Kyler Murray Debate Thread

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played very good today. You could find something wrong about any qb in the league if you analyzed snap to snap.
Bottom line his overall performance is what we expect from him. I don’t care if he had a subpar first half.
Bottom line, good performance and a great win.
Now I have nothing to bitch about all week….:)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
He played very good today. You could find something wrong about any qb in the league if you analyzed snap to snap.
Bottom line his overall performance is what we expect from him. I don’t care if he had a subpar first half.
Bottom line, good performance and a great win.
Now I have nothing to bitch about all week….:)
My sentiments exactly. I bag on Kyler when he plays poorly, but today he was great. Two game winning drives in a row. Let's keep it rolling.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
5 seconds is not a reality for NFL QBs. Nobody expects QBs to routinely get 5 seconds. The great QBs have elite processing speed, and lagging by a few extra (fractions of) ticks will put you behind. That's one reason why Kyler isn't great. He isn't amongst the world's elite at QB processing time.
Even flag football only gives you 4 seconds to throw beginning at like 3rd grade. 5 seconds?!? Where the hell did that number come from???

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For as much as K1 gets complained about, and certainly sometimes rightfully so, IMO he needs to be celebrated just as much as he’s critiqued when he plays phenomenally.

He was flat out amazing today. Over 300 passing yards. Over 200 I believe in the second half on 18-22 passing to close the game. 10-10 at the end of the game.

Dan Orlovsky has a video breaking down three absolutely critical and beautiful conversions from K1 on the game winning drive. He delivered when it mattered most, something he realty hasn’t done in prior years. That’s now 3 come from behind wins this season alone. They are learning how to finish.

K1 was everything you want from a franchise qb and more IMO because the way he escaped multiple for sure sacks is something we as Cardinals fans 100% take for granted because other QB’s simply cannot do it.

He was elite. Period. The deep throws were beautiful and consistent. Both McBride & MHJ went for over 100 yds each. The narrative he can’t throw deep anymore I think was clearly debunked. Go and watch the MHJ TD again and watch K1 stick in the pocket and place a beauty of a ball in the corner of the end zone right over Jalen Ramsey.

So much more I could say but I’ll end with that’s my quarterback.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For as much as K1 gets complained about, and certainly sometimes rightfully so, IMO he needs to be celebrated just as much as he’s critiqued when he plays phenomenally.

He was flat out amazing today. Over 300 passing yards. Over 200 I believe in the second half on 18-22 passing to close the game. 10-10 at the end of the game.

Dan Orlovsky has a video breaking down three absolutely critical and beautiful conversions from K1 on the game winning drive. He delivered when it mattered most, something he realty hasn’t done in prior years. That’s now 3 come from behind wins this season alone. They are learning how to finish.

K1 was everything you want from a franchise qb and more IMO because the way he escaped multiple for sure sacks is something we as Cardinals fans 100% take for granted because other QB’s simply cannot do it.

He was elite. Period. The deep throws were beautiful and consistent. Both McBride & MHJ went for over 100 yds each. The narrative he can’t throw deep anymore I think was clearly debunked. Go and watch the MHJ TD again and watch K1 stick in the pocket and place a beauty of a ball in the corner of the end zone right over Jalen Ramsey.

So much more I could say but I’ll end with that’s my quarterback.
Absolutely he should be celebrated for the way he played yesterday. The key though is consistency. Thats what we need week in and week out.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Absolutely he should be celebrated for the way he played yesterday. The key though is consistency. Thats what we need week in and week out.
We definitely all want to see it consistently. But I’m going to send that message to Petzing first. I don’t know what the actual analytics are but it felt like we were passing on first and second down which feels rare for this team.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The little general! Somehow standing tall in the pocket at 5' 10"!

Also, you've permanently lost your seat on the bandwagon Britcard, so don't come crawling back after another great game by Murray!

Be a man and stand by all your wretched takes on K1!

As you are so wont to point out, this year six for Murray. He's not some rookie that figured things out between week one and week eight!

This is the QB that emerged from rehab 18 months ago! He's just been waiting for his teammates and OC to help him out a little!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The little general! Somehow standing tall in the pocket at 5' 10"!

Also, you've permanently lost your seat on the bandwagon Britcard, so don't come crawling back after another great game by Murray!

Be a man and stand by all your wretched takes on K1!

As you are so wont to point out, this year six for Murray. He's not some rookie that figured things out between week one and week eight!

This is the QB that emerged from rehab 18 months ago! He's just been waiting for his teammates and OC to help him out a little!

As I've said, I'll say when he's good and I'll say when he's bad.

None of you are doing yourself any favours by crowing because he had a good game at last.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good to see he's still capable of it though.

What do you think we need to add specifically?

I know next season we need to add a downfield speed threat on offense. Even if he's just a #3. Threat of Waddle/Hill makes life a lot easier for Tua.
Go trade for Jameson Williams now.. he’s gotta be cheap after the gambling suspension, now 2 game PED suspension and how great Kahliff Raymond looked yesterday.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let’s open up the offense like we did in the second half.. I believe this is who Kyler really is and the playcalling has been a. MAJOR deterrent to Kyler’s consistency

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
the single most encouraging thing about yesterday: Kyler threw with timing, anticipation and accuracy

so many key throws, some on the run --

but: 2-15 on their 32 on the final drive to win it.

Kyler hits Marv on a deep in for 18 yds and a 1st down: over the LB, between the 2 safeties. It couldnt be a laser due to the underneath LB, but also needed pace to fit into a tight window. Its a throw the QB just has to trust that the WR is going to be there.

Its the kinda route and completion we just havent seen much of until yesterday-- and one where if teams are going to play shell, its one they have to hit regularly

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I agree with this strongly. One area of his game he has improved overall, not just when he's been outstanding, is keeping his eyes downfield and at least trying to make plays while pressured. It's less chicken with the head cut off routine and more "Okay, duck and dodge, now what's available, duck and dodge, check again" kind of stuff. Good on him.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan