These threads suck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, thanks Poker. I appreciate that. I make one vent post in four years and all of a sudden I'm an a-hole? Thanks.. really.

I'm sure you vent more than once every four years....unless you're an olympian.

OP
OP
M

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
The thing I miss the most is the articles I can skip the stupid threads. I was trying to express the sight use to feel like we were "sticking it to the man". I could come here and read a collaboration of articles all about the Suns. Some were even translated from other countries. Now we have to bow to the internet copywrite laws, which suck. I believe people should pay for stuff and not steal it but its just insane to get a subscription to every sports news outlet just for the chance they may speak about the Suns.

I've been around long enough to know that there was a time the team rarely got National coverage no matter how great the game was that night. This sight use to fill that void. The point I was trying to make about the quality of threads is it seems the stupid ones are filling the void for the lack of articles.

I know there is probably nothing I can do about it which is why I'm posting now since I know I won't ever find another site like this( I tried yesterday).

So my alternative is to have a "forum" about it and see if any of you have any ideas of how we can go around this. I'd be willing to pay for a collaboration of Suns articles if there was any way we could negotiate with the different outlets. We don't want all their stuff Just Suns stuff. You should pay for what you get and not the leftover garbage.

If any of you know of a sight that collects Suns articles and post them in real time like this site use to, please share. I miss the days when you all broke the news about trades before ESPN and the other big networks.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If any of you know of a sight that collects Suns articles and post them in real time like this site use to, please share. I miss the days when you all broke the news about trades before ESPN and the other big networks.

Why dont you just buy espn insider since you're willing to pay for it? There...problem solved! Its got everything you mentioned.

Last edited:

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Actually, I'm done with this forum too. There are way to many people like Poker on this board. Enjoy the season.

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
First, I'm sad to see all the people quitting, threatening to quit, leveling stupid insults, etc. I think My3suns is right that average thread quality has declined, but you can tell a lot of the stupid threads by title, author, or early posts, so just don't open them. As far as number of posts, bottled date, etc., go, if there are any laws about how one must 'be a fan', I haven't seen them. Some people are fulfilled by staying loyal to a bad product and being exploited by rotten owners, coaches, players, etc., while others feel like they at least have to vent. You may get fulfillment by sneering at the style of others, but till you can get an initiative onto the ballot and get it passed, you're just passing gas.

Second, I read the following:

Originally Posted by D-Dogg
Nobody is a "former" Laker fan. Once you are a Laker fan, you are with the good guys for life.

Come on over, Suns fans...the water's fine....
Dear D-Dogg: I happen to have loved the Lakers in the 80s, with actual good guys including Magic, Wilkes, even Jabbar, etc. Then I changed. Compared to them, Shack (sic) was a house of straw, but still better than Cobbey the unbalanced. How can you like basketball (as opposed to 1-on-1 showboating) and not hold Nash in reverence and cherish the thought of what Diaw might become? Since you live on this board anyway, come on over to the true light side, the Sun(s)!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Nice post, Scot1, but you're forgetting the primary credo of Laker fans, which is that declaring allegiance to a team that has won championships makes you a better person.

JoRain

Registered
Reaction score
Dear D-Dogg: I happen to have loved the Lakers in the 80s, with actual good guys including Magic, Wilkes, even Jabbar, etc. Then I changed. Compared to them, Shack (sic) was a house of straw, but still better than Cobbey the unbalanced. How can you like basketball (as opposed to 1-on-1 showboating) and not hold Nash in reverence and cherish the thought of what Diaw might become? Since you live on this board anyway, come on over to the true light side, the Sun(s)!

I too have liked lakers of the old times. Now, mostly thanks to Kobe the overrated Bryant, who is probalbythe only star in the league, actually making his team worse than it is, every game I cheer against them, even when they play agaisnt teams like Pistons, Spurs, Jazz -> teams i've been hating since the beginning of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.