Cardinals at Dolphins gameday thread 10-27-24

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Holy crap. Was busy working all day but had the game up on my phone.

I’m sure others have commented but it felt like something finally clicked offensively, especially in the passing game.

My take is it seems Petzing finally unlocked the passing game to do what it’s been capable of the whole time. Instead of just pounding the ball over and over we actually passed. Perhaps this is because we were down early and needed to play from behind but K1 and the combo of McBride & MHJ was beautiful (outside of the early knocked down passes from K1).

This team did something it hasn’t done since 21’, win back-to-back games. Now we’re first in the division after that brutal start against playoff teams.

Maybe just maybe this team can make the playoffs.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great game today. Kyler seemed entirely under control, particularly in pressure situations. The defense continues to overperform. Even with zero passrush. MHJ with a dominant game. Doing star level stuff. Budda was a rocket. Garrett is just developing into a really nice player and mcbride was freaking awesome. See what happens when you get the ball to your two stars in MHJ and mcbride?

And though running the ball was tough, Connor and even benson had some big ones. The oline has really seemingly gelled in pass pro. Surprising given the injuries.

Thought raillis and petzig called good games.

Let’s keep this rolling.
I don't think the pass pro will be as good ROS. Miami's two good pass rushers are out for the season and they don't have viable replacements. What we saw today was a game where Kyler had just as much time to pass as the opponent, Miami's pass rush is as incompetent as our own. That won't happen again until we face the Panthers.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fair enough, but the HC should have called time out and made sure everyone was aware of the situation and to be certain not to let anyone get behind them. On SNF at halftime they isolated one of the Bear defenders over the near the sidelines jawing with the DC fans just prior to the snap.
That Bears defender jawing at fans during the play was the guy whose hands the pass bounced off of. He was supposed to be covering Noah Brown.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Any word on Michael Wilson’s injury? He left the game late hobbling to the sidelines. Didn’t hear anymore about it.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what has been missing from AZ for a while. Top players playing at a top level. This game was a nice reminder why it would be a good thing to re-sign Conner and Budda.
How much would they cost? Do you want high priced edge or Budda and Conner. I believe Conner and Budda have two more good years

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan