Trail Blazers @ Suns (season opener) 10-18-17

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not funny and it's not worth watching or writing about. I really don't even see the point in paying attention until draft time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not funny and it's not worth watching or writing about. I really don't even see the point in paying attention until draft time.

Dude... you gotta try and find the humor in stuff like tonight. I mean, it's a laugh to keep from crying thing... although, to be honest, I've been so disconnected from this team for almost a decade, that there's no tears to even be shed at this point.

Try to lighten up a little. I know that might sound condescending and it's not my intent. There's just no point in taking anything seriously with this team until they give you a reason to.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Look at the bright side. In another six weeks or so, the Suns will be 5-13 and this board will be talking about how they're only five games out of a playoff spot.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude... you gotta try and find the humor in stuff like tonight. I mean, it's a laugh to keep from crying thing... although, to be honest, I've been so disconnected from this team for almost a decade, that there's no tears to even be shed at this point.

Try to lighten up a little. I know that might sound condescending and it's not my intent. There's just no point in taking anything seriously with this team until they give you a reason to.

The NBA is about entertaiment anyway you can get it so I totally agree with this post. People need to lighten up. We are so far from a championship it's not worth getting bent over.

But realistically, they aren't going to lose like this every night. Eventually pride will kick in and they will find a way to stop (or slow) the bleeding. They still will lose a lot but it won't be this dramatic.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But that was not close to entertaining. I can enjoy a loss when young players are developing. But this type of losing ruins young players.

I am not one usually to react this strongly. But this team has talent. There is no excuse for this. So just bear with for a bit while I break a few things and kick the dog.

You all can lighten up if you like. I won't be upset at you, if that's the way you want to cope. I am just hoping that someone from the team reads this. I would like for everyone of them to know some fans are just plain ticked.

Last edited:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But that was not close to entertaining. I can enjoy a loss when young players are developing. But this type of losing ruins young players.

I am not one usually to react this strongly. But this team has talent. There is no excuse for this.

You all can lighten up if you like. I won't be upset at you, if that's the way you want to cope. I am just hoping that someone from the team reads this. I would like for everyone of them to know some fans are just plain ticked.

Well I understand you being ticked off. But I don't think they are going to lose by 40+ points every night.

But yeah it's pretty sobering.

The good news is we have Len coming back and he finally has this game figured out! :sarcasm:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Realistically, when does Watson get fired? I agree with some others, he should be fired tonight, that won't happen though. I don't think he should coach a game in 2018 so if they can get him gone sometime in December I'll be fine with it. Not that this season can be salvaged but this is beyond embarrassing how players are running around without a clue playing ISO ball.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Realistically, when does Watson get fired? I agree with some others, he should be fired tonight, that won't happen though. I don't think he should coach a game in 2018 so if they can get him gone sometime in December I'll be fine with it. Not that this season can be salvaged but this is beyond embarrassing how players are running around without a clue playing ISO ball.

Watson is in on the tank. They won't get rid of him until this season is in the deep freeze.

:hairraise

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The thing is this was just the Blazers...minus a starter even.

What happens when the Suns play GS or the Thunder??

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I missed the original showing but caught some of the replay.

Seems like the suns hung in there for about a couple quarters. I saw Bender and he looked like he had excellent foot speed... especially when I saw him defending. I definitely see his potential.

Seems like the suns got robbed on some plays and the Blazers got hot. I mean yeah Watson should be canned (eventually) and the suns are still bad but I don't they are as bad as the score shows. This might have been a wake up call game. I still think they will bounce back but the west is brutal so who knows.

Ppl that brought up Dan Majarle I think it's his time. As a player he knew how to defend and he played for Pat Riley. They should just call him up... I think he would jump at it no question.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Best play of the game for the Sun's

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am not one usually to react this strongly. But this team has talent. There is no excuse for this. So just bear with for a bit while I break a few things and kick the dog.

I agree with your take. It was not the Suns losing but the way they lost.

Putting young players on the court without a strategy other than shoot the first 3 point shot they get and being left to create their own shot is not the way to go. At the minimum, developing young players should be entertaining. Looking at the players faces, many looked demoralized.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Way to kick off the 50th season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once they were getting blown out part of me was hoping they'd lose by 50. It would have been so fitting. 48. So close.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's one game and the start so I won't get overly excited either way. However, I have to admit, there seemed to be a lack of coaching going on by Watson. It looked more like a bunch of young kids playing on a playground.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I changed my mind...I don't think we should tank now.

:beer:

Looks like this is gonna be a long year with a lot of empty game-threads. We all assumed the Suns would be pretty terrible. I was just hoping that they'd show a little bit of progress and steal a few impressive wins. And that they'd avoid the "strategic resting" of players at the end of the season.

If the first game is any indication they won't need to try and tank. They'll be bad enough on their own.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I've seen better basketball in pick - up games at the gym. There's no structure to the team... other than shooting contested 3's and looking completely lost. Granted it was the 1st game of the season, but compared to the 6'ers and other 'bad' teams... the suns looked like they were playing high school ball. Watson will be lucky to make it to the all - star break if they keep this incompetence up.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Once they were getting blown out part of me was hoping they'd lose by 50. It would have been so fitting. 48. So close.
A tribute to the Sarver era.
50 years
Top 5 winning %
Take a look at me now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk