Tillman stuff on Ebay

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
It's great for memories, but it's kind of sad how some people are exploiting this solely to make money. But whatever, supply and demand I guess.

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
Also, if you're patient, the Cards will be selling Tillman jerseys soon. I can imagine how many requests they would be getting.

Last edited:

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Thats really sad that people are exploiting this tragic passing of a good man.

Some may be....but others like myself wish to celebrate his life and his heroism. Just buying a t-shirt honoring PT and the Rangers is not a bad thing.

How many of us would turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars to put their life on the line and in the end give the ultimate sacrifice?

jolt

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess if you weren't a cards fan or a tillman fan it would be hard to turn down 15 grand for a football card. But personally i think it's a little crass on the part of the buyers and sellers.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
BuckeyeCardinal said:
Some may be....but others like myself wish to celebrate his life and his heroism. Just buying a t-shirt honoring PT and the Rangers is not a bad thing.

How many of us would turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars to put their life on the line and in the end give the ultimate sacrifice?

Buckeye what are you talking about? I'm talking about people selling his rookie card for 15,000 or an auto index card for 5,000. Buying a shirt is fine with me cause I want two shirts for me and my fiancee but selling his memorabilia for booko bucks is ethically wrong.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Buckeye what are you talking about? I'm talking about people selling his rookie card for 15,000 or an auto index card for 5,000. Buying a shirt is fine with me cause I want two shirts for me and my fiancee but selling his memorabilia for booko bucks is ethically wrong.
Nobody listed it at $15,000...that is just what the bid has gone up to. most started at .99

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:

And that's what I said.

Just clarifying the point that there's a line and no doubt some have crossed it.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I gotta be honest with you, if I had a football card and thought I could get $15K from it, I'd be listing it on eBay right now. Classless or no, me and my family could really use that kind of money.

But, somebody's jerking that seller around. Nobody is going to pay that much for a football card.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Personaly I don't see it as people making money off of his death more the ones bidding on his memories will recieve something much better. I don't agree about the cost but the reward is priceless.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the items listed at $5,000 and up are going to complete..It looks as though people who are outraged, at people trying to exploit the situation are placing junk bids, just to piss off the people who are listing the items.

There are some cards currently at $5,000 while the exact same card can be had for $11.99 "buy it now"

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It is sad becouse I looked at 8:00 am when I got into work for a Tillman Jersey and nothing came up on Ebay and now there is tons of stuff... :(

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I have a mini-helmet signed by Pat Tillman from his visit to my work during the push to get the new stadium.

You will never see it on eBay!

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Great new listing on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56019&item=4126738837&rd=1

Description
You must be registered for see images
Please don't dishonor this american hero by allowing people to profit from his death. This man was a hero and role model for our children. In a day an age where athletes are pampered cry babies, Pat Tillman gave us hope that professional sports was not a completely lost cause. How about make a donation to the Red Cross.

DO NOT ALLOW OTHERS TO PROFIT FROM HIS DEATH.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SweetD said:
Great new listing on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56019&item=4126738837&rd=1

Description
Please don't dishonor this american hero by allowing people to profit from his death. This man was a hero and role model for our children. In a day an age where athletes are pampered cry babies, Pat Tillman gave us hope that professional sports was not a completely lost cause. How about make a donation to the Red Cross.

DO NOT ALLOW OTHERS TO PROFIT FROM HIS DEATH.

The guy who put this on ebay is from New York. Amazing how people all over the country know about Tillman.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just heard that Ebay has removed more than 350 auctions because they were trying to profit from Pat's death. They took simular action on the day Space Shuttle Columbia exploded

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Just heard that Ebay has removed more than 350 auctions because they were trying to profit from Pat's death. They took simular action on the day Space Shuttle Columbia exploded

Big applause to ebay! I was wondering how long it would take for people to post things.

I got my Tillman jersey at the pro shop in AZ. Bought Moore, Aeneas, Jake and Tillman. Pat's was the only jersey I still wore after the fact. So damn glad I ran out of money and never paid a damn cent for that Rice jersey.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
I have a question for ya'll. I have a Tillman card. I will be honest. I never really thought this would happen to him. I thought he would come back home safely and play for the Cardinals again. But unfortunatley that didn't happen. :( So, I am thinking about listing this card, and giving money to charity. Would this be the correct thing to do?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05