the beginning of round two, so teams might eschew their need for later.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The teams than need OL also need receivers. In fact every team in the top ten could use a receiver, or at least another talented WR.

The OT class is pretty good, there should be solid prospects at the beginning of round two, so teams might eschew their need for later.
Yeah, I feel the guys ahead of Odzune are likely to stay that way, and again, if someone really wants Daniels you can use that as leverage. I'm not that interested in Odzune or Nabers at 4...I'd rather go Alt and draft a WR with Texans pick/2nd rounder.

It's not like one decision is horrible and the other is genius, but I'd hope to get more from #4 than just Odzune. I doubt he goes top 7.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel the guys ahead of Odzune are likely to stay that way, and again, if someone really wants Daniels you can use that as leverage. I'm not that interested in Odzune or Nabers at 4...I'd rather go Alt and draft a WR with Texans pick/2nd rounder.

It's not like one decision is horrible and the other is genius, but I'd hope to get more from #4 than just Odzune. I doubt he goes top 7.
I think you're underrating Odunze. I think there is an even chance that he goes higher than Nabers, because you can't coach size, and Odunze is a big guy who moves like a small guy.

While I do love the idea of drafting another tackle, an interaction I had with @kerouac9 the other day may have moved my thinking a little bit. If you look at the playoff teams and look at who they are starting at RT, there were plenty of just ok players.

Getting Kyler Murray a true #1 WR is by far the biggest need for the team. And with how we saw Murray connect with Hopkins, a true alpha 50/50 receiver, Odunze is higher on my board than Nabers. There is a little Fitzgerald to Odunze's game, and Murray could really benefit from having a receiver who can bail him out a bit. I think that's why Brown hasn't worked out that well, he's not a guy who bails out his QB at the catch point.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Odunze probably goes no later than 6 or 7.

He's a pretty damn good prospect, I'd take him at 4.
This

I’m on record saying when we see the final stories on these guys, I think Odunze will be the best of the bunch.

I mentioned some time ago that Nabers is not a good 50/50 guy and like you mentioned, that is really what this offense needs. Yes, I am an ASU fan but I watched virtually every LSU game this year (my fave SEC team since late 80s) and while Nabers is good he isn’t and won’t be great

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think you're underrating Odunze. I think there is an even chance that he goes higher than Nabers, because you can't coach size, and Odunze is a big guy who moves like a small guy.
Yep - reading about the contested catch rate with Nabers was definitely eye opening.
While I do love the idea of drafting another tackle, an interaction I had with @kerouac9 the other day may have moved my thinking a little bit. If you look at the playoff teams and look at who they are starting at RT, there were plenty of just ok players.
Yeah - an OT would be a luxury pick at this point, but if Alt is a Joe Thomas like prospect you can put there for 8-10 years, that's hard to pass.
Getting Kyler Murray a true #1 WR is by far the biggest need for the team. And with how we saw Murray connect with Hopkins, a true alpha 50/50 receiver, Odunze is higher on my board than Nabers. There is a little Fitzgerald to Odunze's game, and Murray could really benefit from having a receiver who can bail him out a bit. I think that's why Brown hasn't worked out that well, he's not a guy who bails out his QB at the catch point.
That's why I have little interest in Brown at even a reduced salary...bigger targets that win 50/50 balls seem to be very important to our current QB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you don't like that one, your not going to like this one:

While the rest of the free world is busy kissing Ohio State receiver Marvin Harrison Jr.’s helmet, I am here to shed some light on the mainstream narrative. I am going to dare to write something different than the choir.

Keep in mind, I’m not doing this for clicks. My end game is to get back into the NFL.

Is Harrison talented?

Yes, he is.

Is Harrison a first-round talent?

Yes, he is.

Is Harrison a top-5 value?

No, he’s not.

Why not?

Game film.

I maybe wouldn't go that far but he's not wrong, there is some of that in his film. But, a lot of wide receivers have that at the college level. Especially top ones. I mixture of poor competition making it easy and being the big dick on campus.

I wouldn't expect Harrison to carry that into the Pros.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep - reading about the contested catch rate with Nabers was definitely eye opening.

Yeah - an OT would be a luxury pick at this point, but if Alt is a Joe Thomas like prospect you can put there for 8-10 years, that's hard to pass.

That's why I have little interest in Brown at even a reduced salary...bigger targets that win 50/50 balls seem to be very important to our current QB.
Aren't those good for all QB's? Don't mean to be a troll. But aren't those good for QB's regardless of height? Do some QB's not throw up 50/50 balls?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Aren't those good for all QB's? Don't mean to be a troll. But aren't those good for QB's regardless of height?
To a degree, I think. You rarely see teams run out a bunch of taller than 6'3 WR, which may be due to a lack of available options. You also rarely see teams throw out the lollipop guild like we did this year, probably because it's not a great strategy either!

Specific to our QB, I *believe* Kyler is more effective and trusts bigger targets. He got Dan Arnold a second NFL contract - that has to mean something!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
We read the articles. This player, that player, mock drafts and more.

We all have our ideas of what we should do. What you and I think is going to change. Between today and April Players are going to move up and down the board. Stories and past injuries will get reported. There will be players that explode at the combine and we still have to go through free agency.

100% slan! There will also be a prospect who we learn was driving their car 100 mph on the freeway or gets caught with a dime bag of pot!

We'll all go "tsk tsk", and he'll lose some money as a result!

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Williams
Maye
MHJ
Daniels
Alt
Nabers

I’m not totally writing off Alt going before Odunze.

I could very well see the first 6 picks playing out like this:

Caleb
Maye
Jayden
MHJR
Nabers/Odunze
Odunze/Nabers

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Caleb
Maye
Jayden
MHJR
Nabers/Odunze
Odunze/Nabers
Makes sense...workouts/interviews will likely be the determining factor for teams on the fence.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Caleb
Maye
Jayden
MHJR
Nabers/Odunze
Odunze/Nabers
Tennessee and the Jets are obvious trade-down candidates for someone who wants the top LT.