Todd McShay: Henry/Shelton Deal Will Happen in the Next Few Days

bills_phan

Run Willis Run
Reaction score
From an ESPN.com Insider chat with Todd McShay:

Mike (Tuscon, AZ): What will Arizona do now that Kurt Warner has come -- RB?

Todd McShay: I'm hearing that the Cardinals will get a trade down with the Bills in the next few days. The Cards will send Shelton and their second round pick (44) to Buffalo in exchange for RB Travis Henry and their second round pick (55). If that's the case, cornerback will be the Cardinals top priority. It will likely be either Antrel Rolle or Pac-Man Jones.

I'm not sure how reliable McShay's information is. Is Denny gonna fold and swap seconds? We'll see... :D

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Who's Todd McShay? (Oops, Mulli88 snuck in before me - great minds think alike)

2. This isn't the same thing as John Clayton or Pasquarelli relaying information. This is some ESPN dude named McShay answering a question on a chat board?

3. I make the odds 50-50 that McShay is working on 3-week old information. (Hey! There are 32 teams he's got to keep up with. You can't expect him to have the most up-to-date info). Unless, of course, he does.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
If we landed Travis Henry, Kurt Warner, Chike, and Derrick Johnson in one off season, why I'd..........I'd.........

Kiss Tango and NEM's butt at halftime of the Mexico City game!

I just felt a tingle, gotta go. :D

OP
OP
bills_phan

bills_phan

Run Willis Run
Reaction score
Easy, fellas...don't shoot the messenger. I'm just posting some new info from ESPN Insider. They've proved somewhat unreliable in the past, so take it for what it's worth. Nobody knows whether this guy's got some inside info or is just repeating what's been speculated in the media.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just heard from someone familiar with the organization that this trade will happen in 3-4 hours.

edit - No truth to this. this was a lame attempt at a joke.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bills_phan

bills_phan

Run Willis Run
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
I just heard from someone familiar with the organization that this trade will happen in 3-4 hours.
Is this a joke or are you serious?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
You can never tell with Mulli. I don't think he even knows if he's being serious. ;)

And whats up with every Bills fan on this board having a McGahee avatar? Is it a uniformity thing?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Also we heard from John Clayton a few days ago that the trade would happen. Except that no picks where involved.

So god knows whats going on...

OP
OP
bills_phan

bills_phan

Run Willis Run
Reaction score
Redsz said:
You can never tell with Mulli. I don't think he even knows if he's being serious. ;)

And whats up with every Bills fan on this board having a McGahee avatar? Is it a uniformity thing?
If McGahee played in the desert, you'd have #21 as your avatar, too! :)

seesred

Reaction score
Well I guess there is no need for anymore info. The trade will happen ?????
The Bills will get our two number threes and get our number 44 along with Warner. WE get Henry for one year and season tickets in the upper deck, plus a years worth of new rumors to work with.

GBR
In Green we trust.

I would say No, No to trading picks.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
bills_phan said:
If McGahee played in the desert, you'd have #21 as your avatar, too! :)

LOL. You're right. I proburbly would!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope ID didn't cause alarm. I posted that with very little mornign coffee in me. I thought that the "source familiar with organization" (me) and "3-4 hours" (E. Hartwell rumor reference) were enough to show I was making it up.

I was making it up. Seems to make much more sense that this deal will take place during the draft.

OP
OP
bills_phan

bills_phan

Run Willis Run
Reaction score
NMCard said:
Why in the HELL would the Cards trade picks with the Bills?
In order to get Travis Henry - haven't you been paying attention?

The whole thing is that neither set of fans wants to see their team get fleeced in this deal. Each thinks their team has the upper hand, etc... Whatever. The terms will be the terms and that's that. If AZ decides swaps picks, they swap picks - it's not necessarily a horrible thing for you guys if it happens that way. Henry's a quality back and that's what you fans are probably better off concentrating on. It should end up being a win/win trade either way.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I seriously doubt the cards will switch 2nd round picks especially after they already switched thirds with New England. This will probably end up being a straight up player for player or no deal at all.

OP
OP
bills_phan

bills_phan

Run Willis Run
Reaction score
clif said:
I seriously doubt the cards will switch 2nd round picks especially after they already switched thirds with New England. This will probably end up being a straight up player for player or no deal at all.
Are you Denny Green?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bills_phan said:
Are you Denny Green?

No but that's what we've been hearing both from Green and from "sources" for a week now, that Green won't swap picks. Still could happen of course but he's said he won't.

OP
OP
bills_phan

bills_phan

Run Willis Run
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
No but that's what we've been hearing both from Green and from "sources" for a week now, that Green won't swap picks. Still could happen of course but he's said he won't.
That's the only thing that gives me pause. Everything seems to point to the swap of players and 2nd round picks, but Denny Green came right out and said that draft picks were not an option. Who knows, maybe he'll justify it by saying that they did not actually give up a pick, but instead swapped. Maybe there will be no swap, we'll see...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan