FC: Dirk Nowitzki

Bench:
Brent Barry
Matt Harpring
Manu Ginobli
Keith Van Horn
Zydrunas Ilgauskas

My guess is that team is pretty good.

i'll let ya keep the hispanics. to that end i'd even add pau gasol. but man would that team be slow. peja can't guard two guards. and there is very little post play among that group, even including gasol. it would be a pretty good team, but i don't think it would have homecourt advantage in the playoffs. maybe in the east.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
What about Jason Williams? He would be a good back up or starter. Plush Kirk Hinerick (sp), and the kid from Sac PF.. Sun... somthing????

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I keep saying I hope they give Adonel Foyle a good look at Center. He is a very good shot blocker, decent rebounder, and he can hit a 10-15 foot shot with consistency. I think he could be had for a four-year deal starting at $3-4 million at the most.

Joe Mama

I'd prefer Stromile Swift.

If the Suns really want to stick with the plan of a running team, Swift is a perfect fit here IMO

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by yotes1921

Choosing a player or, not choosing a player because of their color or race, is ridiculous. I just don’t see the relevance. What ever happened to choosing a player based on his contributions to a team?

I couldn't agree more.

Also my apologies to ASUCHRIS. I felt I was overly critical about the wording of his topic about the drafting of Vroman last night. Normally I would just let something like that pass me by without an afterthought.

I live and breathe the Suns and yesterday was just a bad day. I wanted the Suns to draft an impact player perhaps like Andre Iguodala. It just didn't happen. I hope free agency goes better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I hope the Suns pick up Adonal Foyle in free agency.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
How much offense do you actually think we NEED at the center spot??

thanks Chap. The Phoenix Suns don't necessarily need even want or even want an offensive minded center. They need a defensive center who is capable of consistently hitting a midrange jump shot, so opponents can't gather in the Lane to stop Amare Stoudemire. Foyle can do that.

He is a bit undersized that center at 6'10". However like guys like Okafor and Ben Wallace he has incredibly long arms. In fact I bet his arms are longer. He has calluses on his knuckles with a drag on the ground. :) I'm not saying this guy is going to come in and play 35 minutes per game. He comes in and plays 25 minutes per game while guys like Jake Voskuhl, Lampe, and maybe someone like Antonio McDyess take the rest of the time.

Someone pointed out that he has had injury problems. That is my only concern with him. He would need to make sure he was healthy. He missed about half of last season. This guy isn't your prize free-agent signing. He is a piece in the puzzle.

Gambo has been talking about the Phoenix Suns signing Greg Ostertag today. I think he's really underestimating how much Ostertag is going to get paid this summer though. Gambo made it sound like he was going to settle for a one or two year $2 million per year contract. I believe when all is said and done he will get four or five years starting at at least $4 million.

Joe Mama

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
thanks Chap. The Phoenix Suns don't necessarily need even want or even want an offensive minded center. They need a defensive center who is capable of consistently hitting a midrange jump shot, so opponents can't gather in the Lane to stop Amare Stoudemire. Foyle can do that.

He is a bit undersized that center at 6'10". However like guys like Okafor and Ben Wallace he has incredibly long arms. In fact I bet his arms are longer. He has calluses on his knuckles with a drag on the ground. :) I'm not saying this guy is going to come in and play 35 minutes per game. He comes in and plays 25 minutes per game while guys like Jake Voskuhl, Lampe, and maybe someone like Antonio McDyess take the rest of the time.

Someone pointed out that he has had injury problems. That is my only concern with him. He would need to make sure he was healthy. He missed about half of last season. This guy isn't your prize free-agent signing. He is a piece in the puzzle.

Gambo has been talking about the Phoenix Suns signing Greg Ostertag today. I think he's really underestimating how much Ostertag is going to get paid this summer though. Gambo made it sound like he was going to settle for a one or two year $2 million per year contract. I believe when all is said and done he will get four or five years starting at at least $4 million.

Joe Mama

first, ostertag - ugh

second, foyle does not have a midrange shot. he is all dunk. i've followed him since his freshman year at colgate b/c i'm a hoya and at the time it was thought he might attend 'cuse. from that moment on i was just very interested in his career. it never took off as everyone thought it would.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
slinslin said:
What would Adonal Foyle give us that Jahidi didn't?

though not as strong as jahidi, he's IS a much better shot blocker and man-on defender. i will give him that. and his hands aren't quite as bad as jahidi's, he just has no offensive game to speak of.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would Adonal Foyle give us that Jahidi didn't?

I always wanted to keep Jahidi. I envisioned our center position before the draft as a position that could be manned by committee: Foyle, White and Voskuhl. I thought Jake would be especially valuable at the end of the halves as he is somewhat a better free throw shooter.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I have seen Foyle (I admit I haven't followed his entire career) he has shown that he can consistently hit his shots from about 10 feet out. I remember that I was very surprised. He especially had a nice shot about 12 feet from the basket along the baseline.

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
ever looked up his career shooting %s?

First season under 41%, second 43%, third 51%, fourth under 42%, fifth 44,4%, sixth 53.6%, seventh 45.4%...

Career 4.6ppg 5.1rpg 18.8mpg

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Foyle is a good, hustle-type big man who can help the team.

I do remember Cotton always seeming to rave about him when he came into the game.

It would be a good signing, but hopefully not one that would severely impact PHX's main objectives.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it is essential that the Suns sign a veteran point guard. I would love to have them pick up a good defense oriented center, but I'm not in favor of paying a lot for a stop gap.

We've been over this before, but I feel the future of the Suns at center is going to be Lampe. He's still a kid and needs a heck of a lot of work, but he has the size, athleticism, and general offensive skills to become a star down the road. The problem is that he isn't ready to be THE MAN quite yet.

Stop gap players like Dice and Blount could fill the time until Lampe emerges, hopefully for a reasonable price. Blount would a solid starter and a fantastic backup. Dice would be a backup to both center and PF, depending on how quickly Lampe develops.

I'm not sure that any center in this year's free agency market is good enough to take the Suns to the finals. I'm reluctant to give a really big contract to Dampier, but he is the only guy who is even close to being worth paying serious money for.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I think in todays NBA it might be a good idea to have a center by committie...

There isnt enough "great" centers around.

A rotation of Foyle,Dice,Jake would be a HUGE upgrade at a center position for the Suns.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BEERZ said:
I think in todays NBA it might be a good idea to have a center by committie...

There isnt enough "great" centers around.

A rotation of Foyle,Dice,Jake would be a HUGE upgrade at a center position for the Suns.

I would not completely discount Lampe getting serious minutes this season.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake