TRADES

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree. Wemby has more potential than anyone ever. Just assuming he will get hurt because of his size is only looking at it negatively. The game has changed, and he doesn't even have to play center, you could keep him on the perimeter and have him play a Durant type game.

Except that he is a bad shooter.

He is not the lock people think he is. His shot needs to improve a ton and he needs to add bulk but without jeopardizing the leg bones that guys his height constantly break.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just saw this guy beat PHX single handedly in the fourth quarter earlier this last season live and in person. Beal is uncanny around the rim on drives, which is what we need more of, and is nails on the free throw line, which he gets there a LOT. Another weakness we have, getting fouls called our way, he gets foul calls. I think this is a way better guard option than was available to us in free agency. If Book and KD are on board for this, I am good. I heard from someone today Book and Beal actually like each other.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Now we need to find a solution at PF and C. Or run our two C's or two PF's to assist Beal, Book, and KD. Then some back ups. KD, Book, and Beal, work those phones to get vet min guys who want to win a championship on the lines.....

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now we need to find a solution at PF and C. Or run our two C's or two PF's to assist Beal, Book, and KD. Then some back ups. KD, Book, and Beal, work those phones to get vet min guys who want to win a championship on the lines.....

Durant is our PF. Like it or not, that's what he is. Gone are the days of Tim Duncan and Karl Malone.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess all the worrying about not adding to this team for months was misplaced. Adding a legitimate all star level player like Beal for just paul, shamet, and throw away picks is highway robbery.

Amazing that we essentially got the biggest gem of the offseason.

Also, it seems that the teams (including a brand new owner) had zero insight into the new cba at the time of the Durant trade according to this article:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I guess all the worrying about not adding to this team for months was misplaced. Adding a legitimate all star level player like Beal for just paul, shamet, and throw away picks is highway robbery.

Amazing that we essentially got the biggest gem of the offseason.

Also, it seems that the teams (including a brand new owner) had zero insight into the new cba at the time of the Durant trade according to this article:

Gotta have insider. Assuming we know something others don't?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gotta have insider. Assuming we know something others don't?
Sorry about that. It said that no one, including the teams and owners, knew the terms of the cba before it was announced. Which seems tough to believe the owners didn’t know, but the commissioners office in the nba worlds a lot more power than does the commissioners office in the nfl. So maybe.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry about that. It said that no one, including the teams and owners, knew the terms of the cba before it was announced. Which seems tough to believe the owners didn’t know, but the commissioners office in the nba worlds a lot more power than does the commissioners office in the nfl. So maybe.

I'd be curious to dive more into who did and didn't know about the new CBA. I feel the Suns were in the dark because they had an owner who was "suspended" and not part of the latest CBA negotiations, he was also looking for a buyer and finalizing a sale so what care did Sarver have about the new CBA? Would he even send his proxy there for the negotiations since he won't own a team when it goes into effect? It seems like a waste of time. Ishbia wanted a team, he didn't care about CBA changes, he's a hoops fans living a dream and isn't concerned with trivial stuff like that when spending billions on realizing a dream. Ultimately, were the Suns in the dark because of the odd situation with their ownership or were all NBA owners in the dark? I am leaning towards Suns being more in the dark than others due to the ownership issues.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd be curious to dive more into who did and didn't know about the new CBA. I feel the Suns were in the dark because they had an owner who was "suspended" and not part of the latest CBA negotiations, he was also looking for a buyer and finalizing a sale so what care did Sarver have about the new CBA? Would he even send his proxy there for the negotiations since he won't own a team when it goes into effect? It seems like a waste of time. Ishbia wanted a team, he didn't care about CBA changes, he's a hoops fans living a dream and isn't concerned with trivial stuff like that when spending billions on realizing a dream. Ultimately, were the Suns in the dark because of the odd situation with their ownership or were all NBA owners in the dark? I am leaning towards Suns being more in the dark than others due to the ownership issues.
From the article:

The Suns' leadership -- owner Mat Ishbia, CEO Josh Bartelstein, president James Jones and vice president Ryan Resch -- had been thinking about this problem ever since these rules became public in April; the new CBA was a bit of a gut punch to them.

Phoenix had just traded for Kevin Durant in February, sending all of its tradeable first-round picks to the Brooklyn Nets in the process. Two months later, the team-building world had instantly changed on the Suns. Though there was a committee of owners negotiating the new labor deal, individual teams were not consulted and found out about the new rules at the same time as everyone else.”

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex saying suns talking to Atlanta and Boston about ayton.

brogdan and Robert Williams I would assume.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex saying suns talking to Atlanta and Boston about ayton.

brogdan and Robert Williams I would assume.
Gambo went through his list a couple weeks ago for potential targets in a trade. He brought up Brogden and about 4 other targets. It seemed odd he had such a specific list.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Shown less? He was a DPOY finalist last year. He's an excellent defender, despite his size. Much better than Ayton.
He's right about Williams not staying healthy, though. In five seasons, he's only managed to play more than 35 games twice... and in the "healthy" seasons, that only amounted to 52 and 61 games. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for anyone kvetching about Durant's and Beal's health histories.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
24 yr old point gaurd that is supposed to be an excellent defender can’t believe we got as a throw in lol this trade seems crazy lopsided in a good way for the suns. Both players besides Beal have excellent cheap contracts for a few years. With cap being a problem couldn’t ask for more. If he even stays healthy I like him better than Payne already haha!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Vomit. Williams is a year older than Ayton, has shown much less, and can't stay healthy.
Can't trade Ayton for anything resembling an injury concern. We're going to all hands on deck.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think a potential 3 team trade could happen with ATL & DAL. Too much PHX smoke with John Collins, we supposedly had two potential deals for him before landing Durant and Beal. I don't think ATL wants Ayton, Collins for him would have happened already IMO.

Here is what I think a trade looks like:

ATL - David Bertans & #10 pick
DAL - Deandre Ayton
PHX - John Collins

ATL finally sheds Collins contract, DAL gets their big man to pair with Luka & Collins finally lands in PHX. John Collins has shown ability to rebound and his athleticism should enable him to become a good defender. Plus he can has 3pt range.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no problem having conversations with teams about Ayton just as long as keeping Ayton is a realistic option. If we are having a firesale, it doesn't make sense. New coach, new mix, maybe a new Ayton. There is too much potential there with him to just dismiss it completely.

If we can make a trade that definitely makes the team better, fine.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think a potential 3 team trade could happen with ATL & DAL. Too much PHX smoke with John Collins, we supposedly had two potential deals for him before landing Durant and Beal. I don't think ATL wants Ayton, Collins for him would have happened already IMO.

DAL - Deandre Ayton
PHX - John Collins

ATL finally sheds Collins contract, DAL gets their big man to pair with Luka & Collins finally lands in PHX. John Collins has shown ability to rebound and his athleticism should enable him to become a good defender. Plus he can has 3pt range.
Ayton is a far better player than Collins. I see no point in this for the Suns.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

DAL - Deandre Ayton
PHX - John Collins

Doesn't make sense.

We don't need a scorer which is what Collins wants to do, and that leaves us with no Center.

I would much rather do Capella and Bey over that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

DAL - Deandre Ayton
PHX - John Collins

Horrible trade. Keep Ayton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser