Trail Blazers @ Suns (season opener) 10-18-17

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the end of last season I really thought Chriss was gonna be a star. He looks like he played video games and ate fast food all summer. Seems like he caught DC disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought so too. I thought he’d be even more ready to play. He played with attitude and with a chip on his shoulder.

No he just has attitude.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerry owed this community more than that (the sale to Sarver). This community supported him and his team faithfully for years. This community made him rich, gave him an arena etc.

I give him a lot of credit for being a great GM and owner. But the sale to Sarver was just bad.

How could he have predicted the sale to Sarver would turn out the way it did? Also, if he took the highest bid that is what every owner would have done.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How could he have predicted the sale to Sarver would turn out the way it did? Also, if he took the highest bid that is what every owner would have done.

Colangelo tried to sell the Suns to a good owner and keep the ownership in-state. I'm not sure if it was the highest bid though.

Colangelo, who chose Sarver's bid over a potential out-of-state buyer he would not name, has little if any worry about the new relationship.

"I have nothing but very strong feelings that this is a marriage that will be healthy for this franchise," Colangelo said. "I've come to appreciate and respect what he (Sarver) has accomplished. Just as important to me, I like him."

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2004/04/26/story3.html

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
They were skeptical of Sarver before the sale but there wasn't any interest from others and Sarver was willing to pay. That 's why they created the transition period but it didn't do much good. THEY KNEW what they were doing but Jerry was pissed at Arizona over his perceived disrespect over what happened with the Dbacks.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They were skeptical of Sarver before the sale but there wasn't any interest from others and Sarver was willing to pay. That 's why they created the transition period but it didn't do much good. THEY KNEW what they were doing but Jerry was pissed at Arizona over his perceived disrespect over what happened with the Dbacks.

What? Never heard this before, and frankly, that is not the way Jerry operates. He had a cancer scare, he panicked. He never should have sold the team. He knows that now.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What? Never heard this before, and frankly, that is not the way Jerry operates. He had a cancer scare, he panicked. He never should have sold the team. He knows that now.

Well jeesh...the team is probably worth double what he sold it for....and they aren't even half as good.