Todd Heap

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
helps me let go a lot of rage.

and you know what shane. screw you. and that's serious. just because i'm not happier than a pig in slop at losing every key member of the Super Bowl team save three players and replacing them with over the hill guys... chronically injured guys... or no one at all doesn't mean you have any right to tell me to stop watching this team.

you don't see me calling you an idiot for believing the above. i'd appreciate you not telling me to get lost for believing the opposite.

Get lost. :)

Last edited:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

and you know what shane. screw you. and that's serious. just because i'm not happier than a pig in slop at losing every key member of the Super Bowl team save three players and replacing them with over the hill guys... chronically injured guys... or no one at all doesn't mean you have any right to tell me to stop watching this team.

you don't see me calling you an idiot for believing the above. i'd appreciate you not telling me to get lost for believing the opposite.

Cheese, you are freaking awesome!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nobody said you need to be happy as a pig in slop. But you cant even admit that even one of the signings they made are decent can you? Not to mention still a lot of good players left.

Your complaints about in the post I quoted are pure hyperbole and just being a complainer to complain. But hey if it lets you get the rage out more power to ya bro.

You know I love ya and always will!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please no fan on fan hate crimes.

Cheese has every right to be doom and gloom.

Shane has every right to his opinion too.

I personally would rather wait til November to be gloomy. Fits with the changing seasons and all.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
it's gonna be hysterical when we're awful this year because our O-line sucks, we have zero pass rush, our LBers are terrible/injured, we have zero CBs who have proved they can play in this league and we're depending on a 2nd year rookie and Steve Williams to take pressure of Fitz.

As a Cardinal fan since 1963, I can do hysterical. I just no longer want to do "hopeless". Kolb, Eason, Bradley, FA gains, FA losses, etc. Sounds like the team is trying to win. Sounds like fun.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

I think a know a couple of guys that need to talk to Dr. Dani Santino to discuss their "feelings".;)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Heap & King? Thats a nice upgrade from what we have had, for as long as I can remember.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I know these days so many fans are spoiled and disillusioned by guys like Gates and Gonzales splitting out and all that. But the plain truth is, a TE who blocks well is a huge help to the offensive line. Having TWO such guys, makes this team far better in both the rushing and the passing game.

P.S. It also helps keep our expensive new QB upright and un concussed

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody said you need to be happy as a pig in slop. But you cant even admit that even one of the signings they made are decent can you?

WRONG. i'm a big believer in Kolb's potential.

Not to mention still a lot of good players left.
doesn't matter. the cardinals don't look for good players.

Your complaints about in the post I quoted are pure hyperbole and just being a complainer to complain.

Instead of just calling me names why don't you just answer me this Shane. do the Ravens more often than not know the right time to let it's older players go? Is the guy on the wrong side of 30? did he have injury issues last year?

But hey if it lets you get the rage out more power to ya bro.

You know I love ya and always will!

i really don't care.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF they sign Heap, the receiving offense will be officially upgraded.

Most teams carry 3-4 TEs though so you could still see Spach make the team.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Listen I don't not like the Heap thing. Address it later after taking care of glaring needs like you know Cb, OLB and Oline. TE is anluxury right now not a need and since this FO continually proves they can't multi-task and since Heap has shown a willingness to play for the Cards he'll wait. Get other things taken care of first.

I agree there are bigger needs but making a guy wait isn't a good tactic either and is one of the main complaints about this team over the years. I don't buy that we can't multi-task. We managed to sign a starting G, a solid TE, a rotational DE, re-sign our punter and Sendlein all while working out a major trade and contract with Kolb. Not earth shattering but by definition it is multitasking.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Please no fan on fan hate crimes.

Cheese has every right to be doom and gloom.

Shane has every right to his opinion too.

I personally would rather wait til November to be gloomy. Fits with the changing seasons and all.

Yeah, the off season hope fades over the first few weeks of the season, then the despair builds through the holidays,...with the suicide watch starting mid january.......... being a Cards fan makes millions for therapists and Pfizer.....

SunDevil

Reaction score
sweet... another over the hill guy who's getting older, hasn't produced at a high level in years and is coming off a season where he had injury problems.

Solid point...let's start going after those guys that are getting younger...amazing plan!

Arguing that Heap would not improve our team is beyond foolish.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Don't forget that Brent Celek was a key target for Kolb in Philadelphia. Heap would be a fine addition

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the off season hope fades over the first few weeks of the season, then the despair builds through the holidays,...with the suicide watch starting mid january.......... being a Cards fan makes millions for therapists and Pfizer.....

Actually I think it more likely that Jack Daniels is a major recipient of Cards Fans money! :D

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
did he have injury issues last year?

Missed three games to come back and have a really good playoffs. If that made him injury prone last year, then that also makes Breaston injury prone.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i also am behind the idea of 2 wide with Heap/King and Housler/King Or Housler?Dray or Heap/Dray. It would also really open up the run out of the formation because King is such a great run blocker.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score

I think the use of capitals would make you a much happier person :)

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WRONG. i'm a big believer in Kolb's potential.

Not to mention still a lot of good players left.
doesn't matter. the cardinals don't look for good players.

Instead of just calling me names why don't you just answer me this Shane. do the Ravens more often than not know the right time to let it's older players go? Is the guy on the wrong side of 30? did he have injury issues last year?

i really don't care.

First part: I said signing IE FA's..Kolb was a trade and I knew you were OK with that.

Yea the cards dont look for good players(Because Colledge, Bradley, and King arent good players in this league right?)

2nd: Names? I called you a "complainer" so yes technically I did. But am i wrong? What are you doing 80% of the time in relation to the team? A truth is a truth whether you like it or not.

I already answere your question in regard to Heap/Ravens earlier. Not gonna repeat it.

3rd: I still love ya as a bro and friend whether you care or not :)

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missed three games to come back and have a really good playoffs. If that made him injury prone last year, then that also makes Breaston injury prone.

Bingo!

OP
OP
Cards Czar

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score

1. Heap was cut because Balt was hard pressed against the Cap and he was a savings of 4.6 mil for them.

2. He caught 10 passes for 108 yards last year in the playoffs against the Chiefs.

3. Bingo was his namo!

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we were the team that used the most 3 te sets last year.

So we could run Housler, Heap, and King. If I'm wrong and it was the most 2 te sets, then having 3 in Housler, Heap, and King is good.

The fourth would be Dray.

Kind of weird that the republic kept showing dray in the pictures of the workouts, and he'd be on the bubble.

That said, how anyone would be against having Housler, Heap, and King would be beyond me.

Yes we still need a tackle and a guard, but it doesn't preclude us from getting heap. Unless Rod can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals are going to screw this up for sure.

Either they will sign an old guy who sucks

or

They won't sign a former Pro Bowler who is the second best TE on the market.

I am not sure which way yet but once I have it figured out I will let you know.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05